***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

True! And Halloween! But we always go in October.

That's okay - we are breaking our every 3/4 year visit rule and after this October, we will be going May 2023 so I can see flower/garden!
We usually spend Halloween at DLR - last Oct was the first in years we didnt get dressed up - we'll see what happens this year. This F&G is for our May 2020 cancelled trip. This year I WILL get my Orange Bird sipper (although it is not as cute as the old one)!

My husband and I were at WDW on October 1, 1996. We had no idea it was the 25th anniversary of MK until we got there. I wish we could go in October this year, but both her and our daughter will be in school then.

We are headed back in May for a stay at the Grand Floridian from the 12th (DD's 14th BDay) through the 16th. We are celebrating lots of things this trip!

My husband surviving COVID after being in the hospital for most of January... :mickeyjum
My DD's 13th Birthday "re-do" (this will be her 14th bday) & "surviving" Middle School (she will be in high school next year) :mickeyjum
Me being CANCER FREE 🧡 :mickeyjum

...SOOOO EXCITED!!! This will be DH's first trip back since all of the COVID restrictions were placed. DD and I went back in October (which was a great trip)

We haven't talked to DD about the Middle School "Graduation" piece of our celebration and I am thinking of getting her a set of "graduation ears" just to be funny... Spam me with graduation ideas or funny shirt ideas to go along with it...like "I SURVIVED MIDDLE SCHOOL DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC"

Hey all! We are crossing our fingers hard that we can do this trip. We are on the West Coast and got crazy cheap fares on Alaska. Our kids are still remote learning-and while I really want my kids to be back in school, part of me hopes they are still remote in May.

Current plans:
May 1-11
May 1-5 Bonnet Creek (our first stay there-since we have 5 the extra room at the great price is exciting, and with almost no on site benefits seems like a good year to try)
May 5-8 scored a 2 bedroom value villa at AKV. So excited to be back at that resort-my son hasn’t been since he was a baby and he looooves animals.
May 8-11 Hard Rock at Universal.

I think we will just do a couple ADRs-Topolinos, 50s Prime Time, Skippers Cantina. Groceries in our villas-I dont mind cooking on vacation-and F&G booths for Epcot days. Still need to buy tickets-ouch. So expensive.

58A537DB-32E0-42A2-8543-DD2C9F7E7C87.jpeg
Magic Band arrived today! This is for my DVC rental at Saratoga Springs the 11-15th. That I’m committed to. Still not sure if I’m staying at ASMo before or after that stay as I have both booked. I’d prefer to go later in the month but we have a cruise booked the 15th. I suspect I’ll be doing the later stay but if cruising is a go my family is going so guess I’d be going 😁

There is an app that has all the booth menus for the F&G. You can make a check list of the items you want to try. WDW Food&Wine on the Google play store.

We are booked at Caribbean Beach 5/11-15. Whether or not we keep the reservation depends on crowd reports. We'll be deciding at the last minute when our balance is due! We are among the suckers who heard how great things were for distancing when the crowds were low and decided to make the leap. I'm hopeful it will be better than it has been lately.

I grew up in Orlando and have so many memories of Disney. My parents moved away 10 years ago, so I no longer have that connection--or free lodging!! As a result, I'm pretty new at staying at the resorts and all of the heavy vacation planning involved. We stayed at Art of Animation in 2016 in one of the Lion King suites. We're excited to try a new resort this time.

Counting down to try to get a cabana at GF. When my older daughter turned 6 in January 2019, we did a Disney trip with BBB, lunch at CRT, and a special cake delivered to the table.

Since there is no BBB right now and since my husband told me never again to book any meal at CRT, I’m hoping to book a cabana during our GF stay and have a special cake brought delivered to the villa if they aren’t doing dining at the cabanas. Are you still able to order food to be delivered to the cabanas or is that on hold?

Just booked Beach Club for May 30-June 6. Not certain at all that we'll keep this (coming all the way from Arizona, may largely depend on flight prices). But I'm excited to have a date booked after 9 months of planning different scenarios (we were originally scheduled to arrive at Disneyland the day they closed in 2020).

Are we crazy to arrive Memorial Day weekend? I'm hoping the days following the holiday won't be totally terrible?

I expect lower crowds than usual. Foreign travel is still limited and the school group travel that is typical in May is likely not happening or greatly curtailed.

Hey all, throwing my hat in the ring for May. Staying at The Swan May 9-14. Just me and the wife. Both had Covid last March and she's a nurse and I'm a firefighter/medic and we've both been vaccinated.

Really looking forward to this. Wearing a mask is no big deal to us so I'm just very thankful and very excited to be headed back. I've read this whole thread and want to say you all are amazing and so positive even when you things get you down or have to cancel a trip. It's contagious and I'm trying to be more positive in my daily life but it seems like every ambulance call I go on is Covid related so it's hard.

But, the wife is vaccinating people every day here in NY so every jab is one small step closer to a return to normalcy.

Happy to be here!

Hey all, throwing my hat in the ring for May. Staying at The Swan May 9-14. Just me and the wife. Both had Covid last March and she's a nurse and I'm a firefighter/medic and we've both been vaccinated.

Really looking forward to this. Wearing a mask is no big deal to us so I'm just very thankful and very excited to be headed back. I've read this whole thread and want to say you all are amazing and so positive even when you things get you down or have to cancel a trip. It's contagious and I'm trying to be more positive in my daily life but it seems like every ambulance call I go on is Covid related so it's hard.

But, the wife is vaccinating people every day here in NY so every jab is one small step closer to a return to normalcy.

Happy to be here!
Enjoy your trip. You and your wife deserve it! Thank you both for your efforts to keep people safe. I've rescheduled to May 2022 at the Swan and Contemporary, so I'd love to hear how your visit to the Swan is. We are a ways from being vaccinated and my youngest started a new job, so it's next year for us.

Our window for dining reservations opens tomorrow and we decided to try Be Our Guest for dinner one night. I would think that it would be a hard to get ADR. I also completely reworked our park reservations because my husband really wants to get a boarding group for Rise of Resistance.

Our window for dining reservations opens tomorrow and we decided to try Be Our Guest for dinner one night. I would think that it would be a hard to get ADR. I also completely reworked our park reservations because my husband really wants to get a boarding group for Rise of Resistance.
Good luck on getting your ressie! Even if you dont get it tomorrow I am sure if you stalk it for the next two months you will get it.
We have 3 planned HS days. Hopefully we will get a ROTR boarding group one of those days, and if not, ToT is one of my husbands favorite rides at all of WDW, so he would be happy with that. I figure, if we dont get it this trip,I have more ammunition to plan yet another trip.

BOG dinner isn’t as hard to get as it used to be since it went to a fixed price ($62 per adult I think) and there is currently no dining plan.

Sending pixie dust!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter