Candy Cane or Alpine Inn or Desert Palms

disney dumbo

Mouseketeer
Please share your thoughts for a January stay for 2 adults. How would you rank the choices of staying at these and why?
Would like an easy walk to Disney and restaurants, I guess these are all next to each other. Possibly a car to park:

Candy Cane Inn $700... but hear talk about it being closed?... free parking, complimentary shuttle to Disney, free continental breakfast, free wifi, 10 min walk
Alpine Inn $600 free parking, free wifi, 10 min walk .5mile
Desert Palm $700 plus $22/day parking, free hot breakfast, 10min walk, free wifi

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Only 2nd time here as an adult... other time was onsite with group... need more budget experience this time! :)

I frequently stay at the Alpine. It is pretty bare bones (well maintained and clean, just no frills). My parents first stayed there in the 70's and my first stay was in 1985, so for me it's partly nostalgia. But the primary reason is the location. For the price, there is no closer option (especially with the Candy Cane's extended closure). The ability to walk to the parks without crossing a major street because you're on the same side as Disney property is unbeatable. Again, the rooms are pretty minimal and sometimes the soundproofing leaves something to be desired if you have noisy neighbors.

Generally I would say Candy Cane as first pick of that list for me but make sure you book a backup- especially for something as soon as January. They closed during COVID and are undergoing remodel with the reopening date being continuously pushed back (like, for over a year now...) and keep cancelling reservations with just a few weeks notice. See thread below
Candy Cane Inn Reopening Date

Last edited:
We stayed at Alpine Inn in November for one night and it was clean and no frills, we would stay there again. Honestly, there's something nice about staying at a motel with your car right outside your room. Unloading the car is so much easier!

It's a little bit farther than we like to walk, we usually stay at Desert Inn & Suites or Grand Legacy, both budget but across the street on Harbor. But for us, since we were only staying one night on a budget it was perfect. Our bathroom window backed up to Radiator Springs Racers so we could hear the cars from our room.

Also, look at Grand Legacy, they have been having some winter deals and I'm staying there next week for $94 a night plus $17 for parking. Definitely get on their email list if not already.

I frequently stay at the Alpine. It is pretty bare bones (well maintained and clean, just no frills). My parents first stayed there in the 70's and my first stay was in 1985, so for me it's partly nostalgia. But the primary reason is the location. For the price, there is no closer option (especially with the Candy Cane's extended closure). The ability to walk to the parks without crossing a major street because you're on the same side as Disney property is unbeatable. Again, the rooms are pretty minimal and sometimes the soundproofing leaves something to be desired if you have noisy neighbors.
I always stayed here as a kid too! We loved staying here recently too. Brought back a lot of memories. We would totally stay at Alpine again.

Desert Palms is also nice and it is a hotel, not a motel. We loved the hot breakfast and the breakfast room is on the top floor and had an awesome view into DCA. We really liked our room and would stay there again.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter