Candlelight Processional ~ do I *need* a package???

There are four adults and two children in our family so for us it would cost almost $200 - we are staying offsite so I assume we would just pay that out of pocket. It seems like a lot of money to see this but it sounds amazing. Is it worth it? I can't see spending hours waiting in line - we'd miss out on a day at the park.

I went ahead and got the package. It's my one ADR for that trip. I've heard such good things about the Candlelight Processional that I wanted to make sure that I got to see it.

There are four adults and two children in our family so for us it would cost almost $200 - we are staying offsite so I assume we would just pay that out of pocket. It seems like a lot of money to see this but it sounds amazing. Is it worth it? I can't see spending hours waiting in line - we'd miss out on a day at the park.

Check out this article to help you decide if it's worth it:

http://www.easywdw.com/category/worth-2/candlelight/

All this is good to know. My DB is doing the CP and I wasn't. We have done it multiply times and I was just going to try and get in line and see it with him on Nov. 27th. My DD wasn't interested in seeing it again and I don't want to use 2 credits to eat. Hmmm. trying to decide now, is it worth waiting in line or not. He is doing the 5:45 show, I'll have to think about this. Anyway, We do Love the show:thumbsup2

We've seen it several times with no dinner package. We just stand in line about an hour and a half. We've even attended a show on Christmas Eve.

It's a wonderful show and not to be missed.

Wish they would announce the narrators for the first week of Dec. so I can finalize my plans and make reservations if necessary. Unsure if we're going to do EPCOT this trip or not depends on who's going to be there. Would like to try something different maybe Seaworld or Busch Gardens holiday shows. Made plans for a week now I'm wishing I had planned a few extra days but too expensive to change plane tickets.

We used the package money to buy another hotel night and another day at the parks.

My plan is to only have visiting the countries and the kid stops where they color and get the country stamp left to do the night of CP. I will get in line when DH takes DD7 to get her stamps. I plan to get in line at 4:00. We will be there when NPH is there so I may not get into the first show. But whenever we are finished with CP we will hit any countries they missed and then if there is time, redo our favorites before we leave.

I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much if its just her coloring.

We did the package for the reserved seating and it was definitely worth it for us with a young child who would not have spent hours waiting in line. For those who don't want to use 2TS or who are paying OOP anyway - consider a lunch reservation for the early show, it's a little less expensive than the dinner package. Also, rather than thinking it of a really expensive meal, think of it as a meal and tickets to a show - splitting that expense into 2 categories makes it a little easier to accept.

It's a fabulous show!

I just booked the CP lunch package at Coral Reef for 11/30.

I'm not sure how this works. You get some kind of hard ticket for the event? Is there a different line or place for the people who paid for the package compared to just waiting in the regular line?

If someone can please enlighten me, that would be great! We've never done CP before and I cannot wait to see it! :thumbsup2

We paid OOP at Biergarten last year for the CP and it was worth EVERY penny. It also rained all the way through the CP and it was still worth it. Biergarten was only about $27 each, so not bad by Disney standards. We love German food, so we took about 1 1/2 hours out of our day to sit and relax and have a long lunch. Then, we only got to the CP about 30 minutes before it started and got good seats. I saw that even in the rain, they were turning away people in the standby line. We also did MVMCP and Osborne Lights on that trip and I have to say, the Candlelight Processional made the whole trip for us. It was amazing. A great worship experience.

I'm not sure how this works. You get some kind of hard ticket for the event? Is there a different line or place for the people who paid for the package compared to just waiting in the regular line?

If someone can please enlighten me, that would be great! We've never done CP before and I cannot wait to see it! :thumbsup2

You get a badge to stick on your shirt rather than a ticket (it'll say which show you're reserved for), but yes, there is a separate line for people who have the badge versus people who didn't.

At the end of your meal, the waiter will give eveyone in your party a sticker to put on your jacket. Package holder have their one line. Last year (i dont knowfor this year), a reserved viewing area for IllumiNation was included.
CM will check for the sticker during the line and at the entrance of the theater.
CP is amazing, you will have an amazing time ! I so wish I could go back this year

Even with the package we had some difficulties last year. We booked at Coral Reef at 4:05 for the 6:45 show. We were early to the reservation, but it took forever to seat us (we were a party of 11, and they ended up splitting us up 6/5). Then the meal was the longest we had over the course of the trip (not least because we all got appetizers & desserts because they're included in the package)--but the service was slow too (it took forever to get the check--and the tickets/stickers after the meal!). So, we showed up at the restaurant by 4, and were leaving after 6:30. We had told the server that we were there for the package when we first showed up, so it shouldn't have been that she didn't know. Then we had to rush all the way across World Showcase to the theater (some people also had to stop for the restroom, which was our bad planning). When we got there, probably 5 min before showtime, the CMs at the package line were lovely, the first seating CM we came to was awful (didn't want to help us find seats, but said we could go across and see if things looked better on the other side) and the second seating CM on the other side was lovely and helped us find seats all together (I think some seats that had been reserved for handicap access were released as they weren't needed).

I suspect that a lot of our difficulties had to do with a few things lining up wrong (Coral Reef was packed, we were a big party, we were doing 3 courses because of the package, we may have gotten an unusually slow server, Coral Reef is one of the farthest package options), but it was an expensive meal (11x$65 plus drinks--the food, once we got it, was delicious) and then really stressful--I was convinced we weren't going to make it (or at least that we wouldn't be able to sit together). And to top it all off, the logic of having paid for the package was to avoid all that stress! Next time we will definitely try a closer restaurant (and the earliest possible seating in the window for the show we want), or we may just wait with WS beverages of choice in the standby line, or we may listen from the American Adventure pavilion to as much as we care to hear.

I will say that the show was absolutely fantastic, and once we were there and seated we had a great time (we saw Trace Adkins)--we liked watching the sign language interpreter (who was really moving) in addition to the rest of it.

We went last year for Trace Adkins. Had a lovely lunch at Coral Reef and then walked over to WS. We knew we wanted to do the 5 show and by the time we got over there (going on 4) there were already about 30 people in line. We hopped in line and my daughter walked over to the storyteller in Japan. The story ended and we had a little wait but when the doors opened we walked in and were able to sit on the second row. So worth it and even though it is two dining credits you do get app with it also. To me it was worth it and we just subbed one meal with a counter service later we typically have credits remaining at the end of the trip.

So much info in this thread, thank you all!! This is my family's first time going at this time of year so I am excited to experience it all!

Just booked a dining package for this yesterday, can't wait to see NPH!!!::yes:: The whole thing sounds wonderful!!!

Okay, so... we are also planning on spending 2 days at Epcot. But I booked the CPP for just myself and my husband for lunch @ Le Cellier on Dec. 13. Its supposed to be a low-crowd day, and the guest speaker is the chick that does Ariel's voice, so I was expecting a lower crowd.

Now that I've made all our ADRs (there are 5 of us), I am thinking I don't want to take up 2 TS credits for the CPP. But I can't find out how much it would cost us OOP. Has anyone does the CPP lunch package @ LeCellier and paid OOP? Is it worth it or should we just us the two TS credits?

Or, could we get away with not doing the package since the crowds are expected to be lower that day? Whaddayathink?

tyou can get a menu for Lecellier at Allersnet.com with pretty recent prices. a filet is pricey, but you could get a burger, I think.

the problem is the restaurant has different reservations held for the CP package than regular reservations. so many people ar trying to book Le CEllier for lunch now (since it will be 2 TS credits in 2013,) that I
m not sure you would be able to get a reservation .(yes,e ven tho you currently have a reservation. I don't think they will just "switch it over" .)

if you really want lecellier, I would keep it. It wil be 2 TS credits next year, anyway. and, as a PP said, you get a lot of food on the Dining plan.

Oh yeah! as another PP just reminded me, with the CP package, you get an appetizer! (not so with the DDP anymore)
mosseheadbeer/cheddarcheese soup!!!

I just changed our trip dates. :sad: No NPH for me. Now I'm stuck with Trace Adkins or TBD. I had to google Trace. We are not country music fans & didn't know who he was. Have there been any rumors of who the TBD will be????

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Jodi Benson (the chick that does Ariel's voice) is VERY popular. She has rapidly become a disney legend. As for the price OOP, I would suggest you try and book lunch online (and then dont actually book). It should tell you the price.

So does this mean I probably made a good choice in booking a package already? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter