can you still get pixie dust if you online check in?

why do some of these chats have to turn so nasty…
I was just asking a question.. which is what these boards are for.
i am never disappointed in my trips to disney..
Honest answer.... when someone comes here and says (to summarize) "I got a free upgrade, wonder if I can get another one" it rubs many folks the wrong way. Many take it as saying "I want to get something but not pay for it". Even when that isn't what a poster comes out and says that is how many people read these posts. They are rarely well received. Much like many don't like it when folks ask for a gift.

Choose the resort and room category you want because pixie dust just does not happen that often, that way you will not be disappointed.

I myself do not have a problem when someone comes on here and asks if they have ever received some pixie dust at check in, nor does it bother me when they ask whether they have a better chance or not by checking in online. Most of the time the person is not expecting an upgrade nor would be disappointed in not getting one but gets flamed big time. Let's be honest here, how many of us would complain about an unsolicited upgrade upon check in. I highly doubt anyone here would say, "I'm sorry I will have to kindly decline on receiving a concierge TPV room since I only paid for a standard room with a standard view, give it to the person behind me instead." I myself received an upgrade to concierge the first time we visited WDW back in 2008 and had no idea... To this date it is the only upgrade I have ever received... I don't expect one, I don't ask for one, and I'm not disappointed to not receive one. I'm content on getting what I paid for... My hunch is most who ask on here are also content and don't ask, they just want to increase their chances... I'm OK with that and will not flame a single person who wants to come on here and ask about some "Pixie Dust."

Now can you imagine if someone were to come on here and not only ask about getting a free room upgrade, but also had the nerve to mention about towel animals as well. :rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

We always do online checkin. We always book the room we want. I have never faxed a request or really even requested a particular room or area. I feel that might set me up for disappointment if I would get my heart set on something. I enjoy being surprised and have never been disappointed. We have occasionally gotten what I would call minor upgrades - say from standard room view to garden in a moderate (where it really doesn't matter). I have never asked for an upgrade (and probably never will). I do enjoy reading about people getting the super awesome Delux upgrades though. I like to live vicariously through others I guess

I myself do not have a problem when someone comes on here and asks if they have ever received some pixie dust at check in, nor does it bother me when they ask whether they have a better chance or not by checking in online. Most of the time the person is not expecting an upgrade nor would be disappointed in not getting one but gets flamed big time. Let's be honest here, how many of us would complain about an unsolicited upgrade upon check in. I highly doubt anyone here would say, "I'm sorry I will have to kindly decline on receiving a concierge TPV room since I only paid for a standard room with a standard view, give it to the person behind me instead." I myself received an upgrade to concierge the first time we visited WDW back in 2008 and had no idea... To this date it is the only upgrade I have ever received... I don't expect one, I don't ask for one, and I'm not disappointed to not receive one. I'm content on getting what I paid for... My hunch is most who ask on here are also content and don't ask, they just want to increase their chances... I'm OK with that and will not flame a single person who wants to come on here and ask about some "Pixie Dust."

Now can you imagine if someone were to come on here and not only ask about getting a free room upgrade, but also had the nerve to mention about towel animals as well. :rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

I do know someone who denied an upgrade. I think they were upgraded to a pirate's room but traveling as a single adult they said find a family who could appreciate the room more than I will.

We've always done online check-in and then used TouringPlans.com to do room requests. We've always had pretty good luck getting what we asked for.

We've always done online check-in and then used TouringPlans.com to do room requests. We've always had pretty good luck getting what we asked for.

This is a little different from the topic though. I think the topic is talking about free/special uprgrades, not really room requests. But Disney does try to honor room requests the best they can.

I do know someone who denied an upgrade. I think they were upgraded to a pirate's room but traveling as a single adult they said find a family who could appreciate the room more than I will.

Yep! That was me! Or at least it happened to me. It was also marathon weekend, so I didn't want to deal with that bed frame!

I really regret even putting this up... But I appreciate all the kind responses I got.
If I never got pixie dust again I wouldn't be one ounce disappointed and would still consider Disney world the happiest place in the world for me and my family.

I really regret even putting this up... But I appreciate all the kind responses I got.
If I never got pixie dust again I wouldn't be one ounce disappointed and would still consider Disney world the happiest place in the world for me and my family.
Some people are just acting ridiculous with the responses they are giving you - just ignore them. I personally like hearing about the nice things Disney does for their guests :) I hope you have an excellent trip and some pixie dust is sprinkled your way :)

Pixie dust is if it even works. I did online a week ago. After long day at Universal we went to the car and had not received text of our room. After waiting in long line at Carribbean we were told we didnt leave a credit card. You cant dononline without one. Funny thing was is they got the room request I checked when doing online check in. The Associate, I know cast memebers but she was not Disney, said they matched 1 request. I did not give credit card, used gift card, and next day went to buy tickets they asked if I wanted to use credit card on file :( What??

I don't think there is anything wrong in hoping for pixie dust. I do not expect anything from WDW other than the hotel room that I book. That doesn't mean I don't dream of walking in to check in to my hotel and Disney upgrading me to GF or CR. I'd love to stay at those resorts but I can't justify the cost so I book another hotel. I'm happy with where I stay but it doesn't mean Pixie dust wouldn't be awesome! That being said, I don't expect Disney to do anything. I think the OP is thinking the same way.
The hope of pixie dust is pretty much why we all love Disney isn't it? It's where dreams can become a reality :-)

Yep! That was me! Or at least it happened to me. It was also marathon weekend, so I didn't want to deal with that bed frame!

Sometimes Pixie Dust isn't all that great. I stayed just one night at AoA last January because I had to change my flight to get out the day before a blizzard. The rest of my travel party did not come in until the next day for our week at AKL.
I had booked the Little Mermaid room but was "upgraded" to a suite in cars land. Since it was just me I sure didn't need the separate bedroom and two full bathrooms and a kitchen table that turned into a bed. That was absolutely the ugliest hotel room I have ever spent the night in. I think I didn't want to hurt the cast member's feelings, but I really do wish I had declined. I was so looking forward to my Little Mermaid room. Sigh!

Sometimes Pixie Dust isn't all that great. I stayed just one night at AoA last January because I had to change my flight to get out the day before a blizzard. The rest of my travel party did not come in until the next day for our week at AKL.
I had booked the Little Mermaid room but was "upgraded" to a suite in cars land. Since it was just me I sure didn't need the separate bedroom and two full bathrooms and a kitchen table that turned into a bed. That was absolutely the ugliest hotel room I have ever spent the night in. I think I didn't want to hurt the cast member's feelings, but I really do wish I had declined. I was so looking forward to my Little Mermaid room. Sigh!

They were really nice about it - as was I. I said "Is there any way I could be 'downgraded' back to my standard room? I don't need the Pirate room as it's just me, and I'd rather let a family with kids who would love it get that upgrade." The cast member spoke with a room assigned and they moved me into a preferred location (which was still an upgrade as I'd booked Standard), and while the CM I was speaking with left to get something, the CM at the terminal next to her said "I'm with you... that wouldn't have been an upgrade to me either." Haha!

The pirate room is a pretty dubious upgrade, for all it costs more. Most remote village, uncomfortable beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter