Car Service to Crypto Center?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We are heading to DL in November and have secured Lakers tickets (yay!) and I’m hoping you may have recommendations on a car service that could take us from our hotel to Crypto return. I’ve already contacted Lansky’s and they don’t service to Crypto. Many thanks!

What a fun side trip! Unfortunately I can't offer car service advice other than to say don't trust the ride share info on crypto.com's website. We were there last weekend and were not able to use one of the two designated white curb pick up zones, as the street was blocked off to incoming traffic (despite receiving confirmation earlier that night that we could use that area for pick up from an employee directing traffic). My daughter and I were picked up by my husband and it was our first time there. Rookies! Hopefully drivers who regularly shuttle passengers to and from the arena will know the drill and have a descent spot to meet you after the game.

And just a heads up...I was surprised by crypto.com's bag policy which only allows very small bags (wristlets & clutches no bigger than 9x5x1). We have small, clear bags that we've used at other venues but those were too big & we had to find other options.

Not a car service but the LA Metro bus 460 to Downtown Los Angeles picks up underneath the Disneyland Monorail beam on Harbor Boulevard and would drop you off right at the door step of Crypto Arena.

Not a car service but the LA Metro bus 460 to Downtown Los Angeles picks up underneath the Disneyland Monorail beam on Harbor Boulevard and would drop you off right at the door step of Crypto Arena.
I hate how this question will sound, but just concerned about safety….the mass transit where I live has been really sadly impacted by the opioid epidemic (open drug use at all times of day, violent crimes, etc)…so I’m a bit cautious. Thank you for understanding as we are travelling with our young kids.

I hate how this question will sound, but just concerned about safety….the mass transit where I live has been really sadly impacted by the opioid epidemic (open drug use at all times of day, violent crimes, etc)…so I’m a bit cautious. Thank you for understanding as we are travelling with our young kids.

Just found this in a search. I took public transportation in LA in July and August and had no serious issues. I had no issues taking my 12 year old on any bus or rail. There were homeless riding and also the occasional weirdness, but that's the case with any public transportation. I didn't see any open drug use and never feared for my safety. We did see some mentally ill people just wandering around Metro subway stations, but they were harmless. We actually took route 460 from Anaheim to LA and got off near the arena (former Staples Center) in order to transfer to a local route to get to Little Tokyo.

LA Metro is really diverse though. Their newest buses are great, with fast Wi-Fi (I think it's connected to 5G) and USB outlets under every seat. The Red/Purple lines are older heavy style subways. We took the Gold line from Santa Monica, and that's modern light rail. There were no shortage of families and just people enjoying a day at the beach.

I certainly wouldn't worry about anything after a Lakers game. There will be tons of people taking public transportation and plenty of law enforcement out, including riding on buses and light rail. Right now a Metro day pass is $3.50 (until the end of 2022), although one will also need a TAP interagency fare card ($2) to load a day pass. The 460 that goes between LA and Anaheim has a one-way cash fare of $2.50, but it's included with a day pass. They supposedly sell those on route 460 buses, but the driver told us they ran out and just let us on. We ended up getting the cards and day passes in LA at a subway station anyways, so no harm, no foul.

The train (MetroLink or Amtrak California's Pacific Surfliner) aren't really all that great because their schedules probably won't work. And you would probably need to take public transportation to get to LA Union Station to do that.

But 460 is really an oddball route. Even OCTA publishes a schedule even though it's not their bus. Your biggest problem might be that the last southbound bus leaves at about 10:30 PM (weekdays or weekends). I looked up the Nov schedule and about the only game that I'd think would work with the 460 bus would be Nov 26, which is a 5 PM start time. 7 PM night games might work though if you don't stick around and make sure to leave early.

https://www.octa.net/ebusbook/RoutePDF/MetroBusSchedules.pdf
https://cdn.beta.metro.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/23220646/460_TT_06-26-22.pdf

Other than that, there's always Uber or Lyft. It would be pricey though because of surge pricing. But I would really consider taking Metro. It's really not that bad, although I'd make sure to get there early, even if it means leaving before the game is over.

If you're willing to make a full day, you might consider staying overnight. The hotels in the area are some of the best in LA.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter