Can we wait? Park reservations for an flex day.

Psymonds

Mouseketeer
DS14 and I are going to BGT in the middle of our trip and on that day DW has not decided what she wants to do.

She might want to go with DD12 and DS6 for another day at UOR, but she might want to do a pool day or visit a disney park.

My question is:

• If she wants to go to a Disney park, how long can I let her waffle, this will be in July; I don't know how often park reservations fill up in Florida in July and if, for example she wants to go to MK, will that be available the week we go? all parks are available now.

If not over the 4th, should be easy to book very close to her visit.

I would book it and then play the wait and see game.
July4 th is Tuesday so the 2nd is Sunday …
WDW always has fireworks for the fourth and the 3rd for special celebration … “Busy”
New Tron just opening at MK …”Busy”
Plus the return of the Happily Ever After fireworks that has replaced whatever they had for the 50th…Guests love HEA !
Plus the MK Train has just returned …

Whati is BGT ?

Universal will be fun and crowded too.
I don’t think they have a big Fireworks presentation.
Well they have not updated their site yet for the 4th this year .
I will keep checking .
Might go to Universal instead of WDW .

Last edited:
I would book it and then play the wait and see game.
July4 th is Tuesday so the 2nd is Sunday …
WDW always has fireworks for the fourth and the 3rd for special celebration … “Busy”
New Tron just opening at MK …”Busy”
Plus the return of the Happily Ever After fireworks that has replaced whatever they had for the 50th…Guests love HEA !
Plus the MK Train has just returned …

Whati is BGT ?

Universal will be fun and crowded too.
I don’t think they have a big Fireworks presentation.
Well they have not updated their site yet for the 4th this year .
I will keep checking .
Might go to Universal instead of WDW .

we'll be at universal the prior 3 days.

As far as I can tell the only way to book the additional park reservations would be to add another day to those 3 tickets, we already have the park reservations for the rest of our trip (especially the 3rd and 4th).

BGT is Busch Gardens Tampa, DS14 is a coaster enthusiast and they have more roller coasters in that one park than all of Disneyworld.

Adding another day would be $$$ .
I was just looking at this week for the MK .
I guess Tron Opening Day on Tuesday and Easter Sunday will be busy too! Even the IncrediPass AP holders will be blocked out…

Last edited:
Wow That’s great deal.
Where did you purchase ? …From Disney , ?
It seems like it is just normal ticket pricing. When you get up there in days, it doesn't cost all that much to add on additional days. 6 days as an adult for one park per day starting on the 2nd is about $650, for 7 days is is only $667.

It seems like it is just normal ticket pricing. When you get up there in days, it doesn't cost all that much to add on additional days. 6 days as an adult for one park per day starting on the 2nd is about $650, for 7 days is is only $667.
Yeah - additional days drop really low once you get to 6 days. It’s basically Disney’s way of saying “are you sure you’d rather spend $130 going to Universal at the end of your trip, instead of another day at Magic Kingdom or Epcot for $40?”

Last edited:
Yeah - additional days drop really low once you get to 6 days. It’s basically Disney’s way of saying “are you sure you’d rather spend $130 going to Universal at the end of your trip, instead of another day at Magic Kingdom or Epcot for $40?”
heck Universal is throwing in 2 free days if you buy 3. we're coming for the first time in 15 years, so it's nice to get some extra days.

They know if you're coming all the way to WDW you're going to do 4-5 days in the parks. A lot of people need a financial incentive to add days beyond that.

We have been tempted at times to add park days for our "pool day" or arrival day just because the cost is pretty reasonable. Popping in for a few rides and fireworks would be worth $40.

heck Universal is throwing in 2 free days if you buy 3. we're coming for the first time in 15 years, so it's nice to get some extra days.
That means Universal’s research shows that people treat it as a 2-3 day park visit. If few people spend more time there, might as well give away the admission to see if you can get them to spend a couple more days, and at least buy concessions and souvenirs. That offer won’t be repeated once the third gate opens.

WDW is more of a 5-6 day visit, with many staying longer - so additional days are cheap but never free (that I’ve seen anyway).

Universal Hollywood prices their annual pass at 2-3x daily admission. I’m guessing most people treat it as a one and done destination.

We did buy season tickets, and made an extra trip to UH last year. The first visit was three days, so season passes were less expensive than daily tickets. And we wouldn’t have made another trip, except we already had the passes, so their pricing worked on us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter