Campground eliminating camping in 2026?

TiggerFreak

Never goes gankin on the Internizzle
Someone told me rumor that WDW plans on converting all campsites over to cabins by 2026.
Hope this is truely just a "Bus Driver" rumor and we will still be able to stay at campground in our RVs for years to come...

Has anyone heard anything like this?
I am aware of the 350 DVC cabins coming over the next couple years and that WDW is selling existing cabins for around 50K for those interested in purchase a large souvineer.

The actual "camping" sites are in the minority already, aren't they? This would be a bummer, but I wouldn't be shocked.

giphy.gif

Well, the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (CFW) which is the current DVC offering underway to convert the legacy cabins to DVC offerings is off to a really, REALLY historically slow sales start.

So I doubt they would double down with a plan like what the OP is suggesting.

Bama Ed

Well, the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (CFW) which is the current DVC offering underway to convert the legacy cabins to DVC offerings is off to a really, REALLY historically slow sales start.

So I doubt they would double down with a plan like what the OP is suggesting.
What if they don't make them DVC? What if the cabins are popular rentals just not DVC? No difference than a Disney hotel where it's a mixed bag between DVC and non-DVC.

There's a reason they decided to make them DVC cabins just speculation but I'm assuming the cabins were popular rentals.

What if they don't make them DVC? What if the cabins are popular rentals just not DVC? No difference than a Disney hotel where it's a mixed bag between DVC and non-DVC.

There's a reason they decided to make them DVC cabins just speculation but I'm assuming the cabins were popular rentals.
They were decently popular, not as much as campground sites, but that's due to the lack of campground sites. However, the DVC cabin sales has been atrociously slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter