• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancel one day from reservation

4disneygenerations

Mouseketeer
Because we made our reservations so much in advance, its hard to fore see possible other commitments that might arise. My question, is there very much trouble in taking one day off a reservation? We have two rooms reserved at the Beach Club and now because of an important event we can not arrive on the first day of our reservation. We also can not extend the same reservations by a day because of work schedules. Luckily I have not made our flight reservations yet. I appreciate any input.

They used to be great about that sort of thing. Not so much any more. Call and explain and see what they say. In many cases they have only been able to do it if the same category room is still available. I know when I needed to do something similar a while back they said no. I had to book a different category room to get the same resort because that's what was available. Which made no sense since I was giving up the room I wanted, just for less days.

Thank you for your quick reply. This is what worries me. When I look at the WDW site they don't have the same rooms available. I don't have any discounts with the rooms, paying full price. I don't want to give up our rooms but I also don't want to pay for a day we can't even be there. I never stayed at the BC and we were really looking forward to a new resort. Maybe since its not till the end of the year they might work with me. Wish me luck, and thanks again.

You will have to call. You can't do it online. Mom2rtk is right... they won't let you just take a day off your reservation. There has to be availability for a new booking. But, since they haven't released discounts for when you are going yet, I have a hard time believing you won't be able to book something.

I'd call and see if you can book something you could live with for your new dates, and as long as you don't have to change dates, you can check and make changes online when something you'd want becomes available. You may not see something come up until they release discounts for your dates.

When I look at the WDW site they don't have the same rooms available. I don't have any discounts with the rooms, paying full price. I don't want to give up our rooms but I also don't want to pay for a day we can't even be there. I never stayed at the BC and we were really looking forward to a new resort. Maybe since its not till the end of the year they might work with me. Wish me luck, and thanks again.

As has been posted, taking a night off used to be easy, but Disney changed that and now the shorter stay must be available in order to make that adjustment. I would call and ask to speak to someone in guest services. CRO doesn't usually have the ability to make that change without seeing availability, but guest services might be able to help. It's not guaranteed they will do it, but it never hurts to ask. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter