Can FP+ be split between 2 parks in one day for your family?

DisneySOS

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has already been posted but I'm very confused by the FP+ system.

There are 5 in our group in 2 hotel rooms. We all have base tickets but I plan to upgrade my kids (ages 15 & 20) to park hoppers when we arrive at the resort. We plan to do 2 full days together (then my kids can take advantage of EMH & we can head back to resort a little earlier.) My main concern is the day we start out in 2 different parks. Will I be able to schedule FP+ for the entire group in 2 different parks?

I have until May to actually make reservations but my head is spinning and while it's slow at work I want to try to figure out some sort of plan.

The prebooked FP+ can only be scheduled in one park. Once your first 3 are used, you may book more regardless of what park you're in.

The prebooked FP+ can only be scheduled in one park. Once your first 3 are used, you may book more regardless of what park you're in.

And I will add that 4th and subsequent FPs have to be scheduled at a park kiosk.

Thanks - that really stinks because it means my kids can spend the morning at another park but can't use a FP. Might not even be worth spending the extra money to get them park hoppers.

Thanks - that really stinks because it means my kids can spend the morning at another park but can't use a FP. Might not even be worth spending the extra money to get them park hoppers.

Many suggest doing rope drop at one park, then hopping to a second park when crowds pick up mid-morning and having your FPs scheduled there.

If your question is can you book 3 fast passes for your kids at one park, say HS, while you and DW get three different fast passes at another park, say Epcot, then yes. What you can't do is book all four of you two fast passes at HS and a third one at Epcot.

I'm a little confused- are you meaning that your kids will be in a different park than you in the morning? If so, yes you can schedule fp+'s for them and then fp+'s for you and your wife in another park that same morning.

But I'd still suggest that if you're going to park hop, schedule your afternoons for fp+'s because mornings are less crowded.

Last edited:
Thanks but we don't plan to be there for any RDs. I promised my family we wouldn't go commando this time around and try to have a leisurely trip. I'm also traveling with my mom who is in her 70's and uses a scooter. We only have 3 park days and the kids didn't want to spend a full day in Epcot, they wanted to do AK in the morning and meet us later. It kinda stinks but hey we're going to Disney! They will just lose money on park hoppers from me for 3 days.

Ok - now it looks like I have 2 different answers - still so confused LOL
I guess I will make up 2 game plans and if it works out then great. Luckily I have not yet paid for the park hoppers because we weren't able to make that split decision online either!

My main concern is the day we start out in 2 different parks. Will I be able to schedule FP+ for the entire group in 2 different parks?

I think that your question would have been more understandable if you had said...
My main concern is the day we start out split up in 2 different parks. Will I be able to schedule FP+ for half the group in one park and half the group in another park?

And, the answer to the above bolded question is, yes.

I think you have the correct answer to your question, but my advice would still be to have the kids do AK in the morning without FP, if they are meeting you at Epcot later. Make the FP for Epcot in the afternoon and evening for the whole group, where they will be the most valuable. If the kids get to AK relatively early, they can accomplish a ton without FP. Do the safari first, and EE single rider.

If they use their FP at AK in the morning, you will have yours at Epcot later and they will not.

I'm sorry, I was confused by what you were asking! If you're asking if your kids can go to AK and have FP+ there while you go to Epcot and you get FP+ there, then yes, you can split your party like that. I thought you were asking if your kids could get FP+ in advance at *both* AK and Epcot - the answer to *that* is no. Sorry about the confusion!

One magicband can pre-schedule 3 fastpasses, in one park only, and no repeats. A 4th fastpass can be scheduled at a kiosk once the 3rd fastpass has been used.

One magicband can pre-schedule 3 fast passes...

Just to keep things clear, "MagicBands" don't schedule anything.
You use your MyDisneyExperience (MDE) account to schedule FP+, in-advance and/or day-of.
The MagicBands simply are a way of accessing the info in your MDE account.

Many guests do not have a MagicBand and can still schedule advance and day-of FP+ by just purchasing a
valid WDW ticket and connection and connecting it to their MDE account.
At the parks, guests without MagicBands can use regular plastic tickets for park entry and FP+ functions.

I say this as there is so much confusion regarding MagicBands vs. tickets.

Thanks for all the replies. Still need to figure out how we plan to work this out, meaning my family not that I don't understand.
I haven't been to WDW in 4 years and the changes are pretty overwhelming even for someone who enjoys planning things. I also used to think I was pretty computer savvy but I swear sometimes my kids give me the same look I gave my own parents when I had to set the clock for them on the VCR!

Thanks for all the replies. Still need to figure out how we plan to work this out, meaning my family not that I don't understand.
I haven't been to WDW in 4 years and the changes are pretty overwhelming even for someone who enjoys planning things. I also used to think I was pretty computer savvy but I swear sometimes my kids give me the same look I gave my own parents when I had to set the clock for them on the VCR!

Simply Put.
4 Guests in one room, they all can have 3 FP+ in any park, regardless of the other 3 people in the room.
All 4 do not have to make the FP+ together, if they don't want to.
For example 1 guest can go to AK on Monday and the other 3 stay at the resort pool.
That 1 guest can make FP+ just for themselfs.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Mike

Simply Put.
4 Guests in one room, they all can have 3 FP+ in any park, regardless of the other 3 people in the room.
All 4 do not have to make the FP+ together, if they don't want to.
For example 1 guest can go to AK on Monday and the other 3 stay at the resort pool.
That 1 guest can make FP+ just for themselfs.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Mike

Thanks - it's just that getting conflicting information is frustrating. The CM on the phone told me it wasn't possible & I know they don't always have the most up to date info which is why I posted here to see if others had done it.

Thanks but we don't plan to be there for any RDs. I promised my family we wouldn't go commando this time around and try to have a leisurely trip. I'm also traveling with my mom who is in her 70's and uses a scooter. We only have 3 park days and the kids didn't want to spend a full day in Epcot, they wanted to do AK in the morning and meet us later. It kinda stinks but hey we're going to Disney! They will just lose money on park hoppers from me for 3 days.

The good news is they can likely manage AK just find without any FP+ reservations. Keep their FP for the second part of their day at EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter