• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvjules

DIS Veteran
I managed to get a CG Reservation on my birthday. We are at MK that day (park closes for MVMCP at 6). We are staying at CBR so no time to go home and change. Is park attire acceptable? Or should I go back to dinner at CP?

ETA: I cancelled the reservation. I don't want to have to go change before dinner and it seems like park attire isn't appropriate. :) Crystal Palace it is!

Last edited:
I managed to get a CG Reservation on my birthday. We are at MK that day (park closes for MVMCP at 6). We are staying at CBR so no time to go home and change. Is park attire acceptable? Or should I go back to dinner at CP?

ETA: I cancelled the reservation. I don't want to have to go change before dinner and it seems like park attire isn't appropriate. :) Crystal Palace it is!
Honestly unless my ADR was a time that worked for me to see the MK firework, which would be at 10 pm, then the meal is totally not worth it. I think you made a good choice.

And from personal experience, we never wear "park clothes" to CG. I usually wear nice capris and a top, guys in collared shirts. Most people there look like us or fancier, which we have done too.

Many peoples park clothes differ. I wear golf shorts and polos to the park and could get by at CG dinner just fine with that.

Agree with the timing, unless you are there for fireworks view, it isnt the best value IMO.

I’ll disagree that CG is only worth its cost for fireworks viewing.

We eat there virtually every trip and have never had a less than delicious meal. The service has varied—until we started asking for the best server there. And no, I’m not saying who.

Yea, at $89 PP I will skip it since it is a 6:15PM dinner on a party day. I'm really hoping for CM but CP will do for now. :) Thanks all!

Honestly unless my ADR was a time that worked for me to see the MK firework, which would be at 10 pm, then the meal is totally not worth it. I think you made a good choice.

And from personal experience, we never wear "park clothes" to CG. I usually wear nice capris and a top, guys in collared shirts. Most people there look like us or fancier, which we have done too.

You are aware that even if your reservation is not at the time of the fireworks you can still return for viewing the fireworks from the outside viewing area?

You are aware that even if your reservation is not at the time of the fireworks you can still return for viewing the fireworks from the outside viewing area?
Yes but logistically it’s often a pain.

As long as you're not in tank tops/cutoffs you're fine. I usually opt for dark wash jeans and a solid t-shirt or polo, but you won't be underdressed in shorts and a t-shirt. There's a mix of everything.
I'm not sure about the 'not worth it besides fireworks' comments, CG is consistently one of our favorite meals.

Attire in CG runs the gamut. I usually like to dress up a smidge, but that's because I like to, not really because I NEED to. A really easy solution is a sundress with bike shorts underneath - appropriate for the parks and also for dinner. Guys/boys just wear a nicer pair of shorts and polo.

Attire in CG runs the gamut. I usually like to dress up a smidge, but that's because I like to, not really because I NEED to. A really easy solution is a sundress with bike shorts underneath - appropriate for the parks and also for dinner. Guys/boys just wear a nicer pair of shorts and polo.
Made me think one trip we took a small bag with a change of clothes in a locker at MK. Grabbed the bag on our way out, hit the restroom and changed. Guys just changed into collared polo shirts and gals into sundresses. Only took a few minutes and we felt appropriate.

Agree. You see shorts and t-shirts up to suits. We usually wear business casual.

When we’ve eaten at Narcossee’s, people get up mid dinner and go outside to watch the fireworks. Is it ok to do that at Calif Grill?

When we’ve eaten at Narcossee’s, people get up mid dinner and go outside to watch the fireworks. Is it ok to do that at Calif Grill?
Yes. Everytime that we have dined there, our server times the courses so that we can go out and watch the fireworks. Then come back in and finish the meal.

I always dress to impress at California Grill.

Button down / polo sometimes pants.

I don't go till at least 7pm though.

I personally wouldn't go in park attire anytime 7pm and on.. Lunch I think would be OK

Not only is it okay, it’s more or less routine! As gharter says above, your server will time the meal for you, unless you tell them you do not plan to watch the fireworks.

Because we prefer to to wear nicer clothes to a nice restaurant.
Do you seriously think business casual = nice? And if so, do you think business casual is the only type of "nice" clothing one would wear to a vacation dinner? That's so bizarre. I wear nice clothes to California Grill, but no way would i wear business casual. Would be so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter