Can I play too?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably have a Bridal Shower, my mom and sister love planning those. But I do want to have a fun Bachelorette party, I want to fly all my girls to Vegas for the weekend and my DBF wants to do the same, hehe
As for my Bridal Party...hmm... I'm probably going to have my sister and my best friend. Also, my other best friend wants to be my older flower girl, so that she shall be! :rotfl:

Part of me really doesn't want a bridal party. If I do have one, my little sister will probably be my MOH. My best friend is a guy, so he could be the man of honor :laughing: and my two other female friends will just be BMs. One of those female friends (she had a DFTW too) is having a baby in May and that kid is my future ring bearer or flower girl :goodvibes

Are you guys really into traditions or are you into more non-traditional weddings?

I'm pretty traditional, though I like a touch of non-traditional things.

For example, at the moment I'm debating wether I'd like to have a normal Disney Cake with the Castle or Cinderella topper or a Nightmare Before Christmas cake because my DBF and I started dating in October and want to have our wedding during that month. The cake is a big deal to me, lol

I don't think there is a whole lot of traditional stuff I would do...if it were left up to me :rotfl: First dance, cake cutting...maybe not seeing each other before the ceremony. But that's probably it. My dream really is just a very small intimate cermony with my brother as the officiant. I want it to be very simple and very personal to us:lovestruc

What about wedding cakes? What are you're ideas?

The cake is probably my favorite part of wedding planning, hehe

Not sure I even really care...my first wedding cake was a cheesecake!! YUM!!

I think something simple and elegant. I love those rhinestone monograms on the tops of cakes.

I have a list of DNW (do not wants) at my future wedding. No...tiaras, up-dos, veils (except for birdcage ones), tuxedos, smashing cake in each others faces, garter/bouquet toss, chicken dance, cha-cha slide...I'm sure there is more, I'm really picky :lmao:

As for cake...I love cake! And so does DBF. I really like simple, square cakes...while he would love a giant Legend of Zelda or Mario and Peach cake (bless his heart, he's a nerd!). I love the crystal monogram toppers too, Mandy. I have such a sweet tooth that I would want a whole dessert buffet...cake, pie, cupcakes, brownies, that chocolate mousse from the bakery in France...you name it (I need a drooling smilie right here!)

Remember me mentioning that I was in a DFTW two years ago? Well the cake at that wedding was the best freaking cake ever. I totally pigged out and had 3 slices :eek: (to be honest I probably would have went back for more had I not already stuffed myself on potatoes and the tomato/mozzarella salad :laughing:)

DBF and I discussed how important food is at our future weddings and with everything we both want there, we're going to have to roll our guests back to the hotel. At least it'll save on buses :rotfl:

What about you guys, is food really important to you? Sit down or buffet? Any ideas of what you'd like to eat?

I have a list of DNW (do not wants) at my future wedding. No...tiaras, up-dos, veils (except for birdcage ones), tuxedos, smashing cake in each others faces, garter/bouquet toss, chicken dance, cha-cha slide...I'm sure there is more, I'm really picky :lmao:

As for cake...I love cake! And so does DBF. I really like simple, square cakes...while he would love a giant Legend of Zelda or Mario and Peach cake (bless his heart, he's a nerd!). I love the crystal monogram toppers too, Mandy. I have such a sweet tooth that I would want a whole dessert buffet...cake, pie, cupcakes, brownies, that chocolate mousse from the bakery in France...you name it (I need a drooling smilie right here!)

Remember me mentioning that I was in a DFTW two years ago? Well the cake at that wedding was the best freaking cake ever. I totally pigged out and had 3 slices :eek: (to be honest I probably would have went back for more had I not already stuffed myself on potatoes and the tomato/mozzarella salad :laughing:)

DBF and I discussed how important food is at our future weddings and with everything we both want there, we're going to have to roll our guests back to the hotel. At least it'll save on buses :rotfl:

What about you guys, is food really important to you? Sit down or buffet? Any ideas of what you'd like to eat?

Lol I LOVE the cha cha slide!!! At my first wedding (sorry I keep going back to that) we didn't allow any traditional music. Instead while we were having pics taken we had a swing dance instructor come in and teach our guests for an hour or so...then we played big band music all night :cool1:

I think the food is super important too and I definitely like the idea of a sit down better.

Lol I LOVE the cha cha slide!!! At my first wedding (sorry I keep going back to that) we didn't allow any traditional music. Instead while we were having pics taken we had a swing dance instructor come in and teach our guests for an hour or so...then we played big band music all night :cool1:

I think the food is super important too and I definitely like the idea of a sit down better.

That is an awesome idea to have a swing dance instructor at the reception. I bet your guests loved it.

I get really embarrassed dancing, which is weird for someone who danced ballet for 15 years. DBF doesn't dance either, he has two left feet, and we've both decided that dances like the cha cha slide, macarena, ymca, chicken dance, etc., etc. are just not right for us. Unless we have an open bar, I'll think we'll pass on those :laughing: Music is going to be...interesting with us. We both have some really out there taste in music (I'm really into heavy/death metal, he likes punk) that probably wouldn't fit in at Disney or at a wedding, nor with some of our guests. Hey maybe with that open bar we could start a mosh pit....:idea:

I'd like to have a sit down dinner, but I love the variety of a buffet, especially since I'm the only vegetarian while everyone we know all pretty much each meat (I have toyed with the idea of forcing them to eat my "rabbit food" as they so affectionately call it) There are also diet restrictions and allergies that we have to take into consideration. We would probably end up with ten different choices in the end :confused3

That is an awesome idea to have a swing dance instructor at the reception. I bet your guests loved it.

I get really embarrassed dancing, which is weird for someone who danced ballet for 15 years. DBF doesn't dance either, he has two left feet, and we've both decided that dances like the cha cha slide, macarena, ymca, chicken dance, etc., etc. are just not right for us. Unless we have an open bar, I'll think we'll pass on those :laughing: Music is going to be...interesting with us. We both have some really out there taste in music (I'm really into heavy/death metal, he likes punk) that probably wouldn't fit in at Disney or at a wedding, nor with some of our guests. Hey maybe with that open bar we could start a mosh pit....:idea:

I'd like to have a sit down dinner, but I love the variety of a buffet, especially since I'm the only vegetarian while everyone we know all pretty much each meat (I have toyed with the idea of forcing them to eat my "rabbit food" as they so affectionately call it) There are also diet restrictions and allergies that we have to take into consideration. We would probably end up with ten different choices in the end :confused3

Lol I hear you about those kind of dances...they always seemed kinda tacky to me. But I guess it's more about your guests being able to dance...especially if you and dbf don't. And with all your dietary needs, a buffet is probably better anyway.

Since you have such eccletic taste in music, do you and dbf have a song?? Curious to know what it is:goodvibes

Lol I hear you about those kind of dances...they always seemed kinda tacky to me. But I guess it's more about your guests being able to dance...especially if you and dbf don't. And with all your dietary needs, a buffet is probably better anyway.

Since you have such eccletic taste in music, do you and dbf have a song?? Curious to know what it is:goodvibes

I don't know about his side and their dancing abilities, but I saw my side all rock out to "Wiggle It" back in the early 90's at my aunt and uncle's wedding...it was interesting to say the least :eek: Even at 4, I knew some of those dance moves were just bad news. Maybe we could play that song to bring back some of memories of the good ole' days? :rotfl:

I don't think we have an "official" song, but there are tons of songs that we call "ours" (does that even make any sense?!) The more slow dance/wedding appropriate song would be "Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine. It is kind of an acoustic/mellow song with really pretty lyrics. If you have never heard it, you could probably find it on youtube. It reminds me of DBF every time I hear it :love: It was in the movie Garden State, so you might have already heard it. Our other song is "I Want To Know Your Plans" by Say Anything, another beautiful song. It is going to be hard to pick between the two...can you have two first dances? :laughing:

Do you and your DBF have a song?

I don't know about his side and their dancing abilities, but I saw my side all rock out to "Wiggle It" back in the early 90's at my aunt and uncle's wedding...it was interesting to say the least :eek: Even at 4, I knew some of those dance moves were just bad news. Maybe we could play that song to bring back some of memories of the good ole' days? :rotfl:

I don't think we have an "official" song, but there are tons of songs that we call "ours" (does that even make any sense?!) The more slow dance/wedding appropriate song would be "Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine. It is kind of an acoustic/mellow song with really pretty lyrics. If you have never heard it, you could probably find it on youtube. It reminds me of DBF every time I hear it :love: It was in the movie Garden State, so you might have already heard it. Our other song is "I Want To Know Your Plans" by Say Anything.

Do you and your DBF have a song?

I will definitely be looking up those songs when I get home!!

We don't really have a song..but there are songs that make me think of us. One is Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk (it's from How to Lose a Guy in 10 days) and the other is When You Know (from the movie Serendipity).

I have been looking around at local sites, in case dbf says no to a DFTW someday and found this GOREGOUS little chapel. These parents built it for their son as his dying wish. From their website: "The chapel is meant to be a celebration of family and speaks to the importance of the family in building values,"

arches.jpg

Garrett_chapel_full.jpg

View of the lake from the Chapel
Garrett_View.jpg

It's not Disney, but it's not a bad runner up!!

Wow, a lot of drama has gone on while I was away! LOL...stupid work, taking me away from the DIS! I know it's probably inappropriate now since everything has died down but I felt I might as well write this to get it off my chest: like a lot of girls here, my DBF actually talks about getting married more than I do (weird, right?!)! When we were last at Disney, we were going taking the monorail to the TTC (or at least I think so...I have the worst memory ever!) and as we were passing by the WP, he turns to me and goes "There's honestly no other place in the world I would consider getting married to you than right there" and he points to the WP. I was like :lovestruc lol. In fact, he's the whole reason I found the DIS forum on Weddings! The only reason we're not actively planning our wedding (i.e. calling DFTW and such) is because we both are still in school and our parents would really like to see us graduate from college before we get married (and in this economy, you can't really blame them, KWIM?) I was kinda, sorta offended at the insinuation that we're all just desperate dreamers here but, in an effort to not fan the flames anymore, I'll shut up about it :upsidedow haha.

Anywho, I see you ladies are talking about food! I love food! :rotfl: DBF is very, very picky when it comes to eating (we literally have to look through the menus of every new restaurant we try; if there's too many veggies or foreign foods he can't pronounce, we're not going there!) and I can totally see ordering his wedding dinner from the kid's menu :upsidedow . I'm very traditional and I really want an evening sit-down meal. DBF is on the fence; he likes the freedom of a buffet but he also likes the formality of waiters bringing plates of food to everyone. We still have like 3 years or something (we want a Dec. 2011 wedding; his birthday is in Dec. and that would be the only way he wouldn't forget our anniversary....and his birthday falls on a Saturday in 2011 so it makes it even better!) so plenty of time to decide!

And there's also the subject of cakes! I love cake! :rotfl: There's only one cake DBF likes from the Disney powerpoint (yeah...we're nerds and have already gone through all of the cakes!) and that's the Roses and Drapes cake. I would totally post a pic of it but I'm at work right now (naughty naughty) and I don't have access to pics....poo! But yeah...it's a little more....*simple* than I thought he would like but, oh well! It's still pretty!

Sorry so long...and sorry so many parentheses! I really suck at expressing coherent thoughts online! :rotfl:

Wow, a lot of drama has gone on while I was away! LOL...stupid work, taking me away from the DIS! I know it's probably inappropriate now since everything has died down but I felt I might as well write this to get it off my chest: like a lot of girls here, my DBF actually talks about getting married more than I do (weird, right?!)! When we were last at Disney, we were going taking the monorail to the TTC (or at least I think so...I have the worst memory ever!) and as we were passing by the WP, he turns to me and goes "There's honestly no other place in the world I would consider getting married to you than right there" and he points to the WP. I was like :lovestruc lol. In fact, he's the whole reason I found the DIS forum on Weddings! The only reason we're not actively planning our wedding (i.e. calling DFTW and such) is because we both are still in school and our parents would really like to see us graduate from college before we get married (and in this economy, you can't really blame them, KWIM?) I was kinda, sorta offended at the insinuation that we're all just desperate dreamers here but, in an effort to not fan the flames anymore, I'll shut up about it :upsidedow haha.

Anywho, I see you ladies are talking about food! I love food! :rotfl: DBF is very, very picky when it comes to eating (we literally have to look through the menus of every new restaurant we try; if there's too many veggies or foreign foods he can't pronounce, we're not going there!) and I can totally see ordering his wedding dinner from the kid's menu :upsidedow . I'm very traditional and I really want an evening sit-down meal. DBF is on the fence; he likes the freedom of a buffet but he also likes the formality of waiters bringing plates of food to everyone. We still have like 3 years or something (we want a Dec. 2011 wedding; his birthday is in Dec. and that would be the only way he wouldn't forget our anniversary....and his birthday falls on a Saturday in 2011 so it makes it even better!) so plenty of time to decide!

And there's also the subject of cakes! I love cake! :rotfl: There's only one cake DBF likes from the Disney powerpoint (yeah...we're nerds and have already gone through all of the cakes!) and that's the Roses and Drapes cake. I would totally post a pic of it but I'm at work right now (naughty naughty) and I don't have access to pics....poo! But yeah...it's a little more....*simple* than I thought he would like but, oh well! It's still pretty!

Sorry so long...and sorry so many parentheses! I really suck at expressing coherent thoughts online! :rotfl:

I think my dbf is a lot like yours...very simple, meat and potatoes kinda guy. He's never even had mexican food before!!

Is this the cake??
RosesAndDrapes.jpg

I like this one
HappilyEverAfter-Silver.jpg

Except that's the cake topper from my first wedding :rotfl: Would have to change that!

my goodness, that's BEAUTIFUL Chapel Mandy!

And as for cakes, I love the mad-hatter cake. But something tells me I'll end up with something more formal when the time comes.

Oh geez, I shouldn't have said anything! :rotfl:

I don't really see how this thread is cliquey at all. We're all just talking about eventual wedding plans; I for one feel a little silly about creating a PJ when my wedding is so far off (not that I'm bashing girls that do; I just know I wouldn't keep up with it if I start it so far off!) and this is a nice thread to talk about future plans. I know I can't speak for everyone here but I do know that I would welcome any current or past bride's opinions or comments on any of the things we're discussing!

Again, I'm really not trying to fan the flames....just wanted to say my piece :).

ETA: I hope none of this sounds snarky! I just feel really bad that I'm starting the discussion on whether this thread is OT again!

I think my dbf is a lot like yours...very simple, meat and potatoes kinda guy. He's never even had mexican food before!!

Is this the cake??
RosesAndDrapes.jpg

I like this one
HappilyEverAfter-Silver.jpg

Except that's the cake topper from my first wedding :rotfl: Would have to change that!

Oh darn, I can't see the pictures! Stupid work! :sad2: And yeah, my DBF is definitely a meat-and-potatoes (and chicken tenders!) kind of guy! He would literally be OK with a kid's meal at ANY wedding...he just hates typical wedding food!

Hmm...food, I guess I would have a buffet so everyone can have what they like. My DBF and I are meat people, so we like some good sirloin, tereyaki steak, maybe churrasco and some good rice. We're not chicken people. XD

Well, I don't see it as a clique. I venture to other threads in the wedding forum all the time and post ocassionally, other times I just enjoy looking at the pictures. It's just that I feel more comfortable posting here with others like myself because I don't want to interrupt in the threads for all the girls who are actually planning weddings for very soon.

Oh we definitely appreciate your views and opinions. Thats what makes a great discussion. I'm just not going to stop because the moderators think this topic is okay. I think everyone here has a lot to offer to people planning a wedding. But cant we do that outside of this thread?

I know you dont see it as cliquey because you are part of it. You need to look outside of the box and see it form others perspectives. Its a ritual with you girls. A handfull of you come here and post everyday. That is a clique. Last time I checked, that was not allowed here. But I definitely like what you girls offer, and I like the help that you give out. I'd just like to see it in a no cliquey way. i.e. not in one thread that is like a daily discussion.

We already had a webmaster/mod come in here and say this thread is ok. See:

Everyone, please take a deep breath.

About the "off-topic" comments: This forum is for the discussion of and planning of Disney weddings. This thread is discussing and dreaming about Disney weddings, and that is ABSOLUTELY on-topic and welcome here!

This is a place for past, future and potential Disney brides and others interested in Disney weddings to discuss, plan or reminisce about those events.

Please, please don't start the clique topic again. We welcome everyone in here. Planning a wedding or not planning a wedding, single or already married, anybody and everybody is welcome :grouphug: Yes, we do visit this thread daily, but this is like a PJ for us girls who aren't quite there yet. We're just sharing ideas with each other just like we would in a PJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter