Canadian Buffoon's Solo Disney Vacation - Update 07/08! pp99 - Here today gone tomorrow

Am I too late to offer a guess for the show? Picture would be one of Nebo's and Smidgy's favorite DSA. I remember standing there with them looking at EE from that vantage point while we all polluted our lungs and intoxicated our minds. Obviously I wasn't that intoxicated. YET.

Am I too late to offer a guess for the show? Picture would be one of Nebo's and Smidgy's favorite DSA. I remember standing there with them looking at EE from that vantage point while we all polluted our lungs and intoxicated our minds. Obviously I wasn't that intoxicated. YET.

Hey Mike!
Never too late to offer a guess, but can't say you'll get bonus points if you're right.
I might... but then again, I did say first come first served.
And that might have dissuaded folks from posting their thoughts.

So how long was it until you were intoxicated?????

Is that really the fine for the Kinder eggs? That's ridiculous!!! Ponzi will just have to make another trip down to Cleveland if I win!

Welp, I'm glad you didn't go with the "guess the park" approach, because I'm already wrong. Still I'm excited to try my hand at the contest!

Bonus points awarded randomly, like Whose Line Is It Anyway? I like it.

I can't imagine wanting snow right now. There's still four feet on the ground here. I want sunshine.

Very relieved to know you got dressed before you went to the park. Though if you hadn't, it would probably be a way to get some free Disney clothes! Or banned for life.

No, I'm with you, I had a really hard time lining up the Mickey to the Mickey the first few times. I got the hang of it a day or two in, but it's tougher than it looks!

"I disobeyed you!" is undoubtedly going to be a catchphrase of my next trip.

Looks like a very productive and fun morning! Excited for the next update!

Is that really the fine for the Kinder eggs? That's ridiculous!!! Ponzi will just have to make another trip down to Cleveland if I win!

Whoa. This contest just got a lot more expensive for me!

Welp, I'm glad you didn't go with the "guess the park" approach, because I'm already wrong. Still I'm excited to try my hand at the contest!

And you're getting in on the ground floor.

Bonus points awarded randomly, like Whose Line Is It Anyway? I like it.

All bonus points are to be awarded in a very strict an impartial manner.
As decided by me.
Unless I change my mind.

Maybe.

I can't imagine wanting snow right now. There's still four feet on the ground here. I want sunshine.

We've actually had a fairly easy winter.
Yes there've been minus a million degree days,
but there's been some (relatively) mild days as well.
And for a change, we've not had too much snow.

I wonder where it all could have gone? :rolleyes1

Still.... I just want it to be over.

Very relieved to know you got dressed before you went to the park. Though if you hadn't, it would probably be a way to get some free Disney clothes! Or banned for life.

I thought about not getting dressed.
But while it would make for a very exciting TR,
it would also be very short.

The TR I mean!!!!! The TR!!!!

No, I'm with you, I had a really hard time lining up the Mickey to the Mickey the first few times. I got the hang of it a day or two in, but it's tougher than it looks!

Okay, so it's not just me.
Every time I didn't get the durned thing to work right the first time,
I felt like a total loser.

More so than usual, I mean.

"I disobeyed you!" is undoubtedly going to be a catchphrase of my next trip.

::yes::

Looks like a very productive and fun morning! Excited for the next update!

It was! And it's not over yet!

I for one am not laughing This new DIS has me scratching my head

Are you sure it's the DIS?

Do you have a dog? Is he/she scratching his/herself more than usual?
Has the nearby school reported any infestations amongst the students?
Been to any less than reputable motels lately?

I'm just trying to help here.

(Do you feel itchy now? I bet you do.... I do.)

Well, i know for sure that Ponzi is shorter than me and I have the pic to prove it. I'm not THAT tall,,,,,just 5'9". DH is shorter than me also. However, my DSS is taller than me.

We could always meet in Chicago at Nebo and Smidgy's house.

When are you getting some ZD's?

Last edited:
Hey Mike!
Never too late to offer a guess, but can't say you'll get bonus points if you're right.

I might... but then again, I did say first come first served

You are correct sir. You did say first come first served. Since I am late to the party, and all shows have already been guessed, I will just wait to see what the answer is.

So how long was it until you were intoxicated?????

Think it took about another 3 drinks, so an hour later.

Last edited:
Well, i know for sure that Ponzi is shorter than me and I have the pic to prove it. I'm not THAT tall,,,,,just 5'9". DH is shorter than me also. However, my DSS is taller than me.

Huh. I always thought I was 5'10", but it wouldn't surprise me if I was actually 5'8".
Maybe I'll go measure myself when I get home.

Or maybe I'll just leave it alone.
Nothing wrong with a little mystery in your life.

We could always meet in Chicago at Nebo and Smidgy's house.

Now there's a good idea.
Although they might frown on that if we do it while they're in Florida.

When are you getting some ZD's?

Ziff Davis?
Or are you referring to my having zero dignity when it comes to certain comestibles?

Think it took about another 3 drinks, so an hour later.

Now I know if we ever go on a date that you're a cheap drunk.
Sweet!

Okay, so it's not just me.
Every time I didn't get the durned thing to work right the first time,
I felt like a total loser.

My granddaughter had difficulty a couple of times as well, but she's 6. Just sayin'.

All bonus points are to be awarded in a very strict an impartial manner.

I want them ALL.
Huh. I always thought I was 5'10", but it wouldn't surprise me if I was actually 5'8".
Maybe I'll go measure myself when I get home.

Or maybe I'll just leave it alone.
Nothing wrong with a little mystery in your life.

That's a tall tale.

Maybe if we pulled your leg...

My granddaughter had difficulty a couple of times as well, but she's 6. Just sayin'.

Yeah?
Well I'm old and crotchety! Just sayin'!

Uh.... that didn't really help my case very much, did it.

I want them ALL.

Now, now. Be nice.
If you want them, you'll have to play dirty, just like everyone else.

That's a tall tale.

:sad2:

Maybe if we pulled your leg...

I'm kinda hard to catch.
Slippery like a kneel.

Now I know if we ever go on a date that you're a cheap drunk.
Sweet!

Did I mention I already had about 6 drinks prior to those last 3? So we're talking at least 9 drinks. 9 drinks at WDW prices, you do the math. So I may not be as cheap a date as you think. :drinking1

Just FYI-----I'm now finally watching Finding Nemo for the first time. Of course I've seen the show at AK and been on the ride at Epcot and seen Turtle Talk so I'm quite familiar with it. Please don't kick me off the DIS!

Yes, you look to be about an inch shorter than me. Maybe you were slouching when the pic was taken?

And of course I'm talking about the little chocolatey goodness you can only get at AKL.

Did I mention I already had about 6 drinks prior to those last 3? So we're talking at least 9 drinks. 9 drinks at WDW prices, you do the math. So I may not be as cheap a date as you think. :drinking1

Oh.
All right, let's see.
Nine drinks multiplied by Disney prices equals.... carry the two..... Over $300!!!

Just FYI-----I'm now finally watching Finding Nemo for the first time. Of course I've seen the show at AK and been on the ride at Epcot and seen Turtle Talk so I'm quite familiar with it. Please don't kick me off the DIS!

Trust me, you don't have anything to worry about.
But if you haven't seen Frozen.... hoooooo boy!

Yes, you look to be about an inch shorter than me. Maybe you were slouching when the pic was taken?

I think I was leaning over.
Either way, I read this post... this very one!... and said to myself
"That's it! How tall am I?????"

So I measured myself.
And now I know.

And of course I'm talking about the little chocolatey goodness you can only get at AKL.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
LALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEEEEEAAAAAARRRRR YOUUUUUUU!!!!

So how tall are you? Your readers want to know.

Of course I've seen Frozen! I'm not crazy man...

Finally catching up!

Okay, a contest - you know I think that’s a great idea! The prize is CANDY FROM CANADA!!!!!!!?????? I am an even bigger fan of that! (I mean, Canadian candy is HIGH on my list of great things, possibly just behind pickle-flavored things from Canada.) I am too slow to catch up, so I don't stand much of a chance, but I WANT TO WIN!

Really enjoying all the sashaying. I always enjoy a good sashay - and when at WDW, it's even better!

Something attracted my attention and a broad smile creased my face.
I immediately thought of my friends Roni and Willow and
I pulled my iPod out of my pocket and took this snap.
If you've been reading Roni's TR, you'll know why.

No dancing Willow! :laughing:
I disobeyed! :rotfl:

Awwwww - I can’t believe you thought of us when you were about to board EE. I love it!!! Willow will REALLY love it - I hope I can remember to show her tomorrow.

LOVE your ride photo!!! :rotfl2: I gotta show that one to Willow too - she’ll be so excited to see what the "funny guy” looks like and even more thrilled that he is being funny!

EE single rider - I think this is one of the top 10 things Willow is excited about for our trip. To be honest, I think it’s one of my top things too! :laughing:

I'd forgotten a lot of this one, but what I did remember was how jerky it was.
Actually, I must've remembered it wrong as it wasn't quite as bad as I feared.

This is interesting. I had the same thing happen in 2013. I had only been on Dinosaur once before when Willow was too little to ride. 2013 was the first time she made the height cut, and I was kind of sad about it as I didn’t like the ride - it was so jerky! But when we rode it, I felt like I had totally exaggerated the jerkiness in my mind. Maybe they did something to fix it? :confused3

Really enjoyed your wandering-around AK photos. That's the kind of thing you can really only do comfortably on a solo trip, I think. Just wander and take things in with no rush. I don't know whether I’m capable of doing it, but I’d like to try one day.

Whoa. This contest just got a lot more expensive for me!

Are you sure it's the DIS?

Do you have a dog? Is he/she scratching his/herself more than usual?
Has the nearby school reported any infestations amongst the students?
Been to any less than reputable motels lately?

I'm just trying to help here.

(Do you feel itchy now? I bet you do.... I do.)

Thanks for that. Now my whole body has the creepy crawlies...

Hold your hand out in front of you.
Higher.
Higher.
No, higher.
Not that high, down a little
Up a bit.

That's it.

I'm glad we got that settled. :yay: (they don't have a little smilie standing against the wall with a tape measure, so this will have to do)

Really enjoying all the sashaying. I always enjoy a good sashay - and when at WDW, it's even better!

It's a lost art practiced by so few these days, and Ponzi does it quite well. If it ever became an Olympic sport, he would anchor the Canadian team, I'm sure.

Do you have Curly Wurlys up there? If the surprise eggs are a no go. What other candy do you have that we don't?

I was hoping for a number in regards to your height.

I am not interested in seeing the new Cinderella. But Tomorrowland looks super interesting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter