California Grill - Picture Report - Relive the experience! ADDED MAY '09 Pics Page 23

Thanks for the update! I just love following you here on this thread. It's fantastic!

We're skipping CG in July :guilty: but we'll be there again in December. Yum!:goodvibes

Beautiful review of CG! Thanks for sharing.

Question: How much was the Omakase meal for 2? I didn't know CG could do this -- never saw it on the menu before. I know you were on TIW, but any idea on the OOP cost for this option?

Thanks again! :goodvibes

Question: How much was the Omakase meal for 2? I didn't know CG could do this -- never saw it on the menu before. I know you were on TIW, but any idea on the OOP cost for this option?

...is not actually on the menu - I asked about it (having read about it in one of Anthony Bourdain's books awhile ago) - and they "came up with something". At the time, I was on the DDP, and they basically charged the same price as the filet (now $44), and populated the plate with Yoshe's choice of sushi. As with any variation on the menu, your best bet is to describe what you want to your server and work with him / her on it.

...is not actually on the menu - I asked about it (having read about it in one of Anthony Bourdain's books awhile ago) - and they "came up with something". At the time, I was on the DDP, and they basically charged the same price as the filet (now $44), and populated the plate with Yoshe's choice of sushi. As with any variation on the menu, your best bet is to describe what you want to your server and work with him / her on it.

Thanks for answering! :)

as allways: wonderful pictures and great review!! :goodvibes Thanks for posting it! I hope the weather improves soon!!

All I can say is ....WOW...

Your pictures are gorgeous and your review is perfect timing for me, we are eating at the Cali Grill for the first time on June 4th!

Your three appies are exactly what I wanted to order, how the heck am I going to choose? Oh well I guess DH and I are going to have to eat all three and just share.

Thanks for the tip on the flatbread...maybe we will order one of those too! :rotfl:

That black walnut cheesecake looks soooo good!

Oh my goodness, that maine lobster risotto looks amazing!

I'll be at CG on Jun 1st (keeping my fingers crossed the oven *might* be fixed a touch early) and my initial plan was sushi, first course and dessert. I was pretty much set on:

Shrimp Tempura Roll
Spicy Kazan Roll
Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli

but that risotto is giving the goat cheese ravioli a run for its money!! :love:

Introduction: I don't always know the best location to post - trip report? dining review? F&W thread? So, I am
  • posting all threads in my trip report, and
  • creating cross reference threads wherever it may apply, and
  • including a single picture here, to give some sense of the topic, and
  • including a link to the main thread, which is organized into a Table of Links so that you can find all related links easily!

Click Here for Table of Links
to see all related pictures and comments

================================================

Local Seely's Ark Farm Rabbit Coq Au vin
with Braised Autumn Aromatic Vegetables

Etude Estate "Deer Camp" Pinot Noir, Carneros 2008

p443532453-4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter