• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you eat at Disney for $40 a day?

Here's an under $40 day at MK.

Actually, it will usually cost us significantly less than $40 per person for daily meals. We frequently share two CS meals between the three of us (2 adults and ds9), and also often share a desert or appetizer at TS's too (as oppossed to each ordering seperately). And we don't do a TS every day of our trip either. But for the sake of this challenge, here is three good meals for one person, including a nice sit down meal with a desert too.

B - Main Street Bakery - $5.09
Breakfast Quiche $3.29
Orange Juice $1.49

L - Liberty Tree Tavern - $24.39
New England Potroast $13.79
Caramel Apple Tart $4.29
Beverage $1.99

D - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Poulet - $9.88
Half Rotisserie Chicken (meal w. potatoes & veggies) $7.29
Beverage $1.99

Could sub one or two 'snacks', if I skipped the desert at LTT. :mickeybar

Total for Day= $39.87

Breakfast - Crystal Palace $17.99 + tip $2.69 + tax $1.16
$21.84 ($18.16 left)

Lunch - El pirata y el perico 2 tacos $4.99 + small bottled water $1.25 = $6.24 + .40 tax = $6.64 ($11.52 left)

Snack - Aloha Isle - Dole Whip $2.79 + .18 tax
$2.97 ($8.55 left)

Dinner - Cosmic Rays - Caesar Salad with chicken - $6.39 + Small water $1.25 = $7.64 + .49 tax = $8.13 (.49 left)

Woo hooo...And it works for my touring plan too :cool1:

Y'all are doing so good. You even got a character meal in there! WOW! :teeth:

OK, here is one I could plan for my trip in October for the F&WF (based on 2004's prices)!

Fountainview Cafe @ Epcot
Bagel w/Cream Cheese $ 2.29
Hot Tea $1.59

$4.13 with tax

:banana: $35.87 left!

Nine Dragons @ Epcot
Sweet & Sour Pork -- Crispy batter fried bite-size pork with fresh bell pepper and chunky pineapple in sweet and sour sauce. $ 11.50
Sweet Tea - $2.00

$15.53 with tax & tip

:banana: $20.35 left!

F&WF @ Epcot
France
Chocolate Creme Brulee $2.00

Peru
Anticuchos with Papas Huancaina-Peruvian - chicken skewer with purple potato salad $3.25
Tabernero Cabernet Sauvignon $3.50

Scandinavia
Cold Poached Salmon and cucumber salad $2.75
Chicken Sha Cha with Peanut Sauce $3.50
Akadama Plum Wine $2.00

Italy
Olive Bread Pizza with Pepperoni $3.00

$20

$.35 left! Barely made it once again and I'm stuffed!

Noah122898 said:
Isn't MYW Dining option $35.00 per day? That would do it..

Well Said!!!!! Well! Get the $35 day plan MYW plus dining and you could definitely spend less than $35 dollars a day but eat...alot more than that in dollar value.

$40 per day is my usual WDW food budget!

Let's see... for a day at the Animal Kingdom, starting with a nice breakfast.

Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe: Tonga Toast 8.99 + Orange Juice 3.99 + .84 tax + 2.07 tip = $15.89
Lunch at Tusker House: Half rotisserie chicken and a Diet Coke 11.99 for the Meal Plus Certificate + .78 tax = $12.77
Snack: A Mickey Premium Bar where I redeem the "snack" portion of the Meal Plus Certificate
Later, a Diet Coke is obtained with the "drink" portion of the certificate.

Since the Animal Kingdom closes earlier in the day, I then park-hop to MGM to catch Fantasmic. Just before entering the Hollywood Hills Theater, I stop to get dinner to go.
Dinner at Rosie's All American Cafe: Cheesburger and fries $5.69 + .37 tax = $6.06
My drink is obtained at the Hollywood Hills counter, where I get a Bud for $4.79 (inc. tax)

Total for the day: $39.51

I've been trying to work out a scenario where the sit-down meal is dinner, but haven't been able to come up with one yet. Well, actually, I could except for one little thing. It's the boozin' part of boozin' and grubbin' that keeps tripping me up. "Hmmm. I can have the mushroom appetizer or the imperial pint of lager, but not both. Nope, can't choose!"

No problem!...couple of Mickey bars, couple of bottled waters and a couple of small bags of Mickey pretzels - and you're right on budget! :rotfl2:

Okay, here's my try...

Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: Main Street Bakery
Croissant, chocolate milk w/tax $4.56

Lunch: Cinderella's Royal Table
Prime Rib, iced tea w/tax and tip $22.28

Dinner: Casey's Corner
Small hot dog(I can't eat the 1/4 pound one way too big), brownie, iced tea w/tax $7.52

Snack: Main Street Ice Cream Parlor
Small cone, bottled water w/tax $5.63

Total $39.99 ooooh that's close!!

Epcot

Breakfast: FountainView Cafe
Muffin,o.j. w/tax $3.49

Lunch: Rose and Crown Dining Room
Cottage pie, lemon posset, ice water w/tax and tip $20.80

Dinner: Cantina de San Angel
Tacos al carbon, churro, ice tea w/tax $11.68

Snack: Kaki gori w/tax $2.40

Total $38.37

Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery
Cinnamon roll, chocolate milk w/tax $4.77

Lunch: Pizzafari
Pepperoni pizza, garlic breadsticks, ice tea w/tax $12.53

Dinner: Tusker House
Rotisserie chicken, ice tea w/tax $10.63

Snack: Dino Bite Snacks
Root beer float w/tax $3.71

Total $31.64 Sorry I had to cheat on this one but I hate Rainforest Cafe :crazy2:

MGM

Breakfast: Starring Rolls Bakery
2 mini pasteries, small o.j. w/tax $5.10

Lunch: 50's Prime Time Cafe
Fried chicken, ice tea w/tax and tip $18.60

Dinner: Toluca Turkey Legs (on my way to Fantasmic!)
Footlong hot dog w/chili, chips, ice tea w/tax $9.49

Snack: KRNR Station
Bubble gum flavor burst, bottled water w/tax $6.81

Total $40.00 even :earboy2: that is strange!

I would do resorts or DTD but there is NO WAY I could stick to $40. If I really ate this much I would have to be rolled from attraction to attraction and no M:S for me :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter