Cameras on Dive Quest

mrstay

Earning My Ears
This ? is for anyone that has ever been on the Dive Quest at Epcot. I have booked the Dive Quest for my husband on Feb. 3 and was wondering if he could take his underwater camera with him - has anyone ever done this?

Has anyone ever been on the tour and have any comments on it? I have read the comments on Deb's page and everyone seems to be very happy with it.

The guide that takes you to the behind the scenes area informs all divers that no forms of photography are allowed at any time during the experience. You also aren't allowed to use any of your own dive equipment, except a mask. Basically, you can take your swim suit and dive card.

Originally posted by csibun
The guide that takes you to the behind the scenes area informs all divers that no forms of photography are allowed at any time during the experience. You also aren't allowed to use any of your own dive equipment, except a mask. Basically, you can take your swim suit and dive card.

That's basically the same thing we found out when we called to ask about it. I expected that they wouldn't allow cameras, but I was really surprised to learn that I couldn't even bring my own regulator and dive computer. I would hope that Disney maintains its supply of gear better than most dive operations, but since rental gear is often in pretty poor shape, that's not saying much.

The equipment was in very good condition last May. I'm surprised that you can't take your dive computer. My son dove last May but he didn't bother taking a computer (or ask). I don't see how you'd need one, but I also don't know why you couldn't use it so that you can download and log the dive and save the history information.

If you can't find any additional confirmation about the computer, your husband could take it with him and leave it in the locker if they won't let him dive with it. Maybe the dive master will let him use the computer if it fits in a pocket of the BC. There could be a contract issue with an equiment provider or maybe there is a concern about extra equipment on the divers that might snag on or damage something in the dive tank.:confused:

As far as the comments on the dive, my son really enjoyed it. Its a unique experience for most divers:p

Nope, no cameras at all. No cameras for the backstage area, or underwater cameras. My sister did DQ last August and she wasnt allowed to use her computer either.

She said the equipment was in pretty good shape, so dont worry about that. She is really finicky about her diving, (she dives in Bimini, the Keys, Caribbean, Palo, etc). She is a dive instructer, dive master, underwater photographer, cave diver, and all that other PADI or whatever diving lingo it is LOL) Anyway, she was really happy with the whole set up. Although she didnt bring her own mask, she really really wished she had of. So note to all divers, BRING YOUR OWN MASK. :)

She wished she could of stayed in the tank longer. That was the only drawback.

But no cameras. :( sorry!

BTW, they dont let you use your own dive equipment because of the sanitary thing. They have high standards of keeping the Living Seas clean and they dont want anything in their that they dont clean themselves. Cant much blame em! ;)

Originally posted by Tig
BTW, they dont let you use your own dive equipment because of the sanitary thing. They have high standards of keeping the Living Seas clean and they dont want anything in their that they dont clean themselves. Cant much blame em! ;)

That makes sense. However, I wish they would offer people the opportunity to pay an extra fee to have Living Seas cast members clean their equipment. At the very least I would like to be able to bring my own computer since it logs my dives and I download that dive log to my PC. Oh well . . . if people want to do DiveQuest badly enough, they'll do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter