Calling all Aussie/Kiwi newbies.....

I think i'm an oldie but a goodie.

Borry might beg to differ...

:stir:

Hiiieeeeee

I can only remember eating at Rainforest Cafe! Oh and some burger place! It's been 13 years though, I promise I'll pay more attention next time!!

Hey all, I'm a newbie here! I'm a Queenslander who is a Massive Disney fan. I've been to Disneyland CA twice and am planning my first trip to WDW.

Hi and Welcome, feel free to ask any question we will do our best to help

Hi, I am new to disboards, but I often looked on here for information.
DL 2009 and 2010 . WDW 2013 and hopefully 2015/2016. Going to be crazy and go over xmas:banana::banana::santa:

What a wonderful time to go, except for the crowds, but it sure would be magical. I would love to spend Christmas at Disney.

for those of you who'd like to know just what a piggy you are at WDW heres the link for it to count every place you've ever eaten...then cut the link and add to your sig....:wave2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106043

thanks, there are so many I have yet to try,:woohoo:

oh bummer my signature didnt work, looked ok on the preview, oh well, maybe with such low numbers it was too embarrassed to show itself :(

Yes Tash, xmas 2015 sounds a long way off, but I know things come around quickly , especially with all the planning for a WDW trip.
My initial thoughts were to fly out Boxing Day, but I have been checking flights since Jan for this year flights and just think it will be too expensive at that time and then we will miss a lot of the Christmassy stuff as I don't intend to visit the parks between Xmas and New Year.
Next thought was to do a 7 night cruise , covering Xmas Day and my daughters birthday, she will turn 15 on 27th Dec 2015, ugh way , way too expensive, but would be fantastic.
So now my planning has come to this.....:confused3
Leave here around 10th Dec, or whatever date before the holiday hike in flights happens, fly straight to Orlando, ugh!!! Last year we spent a few days in Hollywood and then NY, but anyhow, have told the kids not this time.
So then stay in Disney Resort until 28th (split stay) and cost me a packet, but I have to stay on site.
So we should be able to do MK twice, HS, AK, Epcot and the Mickey Xmas Party, go to outlets, do a airboat ride ( loved this last year), and I want to go over to Celebration, anyone been there?
Apparently they decorate their houses up wonderfully . We actually went to the High School in Celebration last year to watch a high school football game, as my son likes watching the NFL. It was pretty cool. We just caught a taxi to and from.
We will go to MK Xmas Day, it opens really early doesn't it? Stay there for as long as we can handle it, kids said they are not fussed about xmas lunch or dinner, pizza will do lol:santa:
The 27th Dec , daughters birthday , was thinking of going to DD and La Nouba and dinner at Planet Hollywood.
The 28th , we will go and stay at a hotel on IDrive until around 6th Jan, during the time on IDrive, I want to go to the Titanic Exhibition, IOA & US, not sure how busy Universal Parks will be doing during this, but will have to do it. Also want to go to Florida Mall, AG store will be opened then.
My daughter and myself collect these dolls, so have to visit there.
From the 6th Jan , we are hoping to go and stay at The Boardwalk Inn, daughters choice, and then 11th Jan , Disney Magic 7 night cruise.
These dates are all based on this year, of course the dates will probably change , due to cruise schedule and flights.
After the cruise, either stay at airport hotel in Orlando, or fly back to LAX, maybe stay one night near the airport before the long flight home.
I have priced things up and it is going to cost a pretty penny, but hey, you only live once.:scared1:
Just have to check re my son as he will have moved into year 12, about probably missing the last week of school Dec 2015.
It does work out a longer trip, having to fly out that date in Dec, but will give us time to take it easy as well, once over there.
I am hoping they will have room discounts for a bit of the Dec stay and maybe when we stay at Boardwalk, who knows!!!
Hope I haven't bored / confused you all.
It really is a lot of planning isn't it?:rotfl2:pixiedust:

HI, I have been trying to save for our first trip to Disneyland but the date keeps getting pushed back thanks to finances. We will get there though. I have 2 girls, one who was lucky enough to be chosen for a dream trip to Disneyland in October 2013. She loved it but really wanted her Mum (me) and little sister to see it too so thats what we are aiming for at the moment. :yay:

Welcome Tamara, just keep working at it, it will happen and you will all have the best time ever!

Livingfordisney - It sounds like it will be a wonderful holiday. Have you looked into renting DVC points to try and keep costs down if there are no disney deals at that time of year?

Going to a footy match sounds like fun, we looked into it last year but is was between every season of sport while we were there. Ice Hockey is my favourite sport so would love to go watch a big game - maybe another time.

The plans for your DDs birthday sound great:woohoo:

WDW is a lot of planning but if you are like a lot of us here, we LOVE the planning. I go through withdrawals once I get back and cant wait to start planning another holiday.

I really don't know anything about DVC points, what they are and how you rent them??

DVC points are like a time share system. People buy into Disney resorts and depending on how many points they have can then use these points to stay at a Disney Resort Villa. Lots of people do not use their points each year and rent them out. There is an area on the dis which is dedicated to them, there is lots of information in there. You can rent from an individual or through a rental company. I am currently renting from an individual and have also rented my points through a rental company, both are great.

You will need to cost it as budget and moderate resorts may be cheaper, so do some cost comparison. It is definitely the cheaper option if you dont want the ddp (may work out cheaper if the ddp comes free with a stay and park package) and you want to stay at a deluxe resort.

I have rented DVC 3 times now through brokers. David's Vacation Club Rentals is a sponsor on the DIS, and if you go to his website you'll gets heaps of info.

Just know that December is the hardest month of the year to rent DVC, so if you are interested you will have to begin your inquiries asap.

Hello!:wave:

Disney virgin here, we're heading to Paris in October for our first Disneyland experience! I guess I fit the ANZAC criteria quite well as a kiwi living in Perth :)

some of us are owners, and some are renters...but we all think its a great way to stay deluxe for value prices....

most of us Aussie owners never have points left to rent, so go thru the reputable rental places like davids....you cant be too careful with people renting off the internet, they can take your money (1000's of $$$) and you're left with nothing.

Remember, if the deal is too good to be true, it normally is.:teacher:

some of us are owners, and some are renters...but we all think its a great way to stay deluxe for value prices.... most of us Aussie owners never have points left to rent, so go thru the reputable rental places like davids....you cant be too careful with people renting off the internet, they can take your money (1000's of $$$) and you're left with nothing. Remember, if the deal is too good to be true, it normally is.:teacher:

Agreed.

Hello!:wave:

Disney virgin here, we're heading to Paris in October for our first Disneyland experience! I guess I fit the ANZAC criteria quite well as a kiwi living in Perth :)

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing about your plans and then all about your holiday. Disney Paris is on my very long bucket list.

some of us are owners, and some are renters...but we all think its a great way to stay deluxe for value prices....

most of us Aussie owners never have points left to rent, so go thru the reputable rental places like davids....you cant be too careful with people renting off the internet, they can take your money (1000's of $$$) and you're left with nothing.

Remember, if the deal is too good to be true, it normally is.:teacher:

Some of the reputable rental places I would not trust either. Ask Sugarglider!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter