Can you attach more than one room to a Magic Band?

BYC

DIS Veteran
Would one Magic Band be able to be programmed to open more than one room, if we reserved more than one room?

No. that scenario is one that causes many problems with Magic Bands. Use a different name for the second room and get a second set of bands. If you try to use the same profile, then your bands will only open one room. There's no way to know which room it will work on.

Would one Magic Band be able to be programmed to open more than one room, if we reserved more than one room?
No. that scenario is one that causes many problems with Magic Bands. Use a different name for the second room and get a second set of bands. If you try to use the same profile, then your bands will only open one room. There's no way to know which room it will work on.
Like @supersnoop says, one band, one room.

Reactions: BYC
Has anyone actually tried this? We are thinking about traveling to Disney next fall with my parents and would have two separate rooms. I'd like for both groups to have access to either room. Seems like that is something that Disney should be able to do. If not via magic bands then old school room keys.

Reactions: BYC
My understanding is that MB can only access one room at a time (which is why there are sometimes issues with MB and split stays if the first resort doesn't check you out properly). That said, you can always ask for a key card to your room, which will work in addition to the MBs. Just ask the front desk, and they'll give you key cards for the rooms as well. Done it, simple solution.

Steve

Has anyone actually tried this? We are thinking about traveling to Disney next fall with my parents and would have two separate rooms. I'd like for both groups to have access to either room. Seems like that is something that Disney should be able to do. If not via magic bands then old school room keys.
We are checking in on Tuesday, 2 rooms. I'm on the reservation for both rooms because I'm staying in both rooms at one point or another. DH is there through Saturday and we'll be in 1 room. Then he goes home and I'll be in the other room with DD and DGD till Monday. I don't technically need in both rooms at once. Granted, hoping we get connecting rooms but if we don't, we'll figure out the logistics when we arrive. But when I booked, they booked me in both rooms.

We are checking in on Tuesday, 2 rooms. I'm on the reservation for both rooms because I'm staying in both rooms at one point or another. DH is there through Saturday and we'll be in 1 room. Then he goes home and I'll be in the other room with DD and DGD till Monday. I don't technically need in both rooms at once. Granted, hoping we get connecting rooms but if we don't, we'll figure out the logistics when we arrive. But when I booked, they booked me in both rooms.
Thanks. I'm sure this is something Disney deals with fairly often so I imagine they can make it work.

When we went last year, as a family of 5, we booked two adjoining rooms, both in my name. All magic bands opened both doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter