Can I be on two Disney resort reservations for the same nights?

Straulin

Mouseketeer
So my wife is having a “girls trip” with her two best friends in February. I booked the room for them (1br Kidani Village) using our DVC points. This has been planned for a while.

My cousin/best friend, who never really saw the appeal of WDW, did come with us on an extended family trip last October. Recently he was talking to my wife an I on the phone. He revealed he is crazy missing Disney World and wants to go back. So with my wife’s hesitant approval, he and I planned a trip for the same dates as my wife’s girls trip. We have been burning through the points and couldn’t find availability via DVC for the dates in a studio. So we decided to book a good neighbor hotel for the two guys to stay. The “girls trip” room can hold five guests so I added him to the reservation so we would get the extended evening hour benefits, even though we won’t actually be sleeping at AKL.

Last night I discovered the “all star” resorts are cheaper than the good neighbor hotel. This would also save a lot of hassle of dealing with non-Disney transportation to and from the parks.

The issue is the value resort will not get the extra evening hours. Can the guys be on both Disney reservations? Is there a work around? Do I have to stay on the AKL reservation since I booked it rather than my wife?

Use alternate names on the reservation you will not be staying in:
IE: nick names, add a Sr or Jr, Use initials, etc

I did this with the BWVs and Poly Villas when Star Wars land first opened.
What I did was change the lead name on the second ressie.
So, your name is lead on the girls weekend trip, is that correct? You really don't need to do that, you can just
add your wife as lead but it doesn't matter.

If your name is lead on the AKL ressie, I would add your cousin first to the All Star ressie.

Hope this helps.

Here is the thing about those evening hours, as long as there are the same amount of people on the reservation as the number of people checking in, it will be fine (assuming that someone on the AK ressie is the one who has their band scanned). I’ve done this 13,493 times and they scan one band and ask how many in your party. if you do the fake name thing, I would Do the fake names on the All Star reservation and just use key cards for the room. Put the name that links to your MB on the AK room.

And for what it’s worth, I’ve been on more than one room a few times and it was never an issue until it was two rooms in the same resort. I booked a DVC room for my minor kids and a different one for my husband and I. It caused all sorts of issues since we wanted the boys on the club reservation and on their own room 🫣 we had a stack of key cards about 2 inches high by the time is was all said and done and none of our MB worked on doors 😂

To be eligible for the evening hours, you need to be on the reservation that has them and have your tickets tied to that reservation.

If you are on an All Stars as you, it will default for you as someone can not be checked in to two rooms at the same time on Disney property as it messes with the magic band.

So, if you are lead on All stars, it is going to default to that for you. It doesn’t matter for your friend because you can list him under his middle name for the all stars one.

But, when you go to check in to All stars, if you are already on the other, the front desk will need to remove you to make you a guest of the DVC room.

May I add a somewhat related question (please delete, if I should open a separate thread): On a split stay, if I'm checking out of a Deluxe/DVC and checking in at a moderate, how can I use the extra evening hours on this day? I should be entitled to the extra evening hours (checkout day of the deluxe) but the Magic Band will have changed to the moderate at that time. Does anyone know how this works at the gates?

May I add a somewhat related question (please delete, if I should open a separate thread): On a split stay, if I'm checking out of a Deluxe/DVC and checking in at a moderate, how can I use the extra evening hours on this day? I should be entitled to the extra evening hours (checkout day of the deluxe) but the Magic Band will have changed to the moderate at that time. Does anyone know how this works at the gates?

It should be fine, they see something similar to what you see on MDE. So on check out day, both the resort you checked out of and the one you are checking into will show up when they scan your band :)

Thanks for all the responses!

I had to stay lead on the All Star as it was a Passholder deal and my cousin isn’t a Passholder.

I couldn’t remove myself from the AKL on the member dashboard. So I called Member Services and was able to have my wife placed as the lead guest on the AKL reservation and myself removed.

I put myself and my cousin back on the AKL reservation using variations of our names. So we should be able to just get cards for the AKL reservation to use, if needed for extended evening hours.

As far as just tagging along with the folks in the AKL room, I am trying to not mess with the girls trip. My wife and I will travel down together but then split off for separate girls / guys trip. (This is her first chance to go with her friends in years and I don’t want to cramp their style in any way. Neither of her friends have significant others coming.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter