Can Imshare my Magiband with my DH somhe can use my FastPasses?

mala55

Mouseketeer
Im just starting my planning. Last time we were at WDW it was the old paper FastPass system. Now I guess I will be reserving our FastPasses in advance. I only ride the tame rides. My DH and DD (8) are thrill riders. In the past, I gave my DH my FastPass to ride some rides like Space Mountain twice. Will I be able to trade my Magiband with him, so he can ride again with my FastPass?

Technically you're not supposed to use anyone's band but your own. However, an awful lot of people do anyway so you're at a real disadvantage if you don't.

But to answer your question, yes you can do that and it will work.

I don't think it's any worse than getting a paper FastPass and giving it to your DH. They might not be transferrable, but between the two of you, you're not getting any extra FastPasses than you'd otherwise be entitled.

It's actually kind of sweet that you're willing to give up a FastPass to make another person happy.

I don't think it's any worse than getting a paper FastPass and giving it to your DH. They might not be transferrable, but between the two of you, you're not getting any extra FastPasses than you'd otherwise be entitled.

It's actually kind of sweet that you're willing to give up a FastPass to make another person happy.

I don't think it's a huge deal either, just acknowledging the technical rules. With all the other things that go on, this one ranks really low on the wrong scale.

Im just starting my planning. Last time we were at WDW it was the old paper FastPass system. Now I guess I will be reserving our FastPasses in advance. I only ride the tame rides. My DH and DD (8) are thrill riders. In the past, I gave my DH my FastPass to ride some rides like Space Mountain twice. Will I be able to trade my Magiband with him, so he can ride again with my FastPass?

This and many other FP FAQs are answered in the green link in my signature.

Thank you all!,,

Mesaboy2...I can't see your link or your signature for that matter. Maybe it's my settings or something, but thank you. I will try to find it via a search. Thx

Yes. I always make a Tower of Terror FP along with my sister and give her both magic bands so she can ride twice while I watch Beauty and the Beast (I'm a real thrill rider...:rotfl:)

Im just starting my lanning. Last time we were at WDW it was the old paper FastPass system. Now I guess I will be reserving our FastPasses in advance. I only ride the tame rides. My DH and DD (8) are thrill riders. In the past, I gave my DH my FastPass to ride some rides like Space Mountain twice. Will I be able to trade my Magiband with him, so he can ride again with my FastPass?

My only concern is that your name pops up on a screen when you scan your magic band.

If you have a very girly name (Susan, Amy, etc...) I wonder if a man would be questioned?

Other than that, I don't see why you can't share your fastpass with someone in your party. It doesn't take anything away from anyone else. And I can see someone changing their mind if they're not sure about a fast ride or something. Or if they're not feeling well, and I would think the cast member would understand that!

My only concern is that your name pops up on a screen when you scan your magic band. If you have a very girly name (Susan, Amy, etc...) I wonder if a man would be questioned? Other than that, I don't see why you can't share your fastpass with someone in your party. It doesn't take anything away from anyone else. And I can see someone changing their mind if they're not sure about a fast ride or something. Or if they're not feeling well, and I would think the cast member would understand that!

When we went, my family of 4 reserved at 60 days but my inlaws were day of FP. Not surprisingly - they could not copy ours, so my DH gave his ETWB FP to his mom. When we did FP check in, the CM asked if her name was DHs very traditional manly name - and I just replied 'it is for this attraction!!'.....even better was that DH went with his moms PINK MB to ride space mountain! :). I think you will be fine.

My only concern is that your name pops up on a screen when you scan your magic band.

If you have a very girly name (Susan, Amy, etc...) I wonder if a man would be questioned?

Other than that, I don't see why you can't share your fastpass with someone in your party. It doesn't take anything away from anyone else. And I can see someone changing their mind if they're not sure about a fast ride or something. Or if they're not feeling well, and I would think the cast member would understand that!

The only time that the names were noticed was at Splash. Most of the time they were just making sure the Mickey head turned green. If it didn't then they looked at screen. At Kali River we forgot to switch bands and the CM said to switch them out and get back in line. They know it's happening and no reason it should be issue if someone in your party wants to ride ToT twice and the other person doesn't like the attraction.:goodvibes

In June, my husband and i were able to trade bands- both were used to enter the park, but we swapped for using a fastpass with no problems. We didn't get extra fastpasses, we just redistributed amongst ourselves. I was traveling with a friend and he was added on to the trip at the last minute, since he was traveling on business. I was able to get mine train fastpasses as soon as they were released, but we couldn't add him so close to the trip. So he got to ride it wearing my magic band, and I went on something else near by while I waited.

I thought as of Sept 1 they were closing the loop hole that if you did not use the band for park admittance that the FP on the band could not be used. Do you know if that is now confirmed? The information in your link states others can use the band but not any mention the band had to be used to get into park.

I think you can still do that, but not sure. I try not to get into the grey areas much in that post.

happymommy said:

At mine train, they didn't question my husband with a band that said Mary.

I think you can still do that, but not sure. I try not to get into the grey areas much in that post.

I used my DD magicband last weekend and got fp for MK with hers. And I got fp+ with mine for DHS. A solo one day trip for me. So she wasn't there and it worked fine

OP - This is exactly my dilemma. Another disboarder showed me how to take advantage of this situation.

This is my FP schedule for one day. C (dad), M(me) and A(daughter) are our first initials, and they're color coded to our Magic Band colors:

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train CA
09:50 AM to 10:45 AM

Pirates of the Caribbean® CM
11:10 AM to 12:05 PM

Splash Mountain® CA
12:45 PM to 01:35 PM

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® MA
01:35 PM to 02:35 PM

So, I pair a FP of mine with one of my husband's for one ride. My daughter takes my MB and rides with him. Then, I pair a FP of mine with one of my daughter's. My husband takes my MB and rides with her.

Magically, they each have 4 FP experiences. Anything I would want to experience (Mickey's Philharmagic :)) doesn't need a FP, so this works for us. Hope it's helpful to you.

FYI - My plan is to print out a small version of this (index card sized) to keep us straight. I think the color coding will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter