Candlelight Processional

Not knowing your travel plans or if you are on property or not, but one suggestion, if you have the length of stay and are on property, is to look at the +10 range of days. I just hit our window yesterday and while one of my desired locations wasn't available on day 1 or 2, I had no issues getting it later around day 7. My own personal opinion, if I had to choose between the two, CP would win hands down. Good luck, hoping you catch some pixie dust.
We are on property but only for 5 nights, and BOG would be a set date. We could flex on CP by switching parks, but only for one day later. I probably will try CP first, since BOG is probably already gone for date I need, and so many more people than normal will be trying for CP on our ADR date. Thank you!

Currently, Disney has posted that the normal 60 day window will apply. So, that might spread the reservation craziness out some?
That will definitely help, but our ADR booking date is the first day CP packages can be booked. There are some people who have already booked ADRs before the CP package drop date, and they will probably be online at 6am Thursday if they want the package, along with those of us who just happen to be able to book regular ADRs that day. It's just luck of the draw - whatever date Disney chose would have impacted someone this way.

That will definitely help, but our ADR booking date is the first day CP packages can be booked. There are some people who have already booked ADRs before the CP package drop date, and they will probably be online at 6am Thursday if they want the package, along with those of us who just happen to be able to book regular ADRs that day. It's just luck of the draw - whatever date Disney chose would have impacted someone this way.
That would be me. Made my ADRs for our upcoming trip yesterday morning when we hit our 60 day mark. Unfortunately with CP performances starting November 25, you basically have people with windows that have been open for about 12 days all pent up and waiting to book. Hopefully the system doesn't crash.

That would be me. Made my ADRs for our upcoming trip yesterday morning when we hit our 60 day mark. Unfortunately with CP performances starting November 25, you basically have people with windows that have been open for about 12 days all pent up and waiting to book. Hopefully the system doesn't crash.
That's my concern, so I have warned DH that we may not be able to get either one. We had to cancel our trip last week due to Hurricane Ian, including MNSSHP (Tuesday so no refund but value stays on our account). He was looking forward to that trip so much (with the party and Food and Wine Festival) because we have had to change our vacation plans around a lot this year, and that was going to be our first trip of the year. I am really hoping for some pixie dust Thursday!! Good luck to everyone!

Question – were ”Same Day Dining packages“ offered last year at Spice Road & Regal Eagle?
If so, anyone try the “same day” dining package, and how was it? TIA

From CP webpage:

“Same-Day Dining Packages

Planning a last-minute visit? You may be able to purchase a same-day dining package, which allows you to:
To check availability for same-day dining packages, visit Spice Road Table or Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue during the Festival”

For those wondering about timing, reservations opened at exactly 6am this morning. I tried on the website and my husband used the app. He got it. Working from home today I could have gone back to bed for a bit but I'm too excited to sleep! :jumping3::laughing:
It was strange - it opened earlier for some of us. 5:33 a.m. ET is when I was able to get in - on the app and my computer.

It was strange - it opened earlier for some of us. 5:33 a.m. ET is when I was able to get in - on the app and my computer.
Oh wow, that's interesting. Good to know! I had the check availability button earlier but nothing came up until 6.

For those wondering about timing, reservations opened at exactly 6am this morning. I tried on the website and my husband used the app. He got it. Working from home today I could have gone back to bed for a bit but I'm too excited to sleep! :jumping3::laughing:

I'm on the west coast and got up at 2:40ish to make a CP reservation. I had the worst time getting back to sleep because I was so excited! Now I'm up for the day and I'm still sooooo groggy a bit after 6:30.

And a bit of unfortunate timing: Two days ago was my ADR day, so the same thing happened on Tuesday! :surfweb:

I'm on the west coast and got up at 2:40ish to make a CP reservation. I had the worst time getting back to sleep because I was so excited! Now I'm up for the day and I'm still sooooo groggy a bit after 6:30.

And a bit of unfortunate timing: Two days ago was my ADR day, so the same thing happened on Tuesday! :surfweb:
Same for me. CST here, so I was up Monday morning at 4:45am to start making ADRs for our December trip (needed to snag Ohana and a couple other hard to gets) and then repeated the process this morning for CP dining packages. Long day ahead.

It was strange - it opened earlier for some of us. 5:33 a.m. ET is when I was able to get in - on the app and my computer
I’m so perplexed by this. I was up at that time and couldn’t get in until 6 AM. I wonder if there’s some common denominator amongst those of you who were able to get in early?

It was strange - it opened earlier for some of us. 5:33 a.m. ET is when I was able to get in - on the app and my computer

I’m so perplexed by this. I was up at that time and couldn’t get in until 6 AM. I wonder if there’s some common denominator amongst those of you who were able to get in early?

I was wondering the same thing... things that I could think of... where we are logging in from (does East Coast open first), staying on site, reservation at a deluxe resort? reservation notification participation? recent trips to WDW? number of trips to WDW? Disney + subscriber? Other? taking pity on those of us checking for reservations all night... 🤣

Hi. I was just looking for others experiences with getting CP dining since it opened for reservations. Our 60 day opens next week. Was there availability at all restaurants or were some booked? We are hoping for dinner at Garden Grill on Day 2 of our stay.

Hi. I was just looking for others experiences with getting CP dining since it opened for reservations. Our 60 day opens next week. Was there availability at all restaurants or were some booked? We are hoping for dinner at Garden Grill on Day 2 of our stay.
I was able to get the CP package I wanted (Rose & Crown at 5:50 p.m. and 8:30 show) on my 60+1 day. I was logged on and ready to go at 6:00 a.m. when reservations first became available. You should be fine getting your preference.

For those that did not succeed you still have options! This package can be cancelled. Some reserve multiples because they cant decide (unfair and unfortunate), travel plans change, Disney drops in more availability (has happened before). So you can keep checking especially just before cancel period expires. Also the 2 walk ups. Regal Eagle ans Spice Road. Just show up when rhey first open for lunch and you will likely have no problem getting passes. They let you pick what showtime you want.

We have reservations to go to Epcot the day after Thanksgiving because we wanted to see the Candlelight Processional. Our 60 day mark was last Friday. We did our best to get dining reservations, but all four restaurants that have been in the Candlelight Processional Dining Package before were completely booked up (even at 6:00 in the morning that day). Is there any way to be able to see the Candlelight Processional (not just listen to it), without having the Dining Package and without standing in line for it all day long? Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm only in Disney Tuesday through Friday that week, and really want to see as much of the Christmas decor and festivities as possible.
You can stand at the back for free but not special to me. There are cancellations. all the time..so 1 you can keep watching for availability. 2. use one of the 2 day of walk up options. Be there when they first open for lunch..prepared to eat and they let u pick the show time for your passes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter