• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional 2016

For those of you who have been before, will World Showcase be a zoo on nights with popular narrators or will we still be able to tour pretty much as usual? Our first day at Epcot is Wednesday, November 30, and NPH is the narrator that night. I know he's really popular and I've heard a line forms for several hours for people who wait in standby. I just want to have an idea of what to expect, thanks! :)

From about 3 pm until Illuminations, expect the space between Italy and Japan to resemble Main Street USA when people wait for MSEP. It's not unmanageable, and they do a pretty good job keeping the lines off to the side. During the actual performance times, it will turn into something comparable a fireworks crowd, as people slow down to try to watch and CMs try to keep the walkway moving.

The rest of World Showcase is rarely affected at all, so at most maybe try to have your American Adventure area touring completed in the early afternoon if you're looking to avoid the crowd completely.

Soooo excited! My first time doing CP and my sisters first time going at the holiday season and we will be seeing NPH! YAY!

From about 3 pm until Illuminations, expect the space between Italy and Japan to resemble Main Street USA when people wait for MSEP. It's not unmanageable, and they do a pretty good job keeping the lines off to the side. During the actual performance times, it will turn into something comparable a fireworks crowd, as people slow down to try to watch and CMs try to keep the walkway moving.

The rest of World Showcase is rarely affected at all, so at most maybe try to have your American Adventure area touring completed in the early afternoon if you're looking to avoid the crowd completely.

Exactly what I needed to know, thank you so much!

Got a table for the 1st with NPH! I had wanted either Via Napoli, Teppan Edo or The Garden Grill.. Had to take Coral Reef at 405 for the 645 show. IM SUPER picky, so not so much fun for me, but fine for the rest of my table totalling 4

Is Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club a new addition this year :confused3 I was super excited to see it on the list :dance3:

I got booked for 12-16-16 for a 3:30 dining reservation at Rose and Crown and the 8:15 CP show. I'm so excited as we've never been to this restaurant or seen CP. I cannot wait to find out who the guest presenter is that night. I know my mom would swoon if it was John Hurley. :lovestruc

For the To Be Announced dates -- the ones that don't have an assigned speaker yet -- in previous years when do you tend to find out? In the next few weeks? Right before the event?

We're going on 12/9, whoever the speaker ends up being, but I'm just curious.

Ok, I managed to get a package booked but I'm curious if it's necessary to book the dining package in order to get a seat to see it. My kids are younger so I'm not positive that they'll be able to sit through it but I'd like to try. I'd just rather not spend the extra money just to have my kids lose it and us have to get up and leave. I don't need to have the best seats in the house but it would be nice to try and see at least some of it. Especially since NPH is the narrator for some of our dates.

Ok, I managed to get a package booked but I'm curious if it's necessary to book the dining package in order to get a seat to see it. My kids are younger so I'm not positive that they'll be able to sit through it but I'd like to try. I'd just rather not spend the extra money just to have my kids lose it and us have to get up and leave. I don't need to have the best seats in the house but it would be nice to try and see at least some of it. Especially since NPH is the narrator for some of our dates.
If you do not want to take the chance you may not be able to see but you can hear the program sitting at the outside area of the quick service at Americian Adventure. There is a stand by line that starts backing up about a hour before the first program and you might not get in until the 2nd show.
I did not change the type on purpose it changed itself.

So excited to finally get this reservation done not long after waiting on the Fantasmic one I wanted to open up too! All I'm waiting on now is figuring out whatever dinner/show is happening at Animal Kingdom around December 20th. Probably won't know the answer to this until November!

Reactions: TAK
:wizard: Does anyone have any idea what the breakfast includes? I know the dinner is an appetizer, entree and dessert. I'm looking at Trattoria al Forno and I don't believe they have a buffet, so wondered what exactly the breakfast includes. :confused3

For the To Be Announced dates -- the ones that don't have an assigned speaker yet -- in previous years when do you tend to find out? In the next few weeks? Right before the event?

We're going on 12/9, whoever the speaker ends up being, but I'm just curious.

I think last year we found out in mid-November and we had to shuffle plans because Daniel Dae Kim was one of the narrators on the night we didn't choose. Lesson learned - book duplicate plans so you can pick your narrator.

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme - all narrators are awesome and the experience is beautiful. We just wanted Daniel Dae Kim because we're big LOST fans and love him on Hawaii 5-0 Too!

So excited about our first CP - 11/27 at Akershus for breakfast! Steven Curtis Chapman should be really good.

I'm so bummed we arrive on the 28th!! There's still a chance we'll switch our flight to a Saturday arrival, so I booked a CP package at Captain's Grille for Sunday morning just in case. Otherwise I'll be anxiously awaiting news about the narrator for December 5 as that would be my preferred CP day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter