Can I "Import" food from one place to another?

Texian@WDW

DIS Veteran
I've been thinking about the QS at HS in December (and other parks). Most are outdoors and cold in the winter (been in January and froze at Fairfax Fare seating area). Could I grab something at say Min and Bill's and take it over to ABC Commissary perhaps so that I can eat in a warm environment? Are there rules for bringing in food from other places? TIA

Oh my! of course, that's totally true, did not think about that! Maybe they'll have some good heaters set up outside. Thanks!

besides taking seats, most times there are no to go containers, so you are carrying a tray with open plates plus where ever you they will not be able to warm up the food as it will cool while walking and if it is that cold outside how warm do you think you food will be. I would hope for the heaters or have an inside place planned as a backup plan

Oh my! of course, that's totally true, did not think about that! Maybe they'll have some good heaters set up outside. Thanks!
I don't think any of the parks have heated outdoor seating as Florida hardly ever gets that cold. Also the indoor seating may actually be colder than outdoor as the air-conditioning is usually on.
If it isn't busy I don't think anyone would care if you took other Disney food inside (so no sandwiches from home) unless it is very busy (like Christmas).
Min & Bills is a to-go type place so they don't give trays as far as I remember. But Fairfax Fare would give you items on plastic trays.

I have seen heaters many times at Walt Disney World. We usually end up there when a record low hits. I have seen them at CBR outside the custom house, at Mickey's BBQ, and lots of them at AK. Those are just the places I remember seeing them, I am sure they had them elsewhere.

It can get "cover up the plants" cold at WDW!:)

064.jpg

I have seen heaters many times at Walt Disney World. We usually end up there when a record low hits. I have seen them at CBR outside the custom house, at Mickey's BBQ, and lots of them at AK. Those are just the places I remember seeing them, I am sure they had them elsewhere.

OK,

I've been (10 years ago mind) in December and didn't remember seeing anything and I was too hot in Florida December anyway. Its still just as good, if not better than British Summer!

I assume then the heaters were portable as I've never noticed anything fixed at outdoor QS?

I don't think bringing other food into a different restaurant is a concern, since it's all WDW food. As mentioned, the concern would just be that you'd be taking a seat away from patrons of that restaurant if it's busy. If it's not busy or you're eating at an off time, I don't see the problem with it.

I think it's okay if someone else in your party is actually ordering something and eating at that restaurant-- my family does this occasionally. If it were just someone bringing in stuff and not ordering anything there, it's a little iffy because that would be a "wasted" table.

I would not think it would be an issue we have done similar just not at the high crowd times.
We will also get food at multiple locations and meet up. I got pinnochio village hause and my son got the pork shank at Gaston's and my daughter wanted CHH. Pinnochio's gave me an extra tray to place over mine to keep it clean and warm while walking to meet the kids at CHH I was just looking for an extra dish.

It should not be a problem to bring food from one restaurant to the other.

It's all Disney food~it's not like you're bringing in the competition's food.

Indeed, we were at HS this August and it was very hot so we ate at Resturantaurus simply because it was air-conditioned. While eating we saw many families come in with food from elsewhere and sit and eat where it was comfortable and none of the staff batted an eye. Some families had food from a couple different places and all sat in the restuarant.

You've paid a lot of money for that park ticket and food you should be as comfortable as possible!

Indeed, we were at HS this August and it was very hot so we ate at Resturantaurus simply because it was air-conditioned. While eating we saw many families come in with food from elsewhere and sit and eat where it was comfortable and none of the staff batted an eye. Some families had food from a couple different places and all sat in the restuarant.

You've paid a lot of money for that park ticket and food you should be as comfortable as possible!

Not all of the restaurants are run by Disney. I wouldn't take in food from one restaurant to another without ordering something from the place I was sitting down at.

Not all of the restaurants are run by Disney. I wouldn't take in food from one restaurant to another without ordering something from the place I was sitting down at.

Epcot and Disney Springs are the only places with third party counter service.
Oh and Yak & Yeti at AK but that only has outdoor seating anyway.

I was down there last week and noticed a few signs (I wish I took a picture) that basically said you can't go to a table, all your party must go through the ordering line together and then go sit with your food. I wonder if the CMs working these doors would also stop folks from coming in with other food given that they are having table availability issues.

I think I would be prepared to eat at very off hours and be flexible that it might or might not work out.

- It's not all Disney food so it depends on where you are talking about.
- Restaurantasaurus is in the Animal Kingdom not HS.

While it's not the exact same situation I've taken food to different location in the magic kingdom and Epcot without issue.

At Mk we normally eat at pecos bills but get my sons food from the harbor house.

At Epcot we normally eat inside the quick service at America and order my sons meal there but the adults order from various places around the world showcase and all meet and eat there.

With counter service food you can take it anywhere. Nobody cares where you take it. Unless it's inside an attraction I suppose.

So the biggest issue is taking up seats...if' it's not busy you're good, but if it's busy I'd have to think about it.

There's also the matter of transferring the food, since many QS don't have to-go packaging because they expect you will eat it where you bought it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter