• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you add a package to room only booked later?

stashf

Mouseketeer
I was thinking I would go ahead and reserve my rooms for my Dec trip, I have been waiting for a discount/deal but as is they are already out of standard view at the WL! So my question is, if they come out with a special again like the free dining can I still get that deal and can I change my room only reservation to a package? At this time I just want to secure our room and then keep watch or would it be better to wait for the (hopefully) next promotion? Also do you think it's too early to purchase tickets for the MVMCP? I have a feeling it will be busier this year due to the 50th, last year the night we went they were still trying to sell tickets the day of. I'm not planning a Fri or Sat party, Sun and Tues 11th and 13th. Thanks

Well, I can tell you what happened to me!! I booked room only for our Oct trip, knowing my parents will get the Fl ressie rate (they're coming it works!) So knowing what the "past" rates were, I kept watch... free dining came... I didnt jump at it, I thought the Fl Res rate would be better for us, we're going during F&W .... well then I did the math!! Egads!! So I wanted to switch to the Package" what a nightmare!! LOL, luckily I got a well trained CM (this is very key!) We now couldnt be under 1 ressie -

BUT, the resort I wanted was booked, but I did wait a month before switching...

AND they have to completely cancel room only - send you back the deposit, then you rebook putting another deposit down (usually before the first deposit comes back) and the packages must be paid in full 45 days prior!

As for MVMCP... I would say buy as soon as you know! There is a thread on the Themes board on this, that will give you better ideas, and you can ask on that thread and someone will respond!!

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter