Can I park at monorail resorts?

inspectorgadget

Mouseketeer
We're staying at All Stars in September. On one of our off-days, I want to take the kids on the monorail and ferry (their first visit to WDW), and they're really looking forward to it. However, I don't want to have to deal with the parking lot at TTC, if at all possible. I will have my own car and would prefer to drive versus taking the bus that day. Are we allowed to park at any of the monorail resorts if we're not staying there? We would also like to be able to grab a snack/meal at one of the monorail resorts (quick service). Thank you.

We're staying at All Stars in September. On one of our off-days, I want to take the kids on the monorail and ferry (their first visit to WDW), and they're really looking forward to it. However, I don't want to have to deal with the parking lot at TTC, if at all possible. I will have my own car and would prefer to drive versus taking the bus that day. Are we allowed to park at any of the monorail resorts if we're not staying there? We would also like to be able to grab a snack/meal at one of the monorail resorts (quick service). Thank you.

You can park for 3 hours.

If I run over 3 hours, what happens? Do they give a parking pass with a time stamp on it or is it on the honor system? And is 3 hours enough time to eat and ride around monorail/ferry? I'm not going to park there all day, I just want to make sure I have enough time without rushing and continually glancing at my watch. Thanks for your help!

Check other threads because most monorail resorts will not let you park at the resort unless you gave an actual reservation to dine. With all the construction at certain resorts they've really clamped down on their parking lots. I would just take a bus the the MK & hop on the monorail from there. That's what we always do. The other alternative is to pay to park valet at a resort and that's only if they will let you. We were turned away at the Contemporary last spring.

Bus to MK, walk to the Ferry, Ferry back to TTC, get on the resort monorail line and tour the resorts. No TTC parking needed, no resort parking needed.

If I run over 3 hours, what happens? Do they give a parking pass with a time stamp on it or is it on the honor system? And is 3 hours enough time to eat and ride around monorail/ferry? I'm not going to park there all day, I just want to make sure I have enough time without rushing and continually glancing at my watch. Thanks for your help!

They often issue a 3 hour pass. If you go over 3 hours, they can tow your car.

If you want to pay to valet park you can stay as long as you want.

If I were you, I would just take the bus. If you really want to drive, It would be easier to just park at the TTC.

Yikes! Well, I certainly don't want my car towed (that is, if they even let me park there in the first place). We'll probably just take the bus then, as suggested. Thanks guys, you rock.

Why not just park at the TTC? You're an onsite guest, you don't pay to park. Then, you can monorail and ferry to your hearts content, with no worries about your car. I would think that dealing with the parking lot at the TTC is better than dealing with buses, but that's just me.

Code:
Why not just park at the TTC? You're an onsite guest, you don't pay to park.

Oh yeah! I forgot I don't have to pay to park at TTC since I'm a resort guest. Duh.... I've never stayed on site before and have always had to pay to park in the parking lots.

Code:
Why not just park at the TTC? You're an onsite guest, you don't pay to park.

Oh yeah! I forgot I don't have to pay to park at TTC since I'm a resort guest. Duh.... I've never stayed on site before and have always had to pay to park in the parking lots.

And there you go!!!! Glad you have a solution...and a good one at that.

If you want the whole monorail experience, park at Epcot and take the monorail to TTC, then transfer to the resort monorail or take the ferry. The Epcot line is a neat ride too.

If you want the whole monorail experience, park at Epcot and take the monorail to TTC, then transfer to the resort monorail or take the ferry. The Epcot line is a neat ride too.

It has been a long time since I rode the Epcot monorail. Doesn't it go around future world? Or am I imagining that?

If someone is not a resort guest, do you know what the rate is to park at either the TTC or at EPCOT? I'd also like to take the kids on the monorail and stop at the Poly to visit the new Captain Cook's for lunch and a Dole Whip.

If someone is not a resort guest, do you know what the rate is to park at either the TTC or at EPCOT? I'd also like to take the kids on the monorail and stop at the Poly to visit the new Captain Cook's for lunch and a Dole Whip.

Unfortunately, Dole Whips are no longer available at Captain Cook's. A new location for Dole Whips is under construction.

joelkfla said:
Unfortunately, Dole Whips are no longer available at Captain Cook's. A new location for Dole Whips is under construction.

The pineapple lanai opens the end of august. We won't be in Florida until November, so we're good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter