• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't afford WDW this year - so Las Vegas simply makes sense!

kaytieeldr

DIS Veteran
Okay. Cancelling my MCO flight netted me $149 in airline credits. JetBlue's 20% off sale last Thursday, minus vouchers, minus the above credit, net airfare @ $60.

My hotel of choice has a best rate guarantee; Expedia had 40% off, so five nights booked directly comes to LESS than my $200 soon-to-be-refunded Disney deposit.

Rental car, eh. That's still higher than I like, but I'll be off the Strip and going places on and off the Strip, so a car just makes sense. I know to keep checking rates ;) and I know how to avoid driving on the Strip (accidentally getting on 95 last year notwithstanding).

Food is more or less taken care of, or at least accounted for; some meals eaten out, some at my sibling's...

So, I guess my only question is - what time does Earl of Sandwich open????? I'll 'need' to be bringing home some sandwiches!

Yeah, I realize I'm not accounting for money such as the cancellation fee and taxes.

Okay. Cancelling my MCO flight netted me $149 in airline credits. JetBlue's 20% off sale last Thursday, minus vouchers, minus the above credit, net airfare @ $60.

My hotel of choice has a best rate guarantee; Expedia had 40% off, so five nights booked directly comes to LESS than my $200 soon-to-be-refunded Disney deposit.

Rental car, eh. That's still higher than I like, but I'll be off the Strip and going places on and off the Strip, so a car just makes sense. I know to keep checking rates ;) and I know how to avoid driving on the Strip (accidentally getting on 95 last year notwithstanding).

Food is more or less taken care of, or at least accounted for; some meals eaten out, some at my sibling's...

So, I guess my only question is - what time does Earl of Sandwich open????? I'll 'need' to be bringing home some sandwiches!

Yeah, I realize I'm not accounting for money such as the cancellation fee and taxes.

It opens up at 6am daily and closes at midnight except for friday and saturday nights when it's open till 2am.

Thanks, Mike! That gives me plenty of time to pack, check out, get some frozen peas at the supermarket, and stop at EoS before heading to the airport (and it's probably cheaper than the slots ;)).

Thanks, Mike! That gives me plenty of time to pack, check out, get some frozen peas at the supermarket, and stop at EoS before heading to the airport (and it's probably cheaper than the slots ;)).

Yes, and stay away from the slots on the strip, they've gotten even tighter with the economy the way it is. Best Slots I have found in Vegas are at The Orleans, Gold Coast, and Palace Station.

Yes, and stay away from the slots on the strip, they've gotten even tighter with the economy the way it is. Best Slots I have found in Vegas are at The Orleans, Gold Coast, and Palace Station.
Nope.

Martini's at Charleston & Rampart & Sean Patrick's at Flamingo & Cimmaron.

East or west of the Strip, jlima? I'm thinking Cimmaron is east and Rampart is west? I know Charleston and Flamingo :teeth: but not which way to turn. In fact, I'm not even sure why I think Rampart is west - it just sounds sort of familiar.

East or west of the Strip, jlima? I'm thinking Cimmaron is east and Rampart is west? I know Charleston and Flamingo :teeth: but not which way to turn. In fact, I'm not even sure why I think Rampart is west - it just sounds sort of familiar.
Both of these places are west of the Strip. Sean Patrick's is across Flamingo from the DMV; and Martini's is right behind the Mimi's Cafe on the corner of Rampart & Charleston; the same corner where Claim Jumper, PF Chang's, Pottery Barn, Target, Whole Foods, etc are.

Rampart is the same street at Ft. Apache - the name changes when you cross Charleston.

the same corner where Claim Jumper
What? There's a Claim Jumper that doesn't require wending one's way around a simulated town square, only to end up parking a mile away? Fantastic - thanks!

And thank you VERY much for the locations.

What? There's a Claim Jumper that doesn't require wending one's way around a simulated town square, only to end up parking a mile away? Fantastic - thanks!

And thank you VERY much for the locations.
Just find Charleston and drive West . . .but it's about 6 miles from the Strip. Have fun!!

Thanks again. My brother works downtown, but except for e-mail telling him I'm coming we probably won't speak until I get there. I bet he doesn't even know this CJ exists, but it'll be a lot more convenient to meet him there before work :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter