• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we ride together on these rides with 4 people?

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
We're planning our first trip as a family of 4, and since our youngest will still be a lap sitter on rides I am not sure how some rides that will typically do 2 adults and a small child will work. Our dd's will be 2 1/2 yo and 10 months when we go, will we be able to ride together or have to split on these rides?

MK:
Peter Pan
HM
Winnie the Pooh ride
Little mermaid ride

Epcot:
Nemo

Also, will I be able to take both girls on the spinning type rides (dumbo, magic carpets, triceratop spin, carousel, tea cups) alone? DH can't do the spinning, so he is designed photographer on those rides.

Thanks for any help!

We're planning our first trip as a family of 4, and since our youngest will still be a lap sitter on rides I am not sure how some rides that will typically do 2 adults and a small child will work. Our dd's will be 2 1/2 yo and 10 months when we go, will we be able to ride together or have to split on these rides?

MK:
Peter Pan
HM
Winnie the Pooh ride
Little mermaid ride

Epcot:
Nemo

Also, will I be able to take both girls on the spinning type rides (dumbo, magic carpets, triceratop spin, carousel, tea cups) alone? DH can't do the spinning, so he is designed photographer on those rides.

Thanks for any help!

First for the spinning rides you should be OK.

All the other rides are designed for two persons per seat with maybe 3 if one is a small child.

HM, Little Mermaid and Nemo all use the same ride system and the cars look similar to these. You may be able to fit all 4 and I'm sure someone will post that they have but not sure how comfortable it would be.

ariel-ride-clamshells.jpg

Peter Pan's cars look like this and I think are also a little tight for even 2 adults and a child.

peter_pan_430.jpg

Winnie the Pooh is also seats of two but its two seats per car.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Peter pan you can definitely do 3 and one lap child, we just returned and all rode in one with our 4 month old, 3 year old, and my DW and I.

Nemo I'm not sure on but do feel like we had to split up into two groups.

The ones I remember us all riding together were Peter Pan, and I think Nemo and we were a party of 5, but one was a lap sitter (2YO)- But we preferred to sit on Nemo separate so we could see better.

HM and Nemo I have ridden with 4. The last time DD was 4 and DS had just turned 7. (DS is small for his age.) We went with my mom and all four of us rode together on those rides. (It should also work for Little Mermaid.) On Winnie the Pooh we rode in the same vehicle but two per row.

We just got back from WDW, my kids are 1 and 3 years old. We all rode Peter pan together, the youngest sat on my husband's lap, but for nemo the cast member had us split up and ride 2 per clam shell.

You can definitely do it at Haunted Mansion. When I was a kid my entire family rode together: 2 adults, 2 kids ages 4/6 and 8/9 (two different years).

We usually split up into 2s for these rides. Our backpacks take up too much leg room and my DH is 6'6"

OP I think it boils down to your comfort on the ride vs you wanting everyone together.

We are a family of 3 and on all of those rides all 3 of us have ridden together.

Edited to add: on spaceship earth and toy story mania they split us up. Only 2 to a car. So I rode by myself.

The spinning rides shouldn't be a problem. They make adults sit on the outside, so it will be your 2.5 yr old on the inside. I don't know that I would take a 10 month old on the teacups though...even if you don't spin them, they still go pretty fast.

It really depends on the size of you and your husband. There were many adults that were larger than my DH & I combined so 2 adults plus a kid and a lap baby would not have worked. Our DD is now 7 and slim, but sometimes it was 3 across for us and sometimes dh road by himself behind us. DH is about average height and I am petite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter