Cape May or O'Hana

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
For our next trip I'm going to do less table service meals. My kids are so picky and I felt like we wasted so much money last month:/ We are for sure eating breakfast at Tusker House and dinner at RainForest café. I would like one more place...either Cape May or O'Hana...Haven't been to either one of these, which would be best for our third choice?

If you are looking for a good character breakfast I would choose Cape May. It is a much quieter experience than most character breakfasts. The food is standard breakfast goodies and the characters usually come by the table 2-3 times during your meal. We have also found the wait staff to be really friendly. If you are looking for dinner, then I think it depends on what kind of experience you are looking for. If you want to sit down and enjoy a quieter meal, then it's Cape May - as long as your kids like seafood. If you are looking for something a little more interactive, then my choice would be O'hana. They usually have a couple of activities for the kids during your meal.

For our next trip I'm going to do less table service meals. My kids are so picky and I felt like we wasted so much money last month:/ We are for sure eating breakfast at Tusker House and dinner at RainForest café. I would like one more place...either Cape May or O'Hana...Haven't been to either one of these, which would be best for our third choice?

I've never been to Cape May but we have done O'Hana for breakfast twice anf loved it!

Honestly, I think either of those two places would be good for your breakfast. I would choose based on where you will be going after breakfast (which park).

That's a hard choice as we have been to both many times and love them both. With that said, if I had to choose just one, I'd go with Cape May. We do love Ohana, but Cape May is our favorite breakfast and is a must do for us every trip.

TOTALLY depends on when you are going and what characters (if applicable) you are excited to see.

Breakfast at both places is nice... I like the Character interactions at Cape May better than O'Hana... but it's the usual gang- many of whom you will see at Tusker house at your breakfast there. O'Hana has Stitch and Lilo in addition to Mickey and Pluto... so if your kids are fans.. this may be the deciding factor. Also It's family style service vs. buffet at O'Hana... which if you have younger kids- and a mom... can be a lot more relaxing than standing in a buffet line with a picky eater saying "how about this? How about this" and coming back to the table with a piece of bacon and a grape". The juice and pineapple bread at O'Hana is my kids' favorites too!

Dinner is a totally different ball game- If you have picky eaters, that may take O'Hana out of the running... depending on what they WILL eat. It is asian inspired/brazilian steak house concept.. still family style- but things like dumplings and asian noodles, and then big skewers of protein offered to everyone... its good- but rather expensive if your kids wont eat it!!!

I really love both places for different reasons. Since your already doing Tusker breakfast, I say you should give Ohana a try. It'll be a different experience, a nice sit down breakfast, all you can eat. You can sit and relax and wait for characters to come. Its a much more relaxing experience. Food is great, and the characters are adorable. Its such a pretty restaurant in the day time too.

Both are good choices thou. Cant go wrong with either.

Haven't had breakfast at either place. Our family thought 'Ohana was MUCH better than Cape May for dinner.

Both are great, the only difference is food is brought out family style at Ohana and Cape May is a buffet. The characters at Ohana are Pluto, Mickey, Lilo and Stitch. The characters at Cape May are Minnie, Goofy and Donald.
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ march 2014

We've done Ohana before- it's a must do for us each trip! But we also wanted to try CM this trip too so we're doing both. It looks like CM has a few more healthy choices so I'm happy about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter