Canadians: Disney luggage tags

Melanie26

Earning My Ears
I know Canadians do not receive magic bands by mail, but need to get them at resort check-in. I was wondering if you receive the nice luggage tags (the ones with the characters and Colors that match your magicband) at the resort check in as well. I already received the yellow luggage tags for the magical express. Any experiences from fellow Canadians here? :)

We did get the Disney luggage tags with our DME tags, but they weren't colour coded to our bands. If I remember right we received 2 Pluto tags and Minnie Mouse tag... I'm not sure if that's random at all....

We did get the Disney luggage tags with our DME tags, but they weren't colour coded to our bands. If I remember right we received 2 Pluto tags and Minnie Mouse tag... I'm not sure if that's random at all....

And you received these tags (Pluto and Minnie) in the mail? Was this for a recent trip?

We were there last week. I did my DME reservation online and by some fluke, they sent me my yellow luggage tags plus the character tags back in July, but in general you should receive them about 30 days before your trip.

You should receive the nice, colour-coded new luggage tags at check-in. Unfortunately, when I checked into AS Sports a few wks ago, my CM forgot to give me mine. I went back to the desk the next day, and another CM found a few extra in a drawer. Not colour-coded to my band but that was OK for me. Since they ditched the cardboard box that used to hold the band (the tags were already placed in the box), they are forgetting to give the luggage tags. Now an extra thing for the CM to remember. If important to you, I would add it to your list (either a written list or on your phone) of things to ask for at check-in.

I know Canadians do not receive magic bands by mail, but need to get them at resort check-in. I was wondering if you receive the nice luggage tags (the ones with the characters and Colors that match your magicband) at the resort check in as well. I already received the yellow luggage tags for the magical express. Any experiences from fellow Canadians here? :)
We were there in August (3 different resort reservations). We had two room only reservations (did not receive luggage tags with these reservations); however, our third reservation on that trip was a package (tickets and dining) and we did receive luggage tags. Our luggage tags did match our magic bands (we got gray, purple, yellow and orange). Really cute tags. ETA - we received them at check in, not mailed to our house

We did not receive them for our last trip in August but I believe it's because we stayed on DVC points.

my mom and i check in to a MYW package on november 15th (staying DVC from the 12th-15th first). we knew we wouldn't get our magic bands sent to us (being canadian), but we were hoping to get the mickey mail we usually get with the vouchers and the commemorative tags. i've received the magical express info/yellow tags, but not the rest. do they just load the vouchers (for mini golf, etc.) onto your magic bands now? and can anyone else confirm receiving your luggage tags on check in? i can call this evening, but would appreciate any recent canadian visitors sharing their experience!

my mom and i check in to a MYW package on november 15th (staying DVC from the 12th-15th first). we knew we wouldn't get our magic bands sent to us (being canadian), but we were hoping to get the mickey mail we usually get with the vouchers and the commemorative tags. i've received the magical express info/yellow tags, but not the rest. do they just load the vouchers (for mini golf, etc.) onto your magic bands now? and can anyone else confirm receiving your luggage tags on check in? i can call this evening, but would appreciate any recent canadian visitors sharing their experience!

I was at POR from Oct. 14 - 23, and I filled out my DME form online back in February or around then. For some reason I received my DME letter, yellow luggage tickets as well as the fancy commemorative tags back in July. I got a follow up call in August or September confirming that I had already received them. In general you're not supposed to get your DME information until the last few weeks before your trip. Apparently mine got sent out ahead of time due to a glitch (hence the follow up phone call). I was also told that I should have been given the Luggage tags at checkin and not in the mail. Apparently they don't send the tags internationally.

But a coworker of mine arrived at WDW yesterday, did get her DME letter and yellow tags ahead of time, but no tags. She did receive them with their magic bands when they checked in though.

do they just load the vouchers (for mini golf, etc.) onto your magic bands now? and can anyone else confirm receiving your luggage tags on check in? i can call this evening, but would appreciate any recent canadian visitors sharing their experience!
I don't know if this Sept is recent enough but I had to ask at check-in for my Magic Your Way pkg booklet with the mini golf vouchers & the discount coupon for a few of the shops at DIS Springs. It wasn't automatically provided to me. The CM had to search around for it and eventually did find it (in storage in a separate drawer behind the counter) and my name was on it, but he explained they receive so few Cdns (All Star Sports) that they forget at front desk to give these things to us. The vast majority of guests (US guests) have already received all these things in the mail. NB don't forget to ask for your matching plastic luggage tag (should match the colour of your magic band). Whether they have the matching tag for you is hit & miss this season. They didn't have mine but did substitute another colour that was sitting in a drawer. While it certainly shouldn't be this way, and I feel sad for the Cdn and other international guests who don't know to ask at check-in, it seems to be the way it is working this year. Make a list of these things you should be receiving at check-in & be pro-active about asking for it. Because my experience was if you don't ask, you don't get. :confused3

Thanks for all the input everyone!
I am checking in at Pop on November 26, so I'll make sure to ask for our personalized luggage tags, vouchers, etc. Maybe if more people ask for it, they'll start remembering lol
:)

Just to give everyone an update:
I have just come back from our stay at Pop Century, and they gave us the personalized luggage tags without us asking. However we did not receive the box that carried our magic bands, only the magic bands themselves. I did not receive the booklet with the vouchers either, but I guess you could get it if you asked for it.

Just to give everyone an update:
I have just come back from our stay at Pop Century, and they gave us the personalized luggage tags without us asking. However we did not receive the box that carried our magic bands, only the magic bands themselves. I did not receive the booklet with the vouchers either, but I guess you could get it if you asked for it.

I was at All Star Music same time as you were at Pop. We didn't receive a box with our MB either. I found it to be a huge waste when we got it two years ago. Its a lot to take back on the plane. Much less packaging seems to be the way they are doing things these days.

It's been so long that I have been to WDW. Do us Canadians get the grey magic bands or can we order coloured ones? Is there anything I should know as I haven't been since they started Fastpass+ and magic bands.

It's been so long that I have been to WDW. Do us Canadians get the grey magic bands or can we order coloured ones? Is there anything I should know as I haven't been since they started Fastpass+ and magic bands.

Us Canadians can choose the colour of our magic bands! However we do not receive them in the mail. You'll receive them at your hotel check in.
For the rest, I suggest you read the fastpass threads, and theme park strategies as you can find a ton of information there

I received my DME envelope yesterday. It had our departing flight details, but nothing for arrival. So that meant no DME luggage tags either. I called them and when I gave them my confirmation number, they had all my flight details (because I gave everything to them at booking time). She claimed it was simply a printing error as to why it was not listed on the sheet. I asked for them to mail out my luggage tags. Hopefully we get them before our departure.

Just reviving the thread, has anyone gotten actual tags in the mail yet? I remember a few years ago (maybe 3) we did get luggage tags with our ME luggage stickers but not the next year. On my confirmation it does list luggage tags and the voucher pkg.

We didn't book DME & didn't receive any kind of packet in the mail like in previous years, and we leave next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter