Can you remove guests from an ADR?

Stinkerbell's Mommy

Mouseketeer
We are heading out next week but our party of six is now a party of four. Does anyone know how to remove guests from a dining reservation? I can't seem to figure it out.

Don't worry about it. You dont want to risk losing the reservation if something goes wrong. If you have 4 you are fine

Thank you! Knowing how tough it is to get reservations I'm afraid to lose the ones I have (they're good ones) but if I can release two seats and let someone else have them I'd like to.

Thank you! Knowing how tough it is to get reservations I'm afraid to lose the ones I have (they're good ones) but if I can release two seats and let someone else have them I'd like to.

I would call because like u said, it could open up seats for other folks that weren't able to get an ADR, especially since ur going from 6 to 4. We need more people like u.

I would call because like u said, it could open up seats for other folks that weren't able to get an ADR, especially since ur going from 6 to 4. We need more people like u.
it might not open up seats as if there is not a 4 top open. they would still be at 6 top and Disney is not going to put 2 people at the table with them so how is it opening up seats?

Because there might be a 4 top open or they can rearrange seating to accommodate 2 more people. It’s only fair and nice to be accurate in your dining reservations. Especially right now where dining is limited already. If it does work out, the server gets more opportunity for a tip etc.

it might not open up seats as if there is not a 4 top open. they would still be at 6 top and Disney is not going to put 2 people at the table with them so how is it opening up seats?

You can absolutely change the number in your party with the app or website. You’ll go “modify” your reservation. You can change the number in your party and keep the time the same. It kind of looks like you are making a new reservation, but if you click “search” your original time will just come back up and you choose it. If at any point you are concerned you can just get out if that page and your original reservation will still be there. Nothing changes until you’ve officially clicked gone through all the pages, so I wouldn’t worry about losing the reservation. It’s very easy and might give another couple an opportunity to dine, so I’m sure the servers would appreciate it!

We are heading out next week but our party of six is now a party of four. Does anyone know how to remove guests from a dining reservation? I can't seem to figure it out.

Because there might be a 4 top open or they can rearrange seating to accommodate 2 more people. It’s only fair and nice to be accurate in your dining reservations. Especially right now where dining is limited already. If it does work out, the server gets more opportunity for a tip etc.

You can absolutely change the number in your party with the app or website. You’ll go “modify” your reservation. You can change the number in your party and keep the time the same. It kind of looks like you are making a new reservation, but if you click “search” your original time will just come back up and you choose it. If at any point you are concerned you can just get out if that page and your original reservation will still be there. Nothing changes until you’ve officially clicked gone through all the pages, so I wouldn’t worry about losing the reservation. It’s very easy and might give another couple an opportunity to dine, so I’m sure the servers would appreciate it!
yes you can modify ressie but it does not always free up for someone else if someone goes from 6 to 4 as a 4 table has to be open at that time. Disney at this time and for most places anytime will not seat a party of 2 with a party of 4 at a 6 spot table which is what I am saying it does not always open up for someone else when changed

Don't bother removing folks. We had two ADRs for Oga's on 12/2, a party of 7 and a party of 4 to account for our total group of 11. But 3 folks were unable to make it so it ended up being a 5/3 split instead. No worries, the just combined us all together into a single party of 8 and sat us at a single booth. Win/Win!

With mobile check in for ADRs, you have to confirm your party make up. Leave them as is and change it when you check in.

You can try, but there isn't always availability at the different party size. In that case, just leave it and let them know at check in.

Every single time I have dropped people from
my reservations it will give you the original time back as an option. I make dining reservations all the time and quite often end up modifying the party size. If you are truly clicking “modify” on a current reservation and all you change is the party size it will always give you your original time. At least on the computer version of MDE. I can’t say I’ve used the app to do this. New reservations and/or trying to change times or restaurants is different. If you are only trying to change the party size this has always worked for me!

You can try, but there isn't always availability at the different party size. In that case, just leave it and let them know at check in.

To be fair, Oga’s is a little different than most table service restaurants as they already have flexible seating and they have a waitlist to fill in any holes. They likely sat waitlist people at the second table planned for your group.

Don't bother removing folks. We had two ADRs for Oga's on 12/2, a party of 7 and a party of 4 to account for our total group of 11. But 3 folks were unable to make it so it ended up being a 5/3 split instead. No worries, the just combined us all together into a single party of 8 and sat us at a single booth. Win/Win!

Every single time I have dropped people from
my reservations it will give you the original time back as an option. I make dining reservations all the time and quite often end up modifying the party size. If you are truly clicking “modify” on a current reservation and all you change is the party size it will always give you your original time. At least on the computer version of MDE. I can’t say I’ve used the app to do this. New reservations and/or trying to change times or restaurants is different. If you are only trying to change the party size this has always worked for me!

It has not always worked out that way for me. I have, on multiple occasions, tried to modify a party size on a reservation and had it not give me any available time slots to change to, let alone the same time slot.

I'm not getting any available time slots when I try to modify the reservation. I'm just going to leave them as is and check in with four instead of the original six. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter