Campbells Soup Expiration Dates

mafibisha

DIS Veteran
So how much past the date would you still use the soup?

Also, is it a *use by* or *sell by* date?

IOW I've learned that many products are fine past the stamped date, but must be *sold* by that date.

So how much past the date would you still use the soup? TIA!

(sorta goes along with the destashing as I found some way in the back of our pantry....)

IOW I've learned that many products are fine past the stamped date, but must be *sold* by that date.

(sorta goes along with the destashing as I found some way in the back of our pantry....)

How do I read the code on the top or side of my Campbell product?
The date code displayed on our products is a best used by date. This means that in order to experience optimal color, flavor, aroma and texture the product should be consumed prior to the end of the month displayed on the product. For example, in order to experience optimal quality a product with a date code that reads JUN11 or JUN2011 should be consumed prior to the end of June of the year 2011.

What is the shelf life of my Campbell canned product?
The shelf life of unopened Campbell canned products varies from 1 to 2 years. In order to experience optimal color, flavor, aroma and texture the product should be consumed prior to the end of the month and year displayed on the product.

Link to Have a question about a Campbell product? See if you can find your answer here first.

I have used most canned goods up to a year beyond the date on the can. If the can is not obviously bulging, rusty around seams, or when you open it, it looks/smells funny, then I have used them. I just use my common sense. All the ones I've used past the date have looked/tasted just like any other *in date* can.

How do I read the code on the top or side of my Campbell product?
The date code displayed on our products is a best used by date. This means that in order to experience optimal color, flavor, aroma and texture the product should be consumed prior to the end of the month displayed on the product. For example, in order to experience optimal quality a product with a date code that reads JUN11 or JUN2011 should be consumed prior to the end of June of the year 2011.

What is the shelf life of my Campbell canned product?
The shelf life of unopened Campbell canned products varies from 1 to 2 years. In order to experience optimal color, flavor, aroma and texture the product should be consumed prior to the end of the month and year displayed on the product.

Link to Have a question about a Campbell product? See if you can find your answer here first.

I have used most canned goods up to a year beyond the date on the can. If the can is not obviously bulging, rusty around seams, or when you open it, it looks/smells funny, then I have used them. I just use my common sense. All the ones I've used past the date have looked/tasted just like any other *in date* can.

Thanks much for the replies!

Guess I'll find the balance between their site and my common sense, IOW use some, toss others. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter