• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you convert TS meals to Snacks or QS?

Roy Disney

Mouseketeer
At WDW now.
We're going to have 4 TS meals left over.
Can they be converted ?

Thank you

They should let you use them 1-for-1 for QS. No one is sure if credits can still be used as snacks.

They said we can get 3 snacks for a QS. I was wondering about TS.

Who is "they" and when did you ask? As of today, ALL QS meals consist only of entree and drink, so there is a question as to how many snack credits they will now allow for one QS credit.

We had TS credits leftover when we were there in December. We were able to swap them for snacks. 1TS=3snacks. Not sure if anything has changed for 2017. Just sharing our experience.

About to leave for Disney (YAY!) so would love to know if this was possible. I called Disney but they said it was up to the restaurant? Is that the case?

I called Disney but they said it was up to the restaurant? Is that the case?
No, that's not true, but it's the type of answer you get when you call.

Even with the changes that go into effect today, you should still be able to redeem a TS credit for a counter service meal. We won't know if you can still redeem a QS credit for three snacks until people try and report back.

Got back last week.
It depends on who you ask.
More than one cast member told me that you cannot get anything for a TS meal, only QS. Which makes no sense.
Another told me you can get 2 snacks for a QS or TS meal.
Other cast members told us that QS and TS meals can be exchanged for 3 snacks.
We went to those cast members to exchange QS and TS meals.

Does anyone know why it isn't just automatically done at whatever the set level should be when your magic band is scanned? I kind of assumed it would be calculated electronically but it sounds like it depends what the cast member enters on the till. Is that right? I suppose I thought it would be like when you scan your groceries at the check out and any deals or discounts are automatic.

Does anyone know why it isn't just automatically done at whatever the set level should be when your magic band is scanned? I kind of assumed it would be calculated electronically but it sounds like it depends what the cast member enters on the till. Is that right? I suppose I thought it would be like when you scan your groceries at the check out and any deals or discounts are automatic.
There's not a set policy that you can exchange a credit for some set number of snacks. The policy is actually that you can use a meal credit to "build your own" meal, so to speak. The idea being, you could get a drink, dessert, and snack to create a your own meal. Since those are each a snack credit, the "trade a credit for three snacks" concept was born. The CM has to know how to ring up the three snacks as a meal, but also must be willing to do so.

Since the change-over to the new QS credit entitlement on January 14th, the trade value should just be 2 snacks per credit instead of three. We've had at least one person confirm that. What days were you able to trade for three snacks?

There's not a set policy that you can exchange a credit for some set number of snacks. The policy is actually that you can use a meal credit to "build your own" meal, so to speak. The idea being, you could get a drink, dessert, and snack to create a your own meal. Since those are each a snack credit, the "trade a credit for three snacks" concept was born. The CM has to know how to ring up the three snacks as a meal, but also must be willing to do so.

Thanks, that makes sense. It also explains why when we were last there back in 2015 and had QS credits left over, at one till we were allowed 3 snacks and at another the CM said it was only 2.

I've converted TS meals to 3 snacks several times with no issues. You have to use up all 3 snacks at once (i.e. it won't keep track of 2 used now and 1 used later against the same TS or QS credit). It's obviously not a good use of a TS credit money wise, but a good option if you are at the end of your trip and have credits left over so you at least come home with some treats and not just leaving credits on the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter