Candlelight Processional - Can't Book But Started Showing Up

lorileahb

DIS Veteran
Just noticed today (because I've been looking for reservations daily) when I was searching for dining reservations that the Candlelight Processional meal packages at Epcot started showing up - none available, of course... but it did start popping up. Anyone else notice this? I am thinking of doing the Christmas After Hours event and it would be so cool if the Christmas Candlelight came back this year!

Really love the Candlelight Processional. It’s my favorite thing about a December Disney trip. I’m so sad it’s not on the holiday announcement this year. I would think they would have announced this by now if it was coming back this year.

Really love the Candlelight Processional. It’s my favorite thing about a December Disney trip. I’m so sad it’s not on the holiday announcement this year. I would think they would have announced this by now if it was coming back this year.

True - but I'm deluding :rotfl2: myself in the fantasy for a little while. Listening to Kurt Russell as the narrator in the evening with my kids is one of my absolute favorite Disney moments. :love:

True - but I'm deluding :rotfl2: myself in the fantasy for a little while. Listening to Kurt Russell as the narrator in the evening with my kids is one of my absolute favorite Disney moments. :love:

YESSS!!! We saw him in 2017 (I think) and it was the highlight of our trip! :love: The best narrator I’ve seen yet! He even looked like Santa Claus, lol!

That would be awesome! We got to see Steven Curtis Chapman, Mario Lopez, and Blair Underwood (incredible voice). This is something worth paying some extra money for. The orchestra, the singing, the story.

Last time I was there, when they hit the Hallelujah Chorus, I couldn't help but stand, hands up, tears streaming, in awe and wonder of the Greatest Story ever told.

I keep hoping something will be announced that they are bringing it back in 2021, at least in some form. But I agree with others that if this was going to happen, it's likely they would have announced something by now. I keep thinking it's got to be a very difficult situation running it in the normal format of bringing in young choir members from all around the country and other parts of the world with Covid issues still a problem. But even if they can't have the full choir, I'd love to hear the VOL doing what they can!! I'd still enjoy it!

Fingers still crossed for 21.

(ask a castmember if a posting for interested castmembers is on castmember portal….
Don’t give up the faith yet!

And don’t forget to Thank a Castmember… many are on mandatory schedules.

LOVE ... this! We have been 10 times over the years. So many fantastic narrators. We are going in Dec. Hoping they bring it back. You never know tho ... may be a reduced appearance schedule. But I would LOVE for this to happen!!!
That would be awesome! We got to see Steven Curtis Chapman, Mario Lopez, and Blair Underwood (incredible voice). This is something worth paying some extra money for. The orchestra, the singing, the story.

Last time I was there, when they hit the Hallelujah Chorus, I couldn't help but stand, hands up, tears streaming, in awe and wonder of the Greatest Story ever told.

So agree!!

My point was to the poster who said they would be hard pressed to find celebrities THIS LATE. I think they've probably been booked for a while in order to bring it back this year.

I would agree -- they seem to be "sprinkling" details out ... but they are getting closer to the 60 days for dining ressie so I am sure tha tis one reason they are bringing it out now.

FYI

By: Disney Destinations
September 14, 2021

As part of our Halfway to the Holidays celebration earlier this year, we shared a sneak peek of some of the magical experiences coming during a spectacular season of holiday joy during the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. That wasn’t everything we have in store, though, and today we’re thrilled to share that the “Candlelight Processional” will be back this year, Nov. 26 – Dec. 30, as part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth!
“Candlelight Processional” is a long-standing Disney Parks tradition, dating back to 1958 at Disneyland park. Walt Disney World guests have enjoyed the annual “Candlelight Processional” since 1971, initially at Magic Kingdom Park and since 1994 at EPCOT. After being greatly missed during last year’s holiday season, this magnificent production will once again grace the America Gardens Theatre with a live orchestra, cast choir, and celebrity narrator retelling the traditional Christmas story in spectacular and heartwarming fashion.
Since all these performers – including cast members, musicians, singers, and narrators – will be required to be fully vaccinated, this year we are not planning to host choirs from different community groups and schools. Instead, to maintain the grandeur of the performance, we are expanding our cast member choir to fill the stage with voices. We’re optimistic that the guest choirs will be able to rejoin us next year for this special holiday opportunity.
We didn’t want to wait another minute to tell you this exciting news. Of course, we’re still working to confirm the schedule of celebrity narrators and details about “Candlelight Processional” Dining Packages, so stay tuned. We’ll share all the information as soon as it’s available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter