• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't get villa in mid-July. Any suggestions?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
I know things are getting busy, but nothing available in villas mid-July. I need to do cash reservation instead of point rental because of the cancellation policy. Anything I can do for better luck?

Thanks. That what I have been doing- but no luck. I was hoping for a great trick to score a reservation.

This late? Odds are honestly against you. Things have been booking up very quickly for a while now. If you're less than 30 days before arrival, the odds are even more slim. PERHAPS at the 29/30 day mark something might become available.

(FWIW, I believe Disney usually offers the cash booking villas starting at around 7 months out - Riviera being the exception because it's currently not sold out...those are showing available for next year already.)

This close would have been hard ANY year.

Yep. Back in Jan/Feb and maybe even March there were some villas available for cash for July. But I haven't seen those since at least April - again, with the exception of Riviera, which comes and goes and is usually Deluxe Studios.

I have a 4-night mid July reservation that I booked 2 weeks ago, I want to switch resorts so I’ve been stalking the website, I’m seeing OKW and SSR open up at least every few days for a couple nights, this is completely anecdotal and not scientific but I stalk the site a lot and it seems mornings is when random things pop up, I’m guessing it’s people canceling by calling MS?

(FWIW, I believe Disney usually offers the cash booking villas starting at around 7 months out - Riviera being the exception because it's currently not sold out...those are showing available for next year already.)
Rooms go to breakage at 60 days out, not 7 months. But like any other owner, DVC can use their points to book rooms to sell for cash at 11 months for home resort points and 7 for any resort.

Maybe try looking for different combinations of days when you're planning on going. For example, if you're dates are 7/10 - 7/17, maybe try looking for two different reservations of 710 - 7/14 and 7/13 - 7/17.

Rooms go to breakage at 60 days out, not 7 months. But like any other owner, DVC can use their points to book rooms to sell for cash at 11 months for home resort points and 7 for any resort.

All I know is I have very often seen them before 60 days. There were definitely villas and studios for booking directly through Disney for cash for July in February and March. And not just Riviera.

All I know is I have very often seen them before 60 days. There were definitely villas and studios for booking directly through Disney for cash for July in February and March. And not just Riviera.
And most likely it was because DVC used their own points to reserve those villas just like any other owner. Plus, whenever an owner trades out to ABD, DCL or the Disney Collection, those reservations are paid for by using their traded points to book a villa to sell for cash. Those would be the reasons that you see some DVC villas available before the 60-day breakage period.

I know things are getting busy, but nothing available in villas mid-July. I need to do cash reservation instead of point rental because of the cancellation policy. Anything I can do for better luck?

You could call and see if there's any cash rooms DVC has that they are willing to pull back. I'd give it extremely low odds and you might be shut down immediately when asking but if trying to get a last minute reservation you might as well try all avenues. Otherwise you do have to rely on waitlist and or stalking the website.

I consider it a misnomer that any room not booked 60 days out is immediately pulled and offered as a cash reservation. It can be but since things went online and there's been easy visibility of availability I've never seen an instance where it appears it's handled that way. I tend to believe they are doing a lot more use of averages and estimates for breakage. But that's already come up on another thread.

We booked a 1BR at BWV for July 2 through 9 last week but we had to do it in pieces and eventually all the nights we wanted became available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter