California Grill Fireworks Timing

Scooley01

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We'll be at Disney in a few weeks for our honeymoon, and we have a dinner booked at California Grill. Our reservation is on the last night of our trip at 7:45pm, and fireworks that night are at 9:20pm. Given the pre-fixe nature of the CG meal currently, will we still be dining when fireworks happen? It would be really cool if we could see them from the table!

Depends how quickly you eat.
For us that would not be an issue. Our meals at CG usually go about 2 hours.
Odds are you will not be seated right at 7:45 as well.

Depends how quickly you eat.
For us that would not be an issue. Our meals at CG usually go about 2 hours.
Odds are you will not be seated right at 7:45 as well.
We're definitely fine being seated a bit later, and we were told that we should ask for a table with a view of the fireworks if possible, and we're OK waiting for that as well. Trying to make a romantic dinner happen :D

We're definitely fine being seated a bit later, and we were told that we should ask for a table with a view of the fireworks if possible, and we're OK waiting for that as well. Trying to make a romantic dinner happen :D
Our server was wonderful. We told him we were planning to watch the fireworks and he spaced out the meal so we were done with the entrée before the fireworks started and then had dessert after. We went out on the deck to the left to view.
Enjoy!

It would be really cool if we could see them from the table!

That's the part the entirely depends on where you are sitting. Not every table has a view, and most are obstructed (many of the windows overlook the lagoon or toward Epcot) . Many people go out to the deck and watch the fireworks, then return to their table. Like many places at WDW, it's pretty common for people to finish, then just sit and sip (or pretend to sip) their coffee while they wait for a show.

But, remember, anyone with an ADR for Cali Grill for that night can watch the fireworks from the observation deck. So people who eat earlier oftne return to CG to wathc the FW and people who eat later will watch and then wait to be seated (there is a massive turnover just after the F/W), or (usually in Winter) many show up to watch the F/W, then return at night for dinner. You are not reliant on your ADR time to get a chance to see the F/W.

We ate at California Grill on 5/2 (our wedding night!) and it was amazing. Our reservation was at 7:15, seated at 7:30, fireworks were at 9:00 and it was PERFECT.

We planned on arriving early but due to a monorail issue we ended up at the podium right at 7:15. We did not check in on the app. I bold this line because we learned the "hard" way at Ohana that making any request at the podium after checking in just complicates things. Therefore, we checked in in person, I asked for a window seat and said we were willing to wait, and the cast member made a note on the reservation and commented on our just married buttons (I am sure this helped us). We ended up getting seated at 7:25 at a beautiful window table, and they had put confetti down on the table for us. Looking back at the pics on my phone, we were sitting down at 7:30, got apps at 8:00, got food at 8:30, and was served dessert right at 9:00 when the fireworks started - we watched from the window.

Firework View: I will say the window view of the fireworks was "meh" since you can see the reflection of the restaurant lights in the windows, but at that point we had seen the fireworks from the Poly 2 nights in a row so I didn't mind and did not want to get up LOL. If I hadn't been a little fireworked-out so to speak, I would have been a little ticked that I didn't go outside - see attached pics for what I mean.

Food/Experience: The meal was INCREDIBLE. I mean, the fact that it was our wedding night helped but it was really just the most amazing experience. We did the upcharge steak for 2 as our entree and it was the BEST steak either of us have ever had. Our server was great and even surprised us with a champagne toast and some wonderful well wishes. Truly the best meal of the trip! You will have a great time and your reservation time is perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_5314.jpg
    IMG_5314.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5316.jpg
    IMG_5316.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5324.jpg
    IMG_5324.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 23
WE did not check in on the app either. When we got to the desk, there were no other guests around.
We didn't ask for a specific seat as we prefer to stand on the outside deck to watch fireworks for the reasons you noted.
We have done their prix-fixe twice and loved it. We usually get and appetizer, entree and dessert and wine with the meal, so this fits our dining style just fine. Both times the wine pairings were different, but very good.

We always do CA Grill one night of our trip (large group of 12 with kids). Typically kids and few adults head out to the deck and if table not a good place to view rest of party comes out to the deck as well.

Hi all! We'll be at Disney in a few weeks for our honeymoon, and we have a dinner booked at California Grill. Our reservation is on the last night of our trip at 7:45pm, and fireworks that night are at 9:20pm. Given the pre-fixe nature of the CG meal currently, will we still be dining when fireworks happen? It would be really cool if we could see them from the table!
Keep in mind that if you finish before the fireworks, you are allowed to go out on the roof with a cocktail or beer/wine and see the fireworks, which may be better than the table because not all tables are along the windows.

So glad you've booked one of our long-time faves.

Congratulations with heartiest wishes for a lifetime of happiness.

And, may you be fortunate enough to celebrate your first anniversary at Cali G, too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter