Canada's new Prime Minister's stance on Terrorism given the attacks in Paris

Certainly not all Imam's are radical, but there are mosques where the Imam's ARE and those mosques are known for radicalization and need to be shut down. If the Pastor of a church was preaching KKK theology instead of we are all children of Adam and Eve, then yes I would hold him accountable, just as I hold those Imam's accountable.

It is the governments who need to be accountable and keep track of each and every one of these people and as we have seen in France, Belgium and many other countries it isn't happening. The resources $$$$$ are just not being put there. Yes, it's a very real threat but no, the Syrian innocent refugees should not have to pay.

After WW2 can you imagine if our borders were closed to all the families that came here for fear that some were Nazis?

In fact, unless you are a native Indian, you or your ancestors came here for a better life.

Obviously refugees can't be admitted carte blanche. But a balance has to be achieved some how. Hopefully the Western countries will be able to do that. It won't be easy. And nothing, short of closing everyone's borders completely, will be fool proof.

And that wouldn't even be foolproof, because you can pretty much count on some person, somewhere, being motivated by their own self-interest to take the substantial bribe to "look the other way." It has been that way throughout all parts of human history. Why would we have any better success now? Small groups of spies and infiltrators always get through.

I'm of the opinion that as long as the bad guys have bodies and money, they are going to get where they want to be, one way or another. So the only question is how many people will we deny sanctuary to, which will effectively lead to additional deaths there, and increased radicalization by desperate people who feel like they have no other option, because the world has turned their back. We come out no better, the refugees come out way worse, and the bad guys have more bodies and money, and therefore power than before(which is the real goal anyway). In the long term, I don't see how that has made any of us safer, even if we temporarily "feel" safer tomorrow (short-term).

It is the governments who need to be accountable and keep track of each and every one of these people and as we have seen in France, Belgium and many other countries it isn't happening. The resources $$$$$ are just not being put there. Yes, it's a very real threat but no, the Syrian innocent refugees should not have to pay.

After WW2 can you imagine if our borders were closed to all the families that came here for fear that some were Nazis?

In fact, unless you are a native Indian, you or your ancestors came here for a better life.
Um, my quote you used had nothing to do with your reply. :confused3 Did you mean to quite someone else?

To our national shame, Canada had very stringent race-based immigration policies at the time that excluded 10's of 1,000's of Jews, absolutely NONE of whom could be construed to be any threat whatsoever to our people. This situation is different.

And as for the innocent Syrian refugees? Going back to a topic discussed several weeks ago, if their situation is as dire as we believe it to be, why, oh why, are they resisting the conditions put on their eventual rescue? I'm speaking specifically of the European camps designed to hold and screen them for eventual re-location? Wouldn't you rather be there than back in Syria? Trying to agitate against or blatantly disobey the procedures put in place is akin to biting the hand that feeds you and is NOT likely to engender further compassion.

You quoted me and I responded. I'm the one confused.
Generally when you quote someone, what you quote is what your answering. I just don't see the relation to the quote and what you said. If you had commented on what you quoted, I would have understood, but as it is, it seems disconnected, but feel free to quote away :)

To our national shame, Canada had very stringent race-based immigration policies at the time that excluded 10's of 1,000's of Jews, absolutely NONE of whom could be construed to be any threat whatsoever to our people. This situation is different.
I have no problem taking in the people ISIS is persecuting. The Yizidi's, the Christians etc....young Syrian men of fighting age? Why aren't they joining the ranks and fighting ISIS?

Are you Native American? If you aren't you are either a refugee or an ancestor of one.
As far as I know, my ancestors came from England, Scotland and France. Interestingly, they would likely be ineligible for admission to Canada today, due to very small, strict quotas allowed from developed nations.

Isn't a different term used in Canada?
Yes, it's "First Nations" (this term is an advent of the past 30 or so years). I also find it hilarious when black people in Canada are referred to as African Americans, but I digress...

Not all immigrants are refugee's.
REFUGEE
: one that flees; especially : a person who flees to a foreign country or power to escape danger or persecution

My great grandparents emigrated here but were not refugee's.

So why did they emigrate? To escape joblessness? Famine? Something else?

Generally when you quote someone, what you quote is what your answering. I just don't see the relation to the quote and what you said. If you had commented on what you quoted, I would have understood, but as it is, it seems disconnected, but feel free to quote away :)

Sorry you are so disconnected and confused by my answer.

Isn't a different term used in Canada?

Are you splitting hairs? I was referencing a person I assumed to be an American since they replied that they didn't want any refugees coming to America. Native Indians have been referenced by various terms in the Americas over the years by themselves and others.

I have no problem taking in the people ISIS is persecuting. The Yizidi's, the Christians etc....young Syrian men of fighting age? Why aren't they joining the ranks and fighting ISIS?

The problem is they have no weapons and they have no training. To go up against ISIS unarmed is certain suicide.

I'm talking about bringing people over to America right now and for the foreseeable future. It is simply too dangerous of a world we live in right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter