Can YOU go without hoppers?

Haven't used hoppers since 2004 (when the ticket structure changed and it became cheaper to not hop) and I haven't missed them.

We get hoppers each trip we take but only because we prefer to eat at TS meals once per day. Most of the places that we want to eat are at Epcot and we don't want to be tied to just that park for 3-5 days out of our week vacation.

I always like to hop. We typically do one park in the morning, come back to the resort to relax, go to a different park in the evening. I would not want to be restricted.

We always hop, love the flexibility. Great for enjoying AM EMH at one park then going to a less crowded park in the afternoon. Also after a half day at AK we are done and ready to go elsewhere. And as far as taking to long to hop goes for us it is a chance to sit down for a bit after all that walking... Love to hop wouldn't do it any other way. :thumbsup2.

We always hop, love the flexibility. Great for enjoying AM EMH at one park then going to a less crowded park in the afternoon. Also after a half day at AK we are done and ready to go elsewhere. And as far as taking to long to hop goes for us it is a chance to sit down for a bit after all that walking... Love to hop wouldn't do it any other way. :thumbsup2

We always hop, love the flexibility. Great for enjoying AM EMH at one park then going to a less crowded park in the afternoon. Also after a half day at AK we are done and ready to go elsewhere. And as far as taking to long to hop goes for us it is a chance to sit down for a bit after all that walking... Love to hop wouldn't do it any other way. :thumbsup2

We always hop. We go for just under 2 weeks, and like the flexibility of not being tied to one park for the day. It also helps us take advantage of EMH even if we don't want to spend the full day in that park. We typically have our dinners booked, but park choice is a spur of the moment decision. We've been known to just take whatever bus comes first. It's especially nice to have them for the trips spent in deluxe hotels with easy park access to just "hop" into a park for something quick.

That said, our upcoming February trip may be the last one we use hoppers. If the final version of FP+ ends up discouraging park hopping like it does now, it will be much more tempting for us to plan more rigidly (since FP+ forces us to anyways) and go without hoppers. The flexibility the hopper provides could possibly be negated by having to ride everything stand by in the second park. We'll see I guess.

Just got back from 8 park days, and we hopped three times.

#1: Day four, Animal Kingdom. Closed the park out, then hopped to Epcot for a couple of rides and Le Cellier.

#2: Day eight, Animal Kingdom. Closed the park out, then hopped to DHS to pick up the Fantasmic! show that had been rained out on day six.

#3: Day eight, my oldest son started out at Magic Kingdom instead of Animal Kingdom in order to get one last Dole Whip. He then hopped to Animal Kingdom to join us.

The above is very typical for us. We've also been known to hop over to take advantage of a late EMH or the like.

Typically, unless it's a REALLY short stay and we want to see all the parks, we NEVER hop. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times we park hopped. We usually just plan our ADR's according to what park we're at that day. I typically enjoy spending a FULL day at ONE park. For us doing one park each day is more fun and relaxing.

I've only used hoppers for one trip, and while it was nice, it's certainly not something I have to have. We'll be going without them for our next trip.

We always hop! Love to do early and late EMH so we usually hit two parks a day! If MK has late EMH with the park open till 2 am like 2 weeks ago, we hit another park in the morning, then head back to MK around 8 or 9pm when it's cool and quieter! Sometimes we hop just for dinner, I think it depends a lot on how frequently you go to Disney, we like resort time tool, swimming etc., its refreshing! Some parks are 1/2 day parks for us, DHS & AK, so we go elsewhere earlier or later depending again on EMH!

Didn't use them when the kids were really young. Just made the days too long and the kids too crabby. Used them all the time with teens/young adults. They were up for hopping and many of our dinners were in the WS, so we didn't do the WS on our Epcot day, we just did it in several evenings. Now it's just the two of us most of the time and more than one park a day would probably kill us! :)

We always hop. We pick a park for each morning, then back to the resort for swim, nap, cocktail, then dinner and on to our evening park choice. We love the flexibility of hoppers and wouldn't do WDW without it.

no, we could never go without hoppers

hopper-tickets give us the flexibility we need during a Disney vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter