Can I use my points on the Last Day of UY?

sarah-jane

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We have a December UY because we usually travel at a completely different time of year. However, just this once we are planning our trip for December 2017. We want to travel November 30 through first week of December. We will have the exact number of 2016 points needed for a one night stay (they expire at the turn of the UY). Can I book a one-night stay on November 30 using those points, and then the rest of the trip from Dec 1 forward using the just-loaded-in Dec 2017 points? It would literally be the very last day that those points would be valid. I realize there is a risk with doing this, as in if anything went wrong those 2016 points would be lost, but barring unforeseen circumstances does it work to use the points on the very last possible day and then the very first days of a contract?

If not, we will try to adjust our dates earlier but kind of wanted to avoid the crush of thanksgiving but experience Christmas decorations.

Thanks so much for any and all advice. I am all ears.

Can I book a one-night stay on November 30 using those points, and then the rest of the trip from Dec 1 forward using the just-loaded-in Dec 2017 points?
Yes. A 1 night stay with a check-in date of 11/30/2017 and check-out date of 12/1/2017 would fall during your Dec 2016 UY. The point usage is based on the check-in date.

Yes. And if you call MS to reserve they should be able to book it all as a single reservation.

Yes. And if you call MS to reserve they should be able to book it all as a single reservation.
Thanks. I am hoping to reserve online at 11 months because I have heard those are busy times for DVC, but as we are looking for a one-bedroom at Kidani we have found availability tends to be not that bad. It might be worth waiting until MS opens up and calling just to make it easier.

Thanks. I am hoping to reserve online at 11 months because I have heard those are busy times for DVC, but as we are looking for a one-bedroom at Kidani we have found availability tends to be not that bad. It might be worth waiting until MS opens up and calling just to make it easier.

If booking a 1BR at Kidani you will be fine waiting the hour. Yes, that's a popular time but only the very smallest and/or small and low point requirement categories have the chance to book up that fast. That would be the Jambo Concierge and Value rooms, VGF studios, BWV standard and boardwalk view studios and BLT standard rooms.

The on-line reservation system will not allow you to make a reservation with check-in & check-out dates that span UYs. You would have to make the one-night reservation and then the following day make a new reservation for the remaining nights that are in the next UY. You will end up with 2 separate reservations which you would then need to get MS to link together so you won't have to change rooms.

As already noted, MS can do this on one call and as a single reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter