Cancelling a reservation booked by TA

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
I currently have an August reservation that I booked through a travel agent for August. We decided to cancel and I emailed my agent on the 12th but haven't heard back. I know that at one point nobody could even get into Disney's reservation system. Has that changed? Are agents now able to cancel reservations online? I'd really love to get my deposit back.

I know my TA had to call in cancellations last week as she couldn't cancel online. I don't know if that has changed. Maybe e-mail again and ask if they could please confirm that they cancelled your reservation? It's also possible he/she cancelled it and it just hasn't shown as a credit on your cc yet.

I’m in the same boat. My TA reached out to me over a week ago and I instructed her to cancel but I can still see my reservation in MDE. How long does it take for your reservation to not show up in MDE once it’s been cancelled?

I know my TA had to call in cancellations last week as she couldn't cancel online. I don't know if that has changed. Maybe e-mail again and ask if they could please confirm that they cancelled your reservation? It's also possible he/she cancelled it and it just hasn't shown as a credit on your cc yet.
Its still showing on MDE. I guess I will reach out again. So frustrating.

I’m in the same boat. My TA reached out to me over a week ago and I instructed her to cancel but I can still see my reservation in MDE. How long does it take for your reservation to not show up in MDE once it’s been cancelled?
My experience has always been that as soon as its cancelled its off MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter