• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you apply Disney code/discount after booking?

AutismMom2006

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if, for example, you had already booked a trip for July way back in January and then saw the "Awaken Summer Savings" promo, could you call up and get the same % off as people who book closer to travel dates? Nothing booked yet for me ~ just wondering about this in general, thanks!!!

I was wondering if, for example, you had already booked a trip for July way back in January and then saw the "Awaken Summer Savings" promo, could you call up and get the same % off as people who book closer to travel dates? Nothing booked yet for me ~ just wondering about this in general, thanks!!!
If there are still rooms available, yes. You have to cancel your current reservation and make a new reservation.

Yes you can. I've heard a lot of people on here say they've tried and Disney told them the promotion was already sold out, but I called about a week after a promotion for my already-booked trip came online and had no problems. I was on the phone for less than 5 minutes and it took almost $1000 off my price. Mine was a percentage off the room price. If it's something like free dining, then I would expect it would sell out much faster.

If there are still rooms available, yes. You have to cancel your current reservation and make a new reservation.

Do you lose any ADR's you have previously made if you do this after your 180 day mark?

Do you lose any ADR's you have previously made if you do this after your 180 day mark?

I did not, I had the discount added about 120 days out. My room reservation wasn't cancelled or anything though, they literally just added the code to my reservation. I think I specifically asked if it would affect my ADRs and they said no. I guess maybe if you had something like a water view room and the discount only applied to standard view rooms so you changed your room then you might want to check with them.

No. Dining is not tied to a resort reservation, as anyone can dine at the Disney restaurants (even those not staying on site). :)

I've always been able to add the discount on MDE without having to cancel my reservation. With free dining last year, it took a good 6 hours for MDE to work, but I added it to my existing package, no problem.

But yes, that is assuming there are rooms available for that promo. Have a pre-existing reservation does not guarantee you a discount rate once it's released.

I've always been able to add the discount on MDE without having to cancel my reservation. With free dining last year, it took a good 6 hours for MDE to work, but I added it to my existing package, no problem.

But yes, that is assuming there are rooms available for that promo. Have a pre-existing reservation does not guarantee you a discount rate once it's released.
That's because you are not "canceling" your current reservation; you are "changing" it. You still end up with the same reservation number and it doesn't affect anything else in MDE like Memory Maker or ADRs. But like you said, the "change" can only be made if there is availability at your resort under the discount.

And to make it more complicated, Disney may have your exact room available, but it's in a block of rooms with more days than you are staying, so it will not show up. IOW, if you're staying 6 nights/7 days and the same room is available for your 6 nights but is in a block set aside for 7 or 8 nights, you would not be able to book it.

I have added a code after the fact on our last 4 trips that I can remember maybe more. And have never had to cancel our reservation and start over. Always have kept the same confirmation number and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter