Can I still use my hopper pass from 2002?

aushu1

Earning My Ears
I have a set of hopper passes from 2002. I was told they never expire. I was told passes now are 'credit cards' and fingerprint.

My passes are cardboard 'credit cards' with a magnetic stripe on the back. Does anyone know if Disney will still honour these?

I have five passes each with 2 days left. Or if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

As long as they were purchased before they started making you pay for no expiration you are good.....we went in 2007 and I had a ticket from when it was just Magic Kingdom and Epcot......from about 85ish.....and it worked....no problems...

Good luck

If your tickets have magnetic striping, and there are days remaining, yes you can still use them.

If they don't have the magnetic strip, you can take them to Guest Services at any park and they will issue replacement tickets for each ticket you have.

Tickets first used more than fourteen days ago cannot be applied to any upgrade.

See the Theme Parks Advice and Strategies forum for a 'sticky' thread titled Everything You Wanted to Know About Tickets. It was written by a CM and is very detailed.

I have a set of hopper passes from 2002. I was told they never expire. I was told passes now are 'credit cards' and fingerprint.

My passes are cardboard 'credit cards' with a magnetic stripe on the back. Does anyone know if Disney will still honour these?

I have five passes each with 2 days left. Or if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Today's MYW passes are also made of the same Tyvek material that your old Park Hopper passes are made of They are not cardboard. Even annual passes are made of this material. Guests staying at a Disney resort can have their passes coded on their room keys which are about the same size and material as a credit card.

In 2002, Disney was using a biometric scan to identify ticket holders in order to prevent used tickets from being resold. They now use a fingerscan for identification purposes. Disney does not use fingerprints for ID.

Disney switched the ticket structure in 2005 to their Magic Your Way tickets. Tickets which were purchased prior to 2005 can still be used at the parks but they cannot be upgraded, even if they are unused. Since Park Hoppers and Park Hopper Plus tickets were sold as non-expiring tickets, your passes will be good at any time.

If you will be spending more than 2 days at WDW, you may want to save your Park Hoppers for another visit when you will have less time in Disney. The new MYW pass price structure front-loads the cost onto the first few days of the passes. So, if you're planning a 4-day visit, it would make more sense to purchase a 4-day MYW hopper for $295 per adult rather than using your Park Hoppers and then purchasing a 2-day MYW hopper for $222.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
16. 2009 Free On Your Birthday Promotion
17. Information on Disney's Armed Forces Salute 2009
18. Prices Effective August 2, 2009

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter