Car Rental question--Arriving after counter closes

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
We are looking at a long weekend in February arriving at Sanford at like 11:30 pm. How does the rental car process work when you are arriving after they close?
I have returned cars before the counter opens in the am and left the keys in the drop box, but didnt know how it works in getting your vehicle when you arrive after they are closed.
Thanks for any info

This is a question for the rental car company but with smaller locations it often is not possible, larger locations may offer 24/7 get in the car and check out with the staff at the gate

This may be a time to check out non tradional rental companies that can offer pickup when you need it.

Man..how do people get to where they are going? I’m flying Allegiant and this is the only flight. I have no idea why they fly so late 🤦🏼‍♀️

Budget airline scheduling! Couple of options are to take an Uber or find a hotel for the evening and get in line in the morning for your car.
Yeah, budget airlines at its best. ughh. we have flown them before, and never arrived this late. I dont think there are any hotels right there at the airport from what I remember. Never ubered before either, so that would be an adventure...

Yeah, budget airlines at its best. ughh. we have flown them before, and never arrived this late. I dont think there are any hotels right there at the airport from what I remember. Never ubered before either, so that would be an adventure...
You could also just use a car service, where the driver will be waiting for you when you arrive.
Several of the local companies service Sanford:
Mears
Tony Hinds
Happy Limo
Ace Luxury Transportation

Once you arrive at Disney, you can always rent a car from the Car Care Center on property, via Enterprise, Alamo, or National.

Alamo and enterprise both close at midnight. It might be better to switch your rental car. You can also try calling in advance and seeing if they'll stay open for the last flight?
IC car rental show they are open 24 hours.

You could also just use a car service, where the driver will be waiting for you when you arrive.
Several of the local companies service Sanford:
Mears
Tony Hinds
Happy Limo
Ace Luxury Transportation

Once you arrive at Disney, you can always rent a car from the Car Care Center on property, via Enterprise, Alamo, or National.

We are actually doing Universal this trip. I guess i can try and get a hotel close to Sanford and uber over there. Thanks

Alamo and enterprise both close at midnight. It might be better to switch your rental car. You can also try calling in advance and seeing if they'll stay open for the last flight?
IC car rental show they are open 24 hours.

Ok, thanks! I don't have one booked yet, but will check with them since they are open until midnight.

Every airline has late flights — budget or not. Hubs are still popping out flights until 11pm when it finally settles down. An A320 or 737 generally has a list price of $100 million. They’re going to use those things as long as money can be made.

But no picking up a car after hours is not the same thing as dropping one off after hours.

Remember you will have to pay to park at Universal resorts. You may want to price out the car service vs renting.
Remember you will have to pay to park at Universal resorts. You may want to price out the car service vs renting.

Yes, I know they charge for parking. We just did a weekend November. My husband and daughter have AP's for Universal but I dont. I prefer to drive over to WDW and spend my days resort hopping and eating, so thats why I need a rental.

Some rental agencies, some airports, extend hours to accommodate passengers on late flights.
Ross has good advice. You're not limited to Avis. Many agencies have a desk in hotels in the area of Universal.

Some rental agencies, some airports, extend hours to accommodate passengers on late flights.
Ross has good advice. You're not limited to Avis. Many agencies have a desk in hotels in the area of Universal.
Thanks so much! I didn’t know they had rental kiosks in the resorts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter