• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill Lounge, Still Available?

PurpleHaze

Mouseketeer
Quick question, back in the pre COVID days you could go up to the California Grill and sit at the bar / lounge and take in the fireworks. I'll be taking my girlfriend in early December for her birthday. I dont want to do the new fixed menu dinner. I really want to be able just to go up and let her enjoy the atmosphere, have a drink at the bar and take in the fireworks. Is that still possible?

Really not sure how the lounge is functioning now but you can go to the Outer Rim Lounge to view the Electric Water Pageant for less money.

I was there a few weeks ago and bar seating was first come, first serve. You will need to check in at the desk on the second floor to see if they have any availability. There was no bar seating available when I went (this was right after the fireworks), and I was told to check again in 30 minutes. There was no wait list. I waited about 30 minutes, but there was still no availability. I gave up after that.

We were there last Friday.. There is no lounge. There are a few seats at the bar.
The area where the lounge was is now regular seating.
I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it this way.

We were there last Friday.. There is no lounge. There are a few seats at the bar.
The area where the lounge was is now regular seating.
I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it this way.
So can you request to sit at the bar with no ADR and not pay the price fix menu?

So can you request to sit at the bar with no ADR and not pay the price fix menu?
I have no idea if those sitting at the bar were eating (like they did before at the lounge area), or just getting drinks. From where we were sitting, I couldn't see. Just saw people in the seats at the bar.

Is there any update on the lounge at California Grill? Are they still using it for a dinner seating area? or can we sit at the bar and grab a drink or a bite to eat? Heading there the 1st week of May and hoping to have a chance to sit in the lounge- appreciate any insight from anyone who has been there recently. Thanks in advance!

We were there 2 weeks ago. What used to be the lounge area is seating and doesn't look like that will be changing. There are a few seats at the bar where people were eating. I believe that is walk up only.

Very limited, you can only sit at the bar now, and they have a bar menu. I think the odds of using that to see fireworks are not good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter