Camp signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
We've looked and looked for a good camp sign with a Disney theme, and we've had very little luck. Does anyone out there have such a campsite sign? If so, where did you get it?

We've looked and looked for a good camp sign with a Disney theme, and we've had very little luck. Does anyone out there have such a campsite sign? If so, where did you get it?

Not sure really what you're looking for, mickeyfan.

We have a thread for people to get info on a 22-inch Musket Mickey sign which can be customized. It looks like this:

Here is the thread (and the artist can do custom work - check out carribeandrifter's customized sign on the back side of Musket Mickey on page 31):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036701&page=31

Do you mean a campsite marker like the green DIS mickey head that you can customize with your name and other info?

We have a stickey post at the top of the DIS Camping Board about how to make this.

Or do you mean something totally different? (I didn't create this).

Bama ED

Not sure really what you're looking for, mickeyfan.

We have a thread for people to get info on a 22-inch Musket Mickey sign which can be customized. It looks like this:

Here is the thread (and the artist can do custom work - check out carribeandrifter's customized sign on the back side of Musket Mickey on page 31):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036701&page=31

Do you mean a campsite marker like the green DIS mickey head that you can customize with your name and other info?

We have a stickey post at the top of the DIS Camping Board about how to make this.

Or do you mean something totally different? (I didn't create this).

Bama ED

Actually, we are looking for something a little more universal than that. We love camping, and love Disney, but we are not regular visitors to the Fort (we've yet to make the time available to make the drive). So, we'd love something Disney based, but not necessarily Fort Wilderness based.

Hi all, has anyone had any luck ordering a sign recently? I emailed the guy, and he promptly responded with just a few hours, asking for my customizations and address. I sent them to him a few days later, but didn't hear from him then. The original email and his response were on 9/9.

Last edited:
Hi all, has anyone had any luck ordering a sign recently? I emailed the guy, and he promptly responded with just a few hours, asking for my customizations and address. I sent them to him a few days later, but now he won't respond after multiple attempts. The original email and his response were on 9/9. I don't know why he would have asked for my customizations if he wasn't going to let me order, but who knows? Does anyone else make these??
If you are talking about Warren, yes. We first e-mailed this june, decided on a design, sent payment in late june and received the finished sign in late

YAY! I am so very excited after seeing his work! I can't wait to see his final product. I'm sure he's maybe enjoying a vacation himself, or maybe busy right now. Thank you for your reply! :)

YAY! I am so very excited after seeing his work! I can't wait to see his final product. I'm sure he's maybe enjoying a vacation himself, or maybe busy right now. Thank you for your reply! :)
Don't be afraid to make a design you really love. Pick pieces and parts of all the designs you see. He will send you the final drawing before starting. Think about name and border wording. He did just what we asked. We will have it at the fort this Oct. It's pretty heavy so start thinking about a stand. We are using a 5 ft. Iron plant holder. Make it tall enough that digs don't pee on it.

Attachments

• 20190917_085152.jpg
    20190917_085152.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 23
Don't be afraid to make a design you really love. Pick pieces and parts of all the designs you see. He will send you the final drawing before starting. Think about name and border wording. He did just what we asked. We will have it at the fort this Oct. It's pretty heavy so start thinking about a stand. We are using a 5 ft. Iron plant holder. Make it tall enough that digs don't pee on it.

Yours is FAB!!! His talent is just amazing!!! I was so glad to stumble upon this thread and then to view his designs. They are OUTSTANDING!! I cannot wait to own one. Thank you so much for the hanging advice too!! My father in law welds so I may get him to make us a stand if I can’t find one bc I certainly wouldn’t want it to fall.

Ha Ed. When all you have in the desert is cactus and snakes you have to show off what you've got.

Ric,

Having gravel and a cactus in the front yard is unique enough for us that you get the award for best picture of the month

Bama Ed

PS - although if you could rotate that picture next time, my chiropractor and I would appreciate it. :scared:

(and Marty, a cool dad I met sorta at Halloween 2017, is the OP mickeyfan0805 of this original thread). A nice guy but ....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Ric,

Having gravel and a cactus in the front yard is unique enough for us that you get the award for best picture of the month

Bama Ed

PS - although if you could rotate that picture next time, my chiropractor and I would appreciate it. :scared:

(and Marty, a cool dad I met sorta at Halloween 2017, is the OP mickeyfan0805 of this original thread). A nice guy but ....

giphy.gif
Ed. I have tried and tried to rotate the picture but I am totally incompetent at this stuff. At post 70 years, I will never learn. I attempted to follow your direction to make a green Dis sign with the same result. Ignorance is a trait I have learned to live with. Just give me a cup of coffee and a rocking chair at Crockett's and I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter