Can you take Vancouver skytrain to the port?

Yes it would have been great to have you on this sailing with us!!

This is the 2020 high school graduation cruise - CANCELLED- that has now turned into the 2024 college graduation cruise!

We are here, saw the port today and are a mere 16 hours away from my PAT so looking forward to our first ever Alaska cruise.
Have a great cruise! We were there last June and it was just amazing!

We did it yesterday. The train station is just across from the airport and a couple of escalator floors up. It was easy to tap a credit card (wife used a different numbered card), and tap out at the waterfront station. They have an accessible turnstile, so it was easy to maneuver our luggage through it. We’re planning on taking the train back to the airport too.

We did that cruise 13 years ago, leaving on Memorial Day.

It hooked several of us into being repeat cruisers to the Last Frontier. A niece will be there in 2 weeks and my sister will cruise with Cunard in June for even more fun ports. It is eternally on my return-to list. Several years, it has been checked off the list, just to go back on it.

It will interesting to hear what your family thinks: Caribbean or Alaskan ports.

Bon Voyage.
Okay so two days in and the boys err young adults - were already saying they want another Alaska cruise and seriously wondering if we should cancel the treasure and go on another Alaska instead.

We will see when we get home what changes if any we make but Alaska is def on the list to do again.

Okay so two days in and the boys err young adults - were already saying they want another Alaska cruise and seriously wondering if we should cancel the treasure and go on another Alaska instead.

We will see when we get home what changes if any we make but Alaska is def on the list to do again.
The joke in our family: I said no one needs to go on a Disney cruise to Alaska two years in a row. So the next year I went on Princess. And Princess again the next year. And two years later.

If I hadn’t gotten sick, maybe there would have been more. We had booked Celebrity for May 2020, but had opted out before we even heard of Covid. We booked NCL for a 10-night this May, but switched it to a 10-night on Cunard for my sister without me (but with a new husband).

My cruising partner niece opted for DCL AK for her honeymoon. And is repeating it next week (she was on my first Princess AK as well as the original DCL AK).

My first cruise in the restart: Alaska. NCL Encore. September 2021.

I have not repeated a ship nor itinerary in my five AK cruises.

I highly recommend a cruise that goes to College Fjord (or just a pre- or post- cruise excursion there in Prince William Sound; so a ship that ports in Seward perhaps. Our visit was on a Northbound Princess itinerary (followed by some land vacation from Anchorage to Fairbanks.)

The above-mentioned Cunard cruise has a full day in Victoria, BC, not just a token nighttime stop for PVSA purposes. We visited the island after a cruise and found both the Harbour front and the Butchart Gardens to be lovely. Great for photography and smelling the roses.

Glacier Bay is a very relaxing cruise day, punctuated by multiple glacier stops.

Sitka remains as the next must-see. Walkable, with history. First US flag raised in Alaska was here after the purchase of Seward’s Folly.

Icy Strait Point was a very good day in 2021, with whale watching and a thrilling adventure on the ZipRider. Unfortunately, the price of the ZipRider has increased enough to make it a questionable option (in just 3 years).

What I’m saying is look for a different itinerary and enjoy even more.

Having done the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in September, a different ship isn’t enough to lure me back to a two-port cruise over a week (we missed CC due to engine problems).

If I am going back to the Caribbean, I would just as soon fly to the VI for a week in a St Thomas timeshare Or hop over to St John for a cabin at Cinnamon Bay (nicely rebuilt after Hurricane Irma).

…So I believe it when you would consider AK again. It’s no joke.

Glad everyone had a good cruise (that probably is any cruise for your gang).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter