• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

That's all kinds of shocking. I'm not doubting you, I'm just surprised. It was widely held belief for at least the decade I've been here, and which I was taught through the ticketing sticky at the time, which was written by a Guest Relations CM.:confused:
That's crazy. I do remember there was some rumblings about it being changed but it didn't apply to me so I didn't follow. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries, I was surprised to discover it as well.

The ticket sticky thread was allowed to fade away after the OP's passing, and it hadn't been updated in quite a while anyway, so the information was out of date. There has been a lot of discussion regarding this for a while now. If you do a search you'll find plenty of updated information.

Happy travels.

Thank you for the info! I booked over the phone with Disney right when the deal came out and was just given a confirmation number to link to MDE myself. When I called today to confirm the redemption procedure the cast member seemed pretty confused about what I would need to show at the ticket window.

You said you showed a "print out voucher" along with your credit card and the passport. When did you receive the voucher? And what information was included on it? I imagine at this point I'll just have to provide my confirmation number with the passport and credit card, but I want to be sure.

growingupdis - at the time I purchase the tickets online, there was an option to print out a receipt of the ticket purchase as well as a printing out a voucher (which I printed both and brought both to the ticket booth). The cast member at the booth was kind of indifferent when I presented every thing to her - so I'm not sure if it was her first time seeing this or she was just in a mood.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney has figured out a way to see that these were discount tickets to begin with, BUT, I'm not seeing that me_minnie_me_ used her ticket first before upgrading to an AP, so it could still work the way it did before.

That's right, I did not utilize a day of my ticket before I upgraded to an annual pass. I made up my mind before getting down that there would be at least 1 more trip down to WDW - so it made sense to me to go with an upgrade (and all it offers ie photopass downloads and food/merchandise discounts) rather that purchasing more of the Canadian discounted tickets. I remember reading somewhere that since the implementation of seasonal pricing that they got rid of bridging ticket prices - but I could be wrong.

I'm going to post here as there seems to be confusion about showing your passport for the tickets.
I just returned from Disney World. I did purchase my tickets right from the WDW website. The tickets were automatically added to my Disney account. I did have to print out our tickets, that had a bar code on them. They had trouble scanning the tickets for some reason, but when I showed the CM my visa that I had purchased the tickets with, she automatically linked us the hard cards for us to use in the park. We did NOT have to show our passports at the gate to get our hard card ticket. It was upper easy breazy.
I hope this post helps others who are wondering what happens for purchasing or redeeming tickets. :-)

I shipped my tickets to a friend in Florida. He received hard cards. Did you have to go to the ticket booth?

I shipped my tickets to a friend in Florida. He received hard cards. Did you have to go to the ticket booth?
No I did not. We just lined up with everyone else...and we got our hard cards with the email printed barcode. As my first time going there, I was expecting it to be more complicated, it was super easy.

We just came back from WDW and we had our 5 day passes (before the discount) from Airmiles. We decided to upgrade to a 6 day ticket. I've done it before and it's always been about $20 per person. Well the lady asked where we were from during our small talk and I don't know if it was because we told her we were Canadian or if the ticket came up as an Airmile ticket but we got the upgrades for $14 each...25% off :)

If I have an on sight "room only" reservation and I purchase tickets from the Disney Website using the 25% discount, is there anything I have to do besides linking them to my account. I will be proving residency at the hotel when I check in. Do I have to do this again at the park? Our park tickets will already be on our magic bands so are we good to go?

If I have an on sight "room only" reservation and I purchase tickets from the Disney Website using the 25% discount, is there anything I have to do besides linking them to my account. I will be proving residency at the hotel when I check in. Do I have to do this again at the park? Our park tickets will already be on our magic bands so are we good to go?

I'll let you know after Jan 1. I bought one of our tickets through this promo, so I'm hoping it will get taken care of when we check in.

When purchasing these tickets through Disney and staying on-site what delivery method did you use? I have a room only reservation that I don't want them to turn into a package.

I bought our 5 day tickets through Disney's website and paid to have them shipped. Does anyone know if I can have them added to my magic band at the Guest Relations at Disney Springs?

I bought our 5 day tickets through Disney's website and paid to have them shipped. Does anyone know if I can have them added to my magic band at the Guest Relations at Disney Springs?
Are you staying on-site? In which case you will be receiving magic bands when you check in and you just need to make sure the tickets are assigned to each person on your MDE profile and your magic bands will be good to go. If you are staying off-site you can buy magic bands and then have your tickets linked to your bands and yes, that can happen at Disney Springs.

I have just read through this entire thread in hopes of finding someone who has used these tickets to bridge to AP. If I could bridge them to a DVC AP, I would be in heaven!

If I'm not a CAA member, would buying the tickets directly from Disney be the best option?

Are you staying on-site? In which case you will be receiving magic bands when you check in and you just need to make sure the tickets are assigned to each person on your MDE profile and your magic bands will be good to go. If you are staying off-site you can buy magic bands and then have your tickets linked to your bands and yes, that can happen at Disney Springs.

I am staying on site. I got the 'exchange certificates' and linked them to MDE account but I thought I would still have to go to the theme park to finalize the process based on what I heard from Disney back in October when I initially purchased the tickets:

You will be able to make your FastPass+ selections with these tickets, however, you will still need to present your Canadian Passport at a ticket booth upon arrival. These tickets will not associate with your MagicBands until you have picked up the actual tickets. The Guest Relations Cast Member will associate your tickets with your MagicBands when you pick them up. Again, this will not prevent you from making the FastPass+ selections, but until you actually go to get the tickets, you would not be able to enter the theme parks.

I was just wondering if I could do this at Disney Springs or the Ticket and Transportation Center instead of the theme parks

We are going may 9-18 with a split stay planned between POP Century and CBR. Am I required to purchase separate park tickets for each of my resort stays ? In other words, can unused tickets from my first resort stay be used for my stay at CBR ?

We are going may 9-18 with a split stay planned between POP Century and CBR. Am I required to purchase separate park tickets for each of my resort stays ? In other words, can unused tickets from my first resort stay be used for my stay at CBR ?
Tickets are good 14 days from activation no matter where you stay :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter