Can I book AP rate on 2 rooms?

jfegan

Earning My Ears
If only one person in a party of 7 has an AP can they book two rooms at a value if everyone is in the same party and the same person is paying?:goodvibes

This is not true.

I have personally booked 2 rooms w/ my AP when I was only staying in one of them & the other room had no AP's in it.

As long as the rooms are all in your party, you can do it.

Do some more searches on this board & you'll find more examples.

Interesting.

I thought they changed it (maybe 2-3 years ago) so that it was one room per adult AP...anyone in last few months able to book more than one AP room only with just one pass?

I know in the past AP holders could book three rooms per AP. But I was also told that this has changed and now it is only one room.

When I booked our rooms a few months ago, I was only able to book one room with my AP discount. I was told each room had to have an AP holder to get discount. I was able to get other rooms using military code.

Up until a year or so ago you could book I belive up to three rooms with one AP. That has since changed. There now must be an AP holder in each room. I was told this both this past Sept and again in Dec.

Off topic: but you also used to be able to book a room with just a kid's AP. That is no longer allowed either. When I called this past fall and again in Dec I was told they now require one adult AP holder per booked room.

This is not true.

I have personally booked 2 rooms w/ my AP when I was only staying in one of them & the other room had no AP's in it.

As long as the rooms are all in your party, you can do it.

Do some more searches on this board & you'll find more examples.

Nope, as PP's have stated this is no longer the case. There must be one adult AP holder per discounted room.

How long ago did you personally book 2 rooms w/ one AP? As others have mentioned, it used to be that an AP holder could book up to 3 rooms w/an AP discount but that changed about 2 years ago.

we had 2 rooms at Thanksgiving @ POR. I am the only one with the AP. When we got to the resort, both rooms had the AP discount but I know that is not the norm. We had connecting rooms.

we had 2 rooms at Thanksgiving @ POR. I am the only one with the AP. When we got to the resort, both rooms had the AP discount but I know that is not the norm. We had connecting rooms.

Could it have been one of the AP PINs? Then you could book up to 3 rooms with that. Just wondering since we did do this, (even though we all had APs but not at booking)

If the OP is asking what Disney's policy is, then the answer is one room per adult AP. If the OP is asking what can be done, then I have no doubt that people have been able to get more than one room with a single AP since this policy was enacted. There seem to be varying levels of enforcement of the policy on APs.

For example: you do not have to have an AP when you make your booking (if you do it by phone). Policy is that you must have an activated AP (not a voucher) to show at check-in. However, you'll find examples here where some were allowed to check in with the voucher and come back the next day to show the activated AP. Still others say they were never even asked to show their AP.

Definitely not encouraging anyone to break the rules here. Just pointing out, as is sometimes the case on the boards, there is some confusion over policy versus what "can" be done. I wouldn't want to risk being slapped with a rack rate room at check-in, even if I was the rule breaking type (I'm not).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter