• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone recommend a good *reasonable* tablet for apps?

peainapod

Mouseketeer
Can anyone recommend a good tablet? I want one to replace one of our laptops ... and also for kids learning apps. :)

I like my Nexus 7 but I guess it depends on what apps you want and what you consider a "reasonable" price.

I personally think there is a much better selection of quality kid apps on the Apple platform, versus Android. You can buy a refurb iPad straight from the Apple website, which is a big savings. They still have a full 1 year warranty.

I would go with an Apple product, either a refurbished ipad or ipad mini.

I have an ipad Air and DD has a mini ipad and the the Apple platform can't be beat for quality apps.

Another big fan of my Nexus 7.

The new Nexus(16gb/wifi) 7 is $229. It looks like Best Buy and New Egg have refurb Nexus 7 tablets for $149.

Given the OP said "reasonably priced" I'm taking that to mean not an iPad, in which case the Nexus 7 is likely the best option.

That said, OP also said "replace one of our laptops", a suggestion to which I'm always wary of suggesting that any tablet will really suffice.

Given the OP said "reasonably priced" I'm taking that to mean not an iPad, in which case the Nexus 7 is likely the best option.

That said, OP also said "replace one of our laptops", a suggestion to which I'm always wary of suggesting that any tablet will really suffice.

Refurbished ipads are very reasonably priced. :confused3

We have a Kindle. It is HORRIBLE for apps as compared to the iPad. My mom has an iPad, and nearly 90%+ of the apps my DD wants aren't available. (Not sure how the Nexus compares to the Kindle if they are on the same platform, but just an FYI).

We have a Kindle. It is HORRIBLE for apps as compared to the iPad. My mom has an iPad, and nearly 90%+ of the apps my DD wants aren't available. (Not sure how the Nexus compares to the Kindle if they are on the same platform, but just an FYI).

The kindle uses strictly the amazon appstore. The Nexus is an Android and therefore uses the Google playstore. Not even comparable!

Target will have ipad minis on sale for $199 starting Sunday. I am thinking of getting one for my son for his bday in August.

I was going to recommend the iPad mini from Target too. We had a Nexus 7 and I hated it. Soooo not user friendly. Plus, the charge ports go out on them regularly.

For those who say it won't replace a laptop, maybe not 100%, but I rarely touch my laptop now. I do 99% of my computering on my iPad.

Can anyone recommend a good tablet? I want one to replace one of our laptops ... and also for kids learning apps. :)

Samsung has several on sale via Groupon.com. They have the child's tablet it's yellow and orange but a full functioning tablet for $134.99. They have the Red 7"inch 8G one for $119. The 10" Tab 2 is $200. The 7" Tab 3 with a sleeve is $129.99. The Samsung tablets allow memory cards so it might not matter so much if you get the 8G vs the 16G. They do have a few others too. See for yourself below.
http://www.groupon.com/browse/stlou...sung+tablet&address=St+Louis,+MO&locale=en_US

I just got a new Nexus 7 32GB and the 323 ppi resolution screen for $223 on Amazon. I looked at the I Pad but they were charging $500+. Why on earth does Apple think they can charge double what Google charges? :confused3

I just got a new Nexus 7 32GB and the 323 ppi resolution screen for $223 on Amazon. I looked at the I Pad but they were charging $500+. Why on earth does Apple think they can charge double what Google charges? :confused3

Because people will pay it! :lmao:

Because its notably better than other tablets.....

We have iPhones, so it's economically sensible for us to stick with apple to have app sharing built in between devices (3 iPhones, 3 iPods, 3 iPads for our family of 4). Schools also use apple iPads - mostly minis - I think the most educational apps and the least buggy apps exist in apple platform (still buggy apps, but apple versions seem less buggy than android). Groupon frequently has iPads as well at a discount but we usually buy from apple refurb. The target deal is pretty good though!!

so much so we bought another. They are easy to use, have a lot of great apps and we bring them on every vacation without worry:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter