Car rental

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of renting a car from the airport for our next trip. Any suggestions on the cheapest way to do this?

I'm thinking of renting a car from the airport for our next trip. Any suggestions on the cheapest way to do this?
My husband always insisted on a rental car for every vacation, especially Disneyworld. In the past, I would start searching websites of all the different car rental agencies as soon as possible. They are just like airfare, ups and downs. One thing I would not do is pay for the car upfront because if you do and a better price comes along whether it's with the one you made the ressie with or another, you can't cancel for the better deal. Sign up for their loyalty programs. It's worth it. Also there is a transportation board on here. Many post coupon codes, prices drops, what they paid, etc. It's full of information. My husband also does a lot of travel and by far he prefers Enterprise. The last time we were at DW, we used them and were very pleased.

Check rates at both the Airport location, and one of the suburban locations of the same companies. Suburban locations often are cheaper because they don't have an airport tax or the rates are lower than the airport.

Usually, the off airport locations are cheaper because there will be an added airport fee for cars rented at the airport. However, if you are flying, it may be hard to get to the off airport location to pick up the car.

I've had the best luck by going to the rental car websites. I book a car and then check back a few weeks later. If I find a better deal on the same sized car, i'll cancel the original reservation and rebook. I find the best deals about 3 days before I pick up the car. By doing this on our recent WDW trip, I went from $350 for 9 days down to $215 for the same number of days and same sized car.

If you are a Costco member, you can also get discounts on car rentals through Costco Travel.

If staying on Disney property take their bus to the hotel, then rent from Alamo. They have locations at the dolphin and car center. They will pick you up and drop you off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter