• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain’s Reception?

Is there a Captain’s Reception on 3-night cruises?
Only 8 or more now. Changed it during my last Silver cruise. Thankfully I got one 13nt cruise in as gold. I don’t see a lot of long cruises in my future with my parents health so glad I got one in.

Too many gold and platinums these days. Even on the 8+ night cruises where they still have them, they have changed it from a reception to a presentation in the Walt Disney theater to be able to fit everyone

The Captain’s Reception is not the same as the Gold/Platinum Reception that some previous posters seem to confuse it with.

The Captain’s Reception is usually on formal night before each dinner serving. They have free drinks in the atrium.

I did. two cruises this year: on the Dream (7-night cruise) it was put together with the shimmering seas reception. They had a little character show and blue drinks. On the Wonder, we had the normal Captain’s Reception on formal night and then a few days later the Shimmering Seas reception. That meant free drinks twice!! Also, the drinks on the Wonder were much better and more plentiful.

Formal night was so special 15 years ago. I miss them.

The Captain’s Reception is not the same as the Gold/Platinum Reception that some previous posters seem to confuse it with.

The Captain’s Reception is usually on formal night before each dinner serving. They have free drinks in the atrium.

I did. two cruises this year: on the Dream (7-night cruise) it was put together with the shimmering seas reception. They had a little character show and blue drinks. On the Wonder, we had the normal Captain’s Reception on formal night and then a few days later the Shimmering Seas reception. That meant free drinks twice!! Also, the drinks on the Wonder were much better and more plentiful.
Maybe OP should clarify which one they mean? We had that on formal night on our Fantasy 7 night this year but it was called the “Welcome Reception.” And this summer we just had “Shimmer Seas Celebration.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter