Can I add days to tickets at resort?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
I've made several small changes to our package since booking and now I just want to leave it alone. I have my ADRs, etc. and I don't want to temp fate by making any changes. I know the system has been glitch with MDE. We have 6 day tickets but now want 7 day tickets. Can we easily add a day to our tickets at resort check-in?

Thanks!

I was able to do this through AAA when we bought our tickets, however, it was just the tickets not a package and not through Disney.

Rather than change the tickets, can you "cancel" them and buy "new" ones on the reservation?

Wait until you've used the tickets at least once before you add a day. This ensures that you'll be given credit for gate price when you upgrade. (BTW, if anyone tries to charge you more than $10.65 per ticket to add one day, just say thank you and walk away because they're not charging you the correct price.)

We easily added one day at guest relations so if they won't do it at check in, when you walk by a guest relations anytime during your trip, you can do it then.

I couldn't add days (or a PH) to my ticket at the resort. I did get them from Air Miles, so maybe if you have a package you can do it?

I added a day but had to do it at guest relations at the MK. The CM tried to do it at the BC, but couldn't. It was easy and cost like $31 for three adults!

When we stayed at POR we had a 5 day ticket with our package. At the last minuet we snagged a ressie for BOG dinner on our off day, so i needed another day at the parks. The reservation line couldn't add them because it was less then 48 hours until I checked in. When we arrived at POR the Guest relations person gladly added the extra day for us, gave us some sliders for our magic bands and some buttons for the kids and we were good to go.

I have added extra days at EPCOT with no problem. On our last trip we added park hoppers at AK. The only glitch that we ran into was that since it was only a 2 day trip we had not signed up for charging on our Key to the world cards so they had to call the hotel and have them do the add on:confused3

I've made several small changes to our package since booking and now I just want to leave it alone. I have my ADRs, etc. and I don't want to temp fate by making any changes. I know the system has been glitch with MDE. We have 6 day tickets but now want 7 day tickets. Can we easily add a day to our tickets at resort check-in?

Thanks!
OP, did you make your resort reservation before Feb. 23, 2014? If so, your package tickets were valued at the old price. If you made no changes to your reservation, and immediately added one day to your tickets at your resort, you would owe $10,65 (with tax) for the upgrade, and also owe for the ticket increase. However, you stated that you made small changes to your package since booking, and if those changes occurred after Feb. 23, 2014, Disney would have already charged you for the ticket increase.

Since you might not recall the specifics of your resort planning, the smart move would be to check-in, then use your package tickets as-is to enter one of the theme parks. When actually used, your tickets are elevated in value to current gate price and you will only owe for the upgrade. It's a Disney procedure called price-bridging. You could then upgrade at Guest Relations inside the park by the front gate, or, on your way out, visit one of the ticket booths. If you are charged more than $10.65 for each ticket upgrade, the CM didn't price-bridge. Ask them about it, or move on to another CM.

To tack onto the original posters question: Has anyone upgraded from the tickets to annual passes by any chance? We are wavering on this issue and wasn't sure if its better for me to make up my mind now or if I can decide when we are down there already. Thanks in advance!

To tack onto the original posters question: Has anyone upgraded from the tickets to annual passes by any chance? We are wavering on this issue and wasn't sure if its better for me to make up my mind now or if I can decide when we are down there already. Thanks in advance!

Are these package tickets? IMO it's best to wait. First, if you upgrade now, that is even more money you have to pay in advance towards your trip. Second, if you're like me, you're forever changing your plans. You lose nothing if you wait. Use your ticket to enter a theme park first, to qualify for price-bridging. Know what your ticket is worth at current price, and what your target ticket is worth. The difference plus 6.5% tax will be the upgrade cost. No matter which day you do your upgrade to AP, the AP starting date will be the first day that you used your original tickets. In that way, Disney gives you full credit for your entire ticket towards the upgrade.

Are these package tickets? IMO it's best to wait. First, if you upgrade now, that is even more money you have to pay in advance towards your trip. Second, if you're like me, you're forever changing your plans. You lose nothing if you wait. Use your ticket to enter a theme park first, to qualify for price-bridging. Know what your ticket is worth at current price, and what your target ticket is worth. The difference plus 6.5% tax will be the upgrade cost. No matter which day you do your upgrade to AP, the AP starting date will be the first day that you used your original tickets. In that way, Disney gives you full credit for your entire ticket towards the upgrade.

They are package tickets! Thanks for the advice because I am a waffler and even though I stand firm right now that I am not going back I'm sure I'll be suckered into a deal when I go into my resort room for another stay! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter